http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 08:22:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McCain advisors speak out against Palin  (Read 3548 times)
Jeff
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2008, 07:37:52 PM »

From CNN's political ticker:

Link

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (CNN) – With 10 days to go until election day, long brewing tension between Sarah Palin and key aides to John McCain has become so intense, it is spilling out into the public.

Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN they have become increasingly frustrated with what one aide described as Palin “going rogue” recently, while a Palin associate says she is simply trying to “bust free” of what she believes was a mishandled roll-out that damaged her.

McCain sources point to several incidents where Palin has gone off message, and privately wonder if they were deliberate. For example: labeling robo calls “irritating,” even as the campaign was defending the use of them and telling reporters she disagreed with the campaigns controversial decision to pull out of Michigan.

A second McCain source tells CNN she appears to now be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

“She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone,” said this McCain adviser, “she does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else. Also she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: divas trust only unto themselves as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom.”

A Palin associate defended her by saying she is “not good at process questions” and that her comments on Michigan and the robo calls were answers to process questions.

But this Palin source acknowledged that she clearly is trying to take more control of her own message, pointing to last week’s impromptu press conference on a Colorado tarmac.

Who knows what other of her comments have been off message, perhaps even the "Obama pals around with terrorists" bullshit she spewed a few weeks ago.

Kind of amazing when your own party members can't get along with you, and your own associate says "she's not good at process questions" (which basically means she doesn't know much).

I'm now very glad McCain picked her. It was his undoing.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 12:09:59 AM »

McCain really let the the genie out of the bottle. Or opened Pandora's Box or something. He got desperate and now he can't control the monster he's created.  I'm sure Palin probably sees herself of the saviour of the Republican Party and is more concerned with polishing and repairing her own image so she can take a run in 2012.
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 01:09:50 AM »

The Republican party she could be the savior for would need to be renamed.  I am amazed at the amount of info coming out about her and still there are the die hards defending her.

-the revelations about the oil pipeline bids
-the Troopergate report
-Her strong anti-intellectual mindset (and I was mildly shocked to find out her son dropped out of HS and of course her pregnant daughter)
-how she took over Wasilla with no debt and left it with $123 million in debt
-How she handed out money to Mr and Mrs Sixpack in Alaska but taxing big business
-Her husband being a member of the Alaska Independence Party (pretty sure he isn't today)

I guess all it takes is to be hardcore Christian, pro life and anti-gay marriage.
Unagi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 06:09:05 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on October 26, 2008, 12:09:59 AM

McCain really let the the genie out of the bottle. Or opened Pandora's Box or something. He got desperate and now he can't control the monster he's created.

Ha!, if you consider the myth of Pandora, that means we are left with only:
 icon_biggrin icon_lol

Unagi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 06:12:21 AM »

Quote from: Jaddison on October 26, 2008, 01:09:50 AM

I guess all it takes is to be hardcore Christian, pro life and anti-gay marriage.
Karl Rove broke it, the Republican Party bought it.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 08:17:08 AM »

Quote from: Unagi on October 26, 2008, 06:09:05 AM

Quote from: Canuck on October 26, 2008, 12:09:59 AM

McCain really let the the genie out of the bottle. Or opened Pandora's Box or something. He got desperate and now he can't control the monster he's created.

Ha!, if you consider the myth of Pandora, that means we are left with only:
 icon_biggrin icon_lol

lol nicely played.
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 01:05:00 PM »

I don't know how many of you were around for it but JFK caused similar fervor.  As we see Jack had a few....flaws we never got to see.  Clinton almost approached that level of "hope" and he had...a few flaws.

Obama, in my opinion, may be a better choice than validating the Republican Party (at least what it has become) but he will be no savior.  Though he may be quite different indeed, I read a story on Thrusday that several of his aides have said that he is willing to be a one term president than enter office and not try to make good on his stated goals.  Now that is refreshing to hear.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 01:42:10 AM »

I don't think he'll be that different than any other average president, but he'll be vastly different than the way more Republicans have been running this country.

