http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 08:45:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marijuana. Just watched a documentary.  (Read 9600 times)
Alefroth
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2013, 06:54:04 PM »

That's just to counteract the CBD and ensure you stay productive.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2013, 06:56:30 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on September 20, 2013, 03:25:06 PM

I suppose grapes have their roots in hell too, after all the fruit of that vine causes more deaths in a month, than pot does in decades.

Blame Noah.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2013, 06:57:24 PM »

I suppose grapes have their roots in hell too, after all the fruit of that vine causes more deaths in a month, than pot does in decades.

Actually, did you know that pot has never caused the death of one person in all of human history?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2013, 08:51:48 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 20, 2013, 06:57:24 PM

Actually, did you know that pot has never caused the death of one person in all of human history?

but I hear it is deadly to the feline population.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: September 20, 2013, 10:34:54 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on September 20, 2013, 03:38:29 AM

I hope the Weed with Roots In Hell brings you some relief. Let us know.
How can anything, that if used correctly, brings relief to chronic pain, have its roots in hell?
That's why the stigma attached to pot needs to be removed..by legalizing it.

I suppose grapes have their roots in hell too, after all the fruit of that vine causes more deaths in a month, than pot does in decades.(Ive never heard of a pot smoker killing people on the highway, or coming home and beating his wife and kids)
Maybe excessive Led Zeppelin listening, but that just gives you a slight ringing in the ears if played too loud.

Relax, I didn't coin that phrase.

Also known as...

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 20, 2013, 10:40:57 PM »

People who use weed are scumbag criminals that should be put in jail.   
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2013, 10:41:24 PM »

Just kidding.  #drunkpost
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: September 21, 2013, 01:21:02 AM »

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Psychiatry/AnxietyStress/1934?xid=ob_&utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=psyc&hr=ob

A synthetic cannabinoid -- similar to the compounds found in marijuana, but substantially stronger -- causes the growth of new neurons and reduces anxiety and depression, investigators at the University of Saskatchewan here reported.

And researchers at the University of Calgary said they've found evidence that the brain contains so-called CB2 cannabinoid receptors, previously seen in immune tissue but thought not to exist in brain tissue. The discovery, they added, could lead to new drugs to treat nausea associated with cancer or AIDS.

Most so-called drugs of abuse -- such as alcohol or cocaine -- inhibit the growth of new neurons, according to Xia Zhang, M.D., Ph.D., of the University of Saskatchewan.

"Only marijuana promotes neurogenesis," Dr. Zhang said.

ninja2
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2013, 02:48:52 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on September 20, 2013, 10:40:57 PM

I AM OUTRAGED!   icon_wink

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 21, 2013, 08:50:25 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on September 20, 2013, 10:40:57 PM

Wow. Is my sarcasm detector off? I just woke up and I'm on the crapper. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 21, 2013, 08:55:06 AM »

Quote from: Arclight on September 20, 2013, 12:46:51 AM

I'm 59. I have Hep. C with chirosis of the Liver. I'm a Hemophiliac with common bleeds into my knee. I have two herniated disc's and spinal stenosis. I was diagnosed with PTSD\Major Depresive disorder, mainly caused by Military incidents, but also a major side effect to the sick liver struggling to clear my system of very harmful toxins.

I'm on a Military Pension, and a Federal Government disability Pension. I've been here for 19 years.

I'm on a very large amount of Hydromorphone (stronger than Percocet, oxycontin, etc) I hate the pain pills. I hate, hate, hate the pain pills.
I'm addicted to them now. Not because of the need of a high, but if I even miss one dose, I go into withdrawls. I tried to come off before, and almost had to be hospitilized.
Its a hell I wouldn't wish on anyone.

The wife and I were talking yesterday about talking to the Dr. about medicinal pot. He had me on Sativex ages ago, but it was so weak as to not work at all.(spray thc, that really doesn't work)

Along with all my sicknesses, the pain killers are a major concern and worry. If I don't take them, I don't sleep, I don't move, I don't function.
So hearing that someone here has been helped by Dr. Pot gives me hope, big hope.

I made the appointment to see the Doc, and praying that it works out.

My faith is my comfort. I know God heals. I know there is Miracles. I don't know when, but I believe the crap I have isn't to death. Contrary to the Doctor's opinions.

I just want off the pain pills, and have something much less invasive and chemical oriented to help me through the day.

I guess they would cut me back slowly from the Hydromorphone and slowly increase the Pot at the same time.

Regardless, I have to give this a shot.

Hope the best for ya. Just when I thought my life was problematic. Seriously, hope things turn around for you, keep us informed.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2013, 01:05:51 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 20, 2013, 09:17:37 AM

Anyone investing in any of these Marijuana 'penny' stocks? (MJNA, PHOT, HEMP, etc.) 

Are you investing in them? I am not that brave. Even if they were stronger than they appear to be now, one law change and they tank.
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2013, 03:48:45 AM »

Not even one law change, just takes a change of opinion at the federal level.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: September 25, 2013, 10:51:19 PM »

As I said before, I think there is plenty of reasons to legalize it.  I can tell you that it helps my wife, despite our protestations in getting to that point.   If it helps somebody abate serious pain and get back to normalcy when the most aggro of narcotics couldn't, why wouldn't you?   What's the alternative?  "Sorry ma'am - you need to suffer...uh....because I personally object to it."

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 25, 2013, 10:57:57 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 25, 2013, 10:51:19 PM

As I said before, I think there is plenty of reasons to legalize it.  I can tell you that it helps my wife, despite our protestations in getting to that point.   If it helps somebody abate serious pain and get back to normalcy when the most aggro of narcotics couldn't, why wouldn't you?   What's the alternative?  "Sorry ma'am - you need to suffer...uh....because I personally object to it."

Does it matter if there are any medical benefits? Either we own our body or we don't.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: September 26, 2013, 02:29:30 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on September 25, 2013, 10:57:57 PM

Does it matter if there are any medical benefits? Either we own our body or we don't.

I can't disagree.  You are free, and that means having the ability to do whatever you want to your body.   Smoking pot by the truckload is likely less damaging than binge drinking, which is legal. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 26, 2013, 07:09:12 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 26, 2013, 02:29:30 AM

I can't disagree.  You are free, and that means having the ability to do whatever you want to your body.   Smoking pot by the truckload is likely less damaging than binge drinking, which is legal. 

I think the bottom comment there sums it up for me. So many things are treated so differently for absolutely no ryhme or reason. It's baffling.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 26, 2013, 01:05:36 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on September 26, 2013, 07:09:12 AM

I think the bottom comment there sums it up for me. So many things are treated so differently for absolutely no ryhme or reason. It's baffling.

If there had been a billion dollar pot lobby all these years, it would have been legalized long ago.
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 26, 2013, 01:38:22 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 26, 2013, 01:05:36 PM

If there had been a billion dollar pot lobby all these years, it would have been legalized long ago.

I've always been amazed that the big cigarette companies don't jump on the legalization bandwagon.  Seems like a whole new untapped market.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 26, 2013, 09:13:59 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 26, 2013, 01:05:36 PM

Quote from: Harpua3 on September 26, 2013, 07:09:12 AM

Instead theres a multi billion dollar anti-pot lobby callled the DEA.  Dont think for an instant that they dont have a vesting interest in the continuation of Marijuana law enforcement.  The reasons why it should be legal have been out there and available to the govt for a very long time.  In the end the war vs marijuana is far more about money than anything else.  The scary truth is that of the 1.5 million prisoners incarcerated in federal prisons, almost 60% are there for drug related crimes.  Drug enforcement isnt a job, its an industry that is siphoning tax dollars in incredible amounts.  In truth the war on marijuana is a criminal act perpetrated against the taxpayers by the federal govt.  The rest is just a smokescreen to help them hold on to that money siphon.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 26, 2013, 10:52:23 PM »

Quote from: Lee on September 22, 2013, 01:05:51 AM

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 20, 2013, 09:17:37 AM

Anyone investing in any of these Marijuana 'penny' stocks? (MJNA, PHOT, HEMP, etc.) 

Are you investing in them? I am not that brave. Even if they were stronger than they appear to be now, one law change and they tank.

I bought 5,000 shares of GrowLife ("PHOT") a week ago. It's trading at about 5 cents a share. Really don't see it going any less than 4 cents, so even if it never takes off I'm out a few dollars but not a big enough of an investment where I lose everything.
On the other hand, if GrowLife takes off.. PS4 and Xb1 paid off!  A gamble where not much to lose but a lot to gain, IMO.

This is their website:

http://growlifeinc.com/

And they are opening http://cannabis.org/ October 1st.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: September 26, 2013, 11:04:06 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 26, 2013, 09:13:59 PM

Drug enforcement isnt a job, its an industry that is siphoning tax dollars in incredible amounts.  In truth the war on marijuana is a criminal act perpetrated against the taxpayers by the federal govt.  The rest is just a smokescreen to help them hold on to that money siphon.

Which sort of breaks down if marijuana starts generating tax dollars instead of siphoning them off. I guess the trick will be to cut Unc Sam in on the party, because as long as legalization is a state initiative the states get all of that new revenue.

Does anybody here live in CO or WA? I'm curious how recreational marijuana is priced and how much of the price is taxes.

Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2013, 12:06:20 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on September 26, 2013, 11:04:06 PM

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 26, 2013, 09:13:59 PM

Drug enforcement isnt a job, its an industry that is siphoning tax dollars in incredible amounts.  In truth the war on marijuana is a criminal act perpetrated against the taxpayers by the federal govt.  The rest is just a smokescreen to help them hold on to that money siphon.

Which sort of breaks down if marijuana starts generating tax dollars instead of siphoning them off. I guess the trick will be to cut Unc Sam in on the party, because as long as legalization is a state initiative the states get all of that new revenue.

Does anybody here live in CO or WA? I'm curious how recreational marijuana is priced and how much of the price is taxes.

I live in WA. Recreational mj isn't for sale yet, and probably won't be for nearly a year. Production is broken down into three tiers; production, processing, and retail. Each tier will need permits, and the product will be taxed at each level. If they aren't careful, black market mj will continue to be a thriving industry. The medical industry manages to keep the price at about $10 per gram (not including extracts and edibles).

They are putting a cap on production and are just about finished estimating demand. Their outcome assumes each dope smoker consumes about 123 joints per year.

Ale

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2013, 01:54:25 AM »

The medical industry can get away with charging however much they like because patients are accustomed to overpaying for medicines and most of them won't have experience with black market pot. Recreational smokers, though, are conditioned by street prices. So you'll want to hit a sweet spot that undercuts the black market while maximizing everybody's revenues and discouraging overconsumption. $10 per gram is pretty close to the street price, isn't it?

Will the state regulate prices or will the marketplace set them?

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2013, 02:32:39 AM »

In these parts, $10 a gram is a bit below street price.  You also should factor in that medicinal marijuana is generally of a much high quality than street.  Also, Dispensaries are a much better option than street when you add in the whole legality issue.  Right now theres no one with a card who needs to buy their pot off the street.  Unless of course they are no where near a dispensary. 

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2013, 07:13:14 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 27, 2013, 02:32:39 AM

In these parts, $10 a gram is a bit below street price.  You also should factor in that medicinal marijuana is generally of a much high quality than street.  Also, Dispensaries are a much better option than street when you add in the whole legality issue.  Right now theres no one with a card who needs to buy their pot off the street.  Unless of course they are no where near a dispensary. 

In Canada, I've actually been told the opposite as to the quality of Medicinal vs. Street pot.
Apparently the Med-Pot is just above terrible. Very low THC count.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: September 27, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on September 27, 2013, 07:13:14 PM

In Canada, I've actually been told the opposite as to the quality of Medicinal vs. Street pot.

This was true several years ago. I doubt it's the case today, though all the work that the street-folks do to find most effective strains of state-of-mind altering effects are far more successful than the lab stuff - the exploration is more driven, I think.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: September 27, 2013, 11:11:59 PM »

Quote from: Purge on September 27, 2013, 07:45:00 PM

This was true several years ago. I doubt it's the