I'm not too keen on the two party system either.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 01:48:29 AM »

Palin's got 2012 square in her sights.

A senior adviser to John McCain told CNN's Dana Bash that the comments about her wardrobe "were not the remarks we sent to her plane this morning."
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 01:53:02 PM »

What you're seeing is a campaign imploding.  They know they're going to lose, so the finger-pointing has started and rats are jumping from the ship.  The biggest rat of all - Palin - is trying to position herself as a candidate for 2012 and she's throwing McCain under the bus.  Then again, he's the one at fault for picking her in the first place without a deep vetting process to appeal to ultra-conservatives at the expense of moderates.  Her choice was an "all-in", almost reckless decision at the time when a more conservative and measured approach would have been far more appropriate. 

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 07:53:45 PM »

This is priceless.

Gov. Palin, huddled under a fleece on the front of her campaign plane after two evening rallies in Pennsylvania, dismissed the talk.

"Until any reporter can give me a name of any legitimate source that is criticizing, I will never believe that even the complaints -- the criticism -- is coming from within the campaign," she said. "That's how unbelievable it is to me."

I think someone doesn't understand confidential sourcing.
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 11:21:46 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on October 29, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

This is priceless.

Gov. Palin, huddled under a fleece on the front of her campaign plane after two evening rallies in Pennsylvania, dismissed the talk.

"Until any reporter can give me a name of any legitimate source that is criticizing, I will never believe that even the complaints -- the criticism -- is coming from within the campaign," she said. "That's how unbelievable it is to me."

I think someone doesn't understand confidential sourcing.

No I think someone understands exactly what it is, and how it makes it so easy to just make things up.
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 01:37:57 AM »

Yes i do believe Palin has a VERY good understanding about how to make things up...like opposing the Bridge to Nowhere and a rather long list of other things she has made up.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 01:41:33 AM »

It would have been funnier if she had covered her ears and went "Lalala...I can't hear you..."

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 02:47:34 AM »

I love that people are still speculating that Palin could be a 2012 candidate.  It turns out she's even dumber than we'd thought, as evidenced by this Fox News (!!) clip.

We’re told by folks that she didn’t know what countries that were in NAFTA, the North American Free Trade Agreement, that being the Canada, the US, and Mexico.  We’re told she didn’t understand that Africa was a continent rather than a country just in itself ... a whole host of questions that caused serious problems about her knowledgeability.  She got very angry at staff, thought that she was mishandled.....was particularly angry about the way the Katie Couric interview went. She didn’t accept preparation for that interview when the aides say that that was part of the problem.  And that there were times that she was hard to control emotionally.  There's talk of temper tantrums at bad news clippings.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 06:23:14 AM »

Huh. Anytime someone cites FoxNews to prove a point, you and others on the forum immediately dismiss it as "Fox News, not worth even thinking about." Yet when they say something that's music to your ears, all of a sudden they're an authority. Interesting. Ok, not really interesting. More boring partisanship, really.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 12:39:35 PM »

I think it's more like "Fox News?  They clearly support the Republican Party."  So when they run a story like this it's... interesting.
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 12:50:15 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on November 06, 2008, 06:23:14 AM

Huh. Anytime someone cites FoxNews to prove a point, you and others on the forum immediately dismiss it as "Fox News, not worth even thinking about." Yet when they say something that's music to your ears, all of a sudden they're an authority. Interesting. Ok, not really interesting. More boring partisanship, really.

More like when FOX is willing to say or report anything negative about the political party they are so obviously biased towards, we take note because it indicates a very real problem there.
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 01:29:07 PM »

It is possible that the master manipulator behind Foxnews want to make sure that Palin has no chance in 2012 by making up stuff about Palin just like how they made up stuff about Obama or other democrats in the past.

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 01:32:47 PM »

This would be funny and sad if it weren't for McCain actually picking her for no obvious reason. It's all on him for choosing poorly.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 03:23:58 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on November 06, 2008, 01:32:47 PM

This would be funny and sad if it weren't for McCain actually picking her for no obvious reason. It's all on him for choosing poorly.

forgive me if I havent followed this closely enough from across the sea, but...didnt choosing Palin actually seem a good thing when he did so? I seem to remember it being called a masterstroke in some medias...

A new one
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 06:41:15 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 06, 2008, 03:23:58 PM

Quote from: Eduardo X on November 06, 2008, 01:32:47 PM

forgive me if I havent followed this closely enough from across the sea, but...didnt choosing Palin actually seem a good thing when he did so? I seem to remember it being called a masterstroke in some medias...

Before Palin, Obama monopolized the media spotlight. He's just more charismatic and photogenic...and most of the major media tend to tilt liberal anyway. McCain was in the shadows. Everyone expected a dull and predictable vp choice. So Palin was a masterstroke in the sense that she pried the cameras away from Obama. She is even more photogenic than he is.

When her lack of substance and fringe beliefs came into focus, the media spotlight stopped seeming like such a great idea. If they could have kept Palin under wraps for a few more weeks...it might have worked.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 09:50:29 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on November 06, 2008, 02:47:34 AM

I love that people are still speculating that Palin could be a 2012 candidate.  It turns out she's even dumber than we'd thought, as evidenced by this Fox News (!!) clip.

We’re told by folks that she didn’t know what countries that were in NAFTA, the North American Free Trade Agreement, that being the Canada, the US, and Mexico.  We’re told she didn’t understand that Africa was a continent rather than a country just in itself ... a whole host of questions that caused serious problems about her knowledgeability.  She got very angry at staff, thought that she was mishandled.....was particularly angry about the way the Katie Couric interview went. She didn’t accept preparation for that interview when the aides say that that was part of the problem.  And that there were times that she was hard to control emotionally.  There's talk of temper tantrums at bad news clippings.

I'm surprised no one is talking about her spending spree as well:

The most colourful new information concerned Palin's spending spree on the campaign trail. Newsweek reported that she ended up spending far more than the $150,000 (£93,000) that was already known about, with up to $40,000 being lavished on her husband, Todd.

A wealthy donor who had offered to pay was shocked, Newsweek said, when he got the bill from the high-end retailers Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. One McCain aide characterised the episode to the magazine as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast".

I saw a bit on this while watching CNN Headline News over lunch.  That even puts my spending sprees to shame.  Fabulous

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 03:33:14 AM »

Quote from: warning on November 06, 2008, 12:39:35 PM

I think it's more like "Fox News?  They clearly support the Republican Party."  So when they run a story like this it's... interesting.

I think shows the republican party following through on their promises that if she does not reign it in and follow the party line, they were going to bring the heat. She ignored them, hence the heat cometh, delivered by Fox news.

Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 03:50:49 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 06, 2008, 03:23:58 PM

When his choice was announced, and through her speech at the Rebublican convention, it did seem like a bold and possibly "master" stroke.  Quite a few of my friends and family (who tend to lean Democratic) were intrigued and interested by the choice. 

That lasted up until we actually got some substantive interviews and the picture got a little clearer. 

XBox Live:  JNacht
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 01:30:41 PM »

CNN defend Palin?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/06/campbell.brown.palin/index.html?iref=mpstoryview#cnnSTCText
warning

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 03:29:04 PM »

Campbell Brown is hawt.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 01:25:59 AM »

I really hope she's recycled in 2012.

Said Palin on Friday: "The Alaska voters have spoken and me not be a dictator, won't be telling anyone what to do."

Me not even taking the quote out of context, but me would love to hear a live clip of this.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 03:31:45 PM »

Being Palin, she probably just dropped the "g"...and the "n"...and the "i"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: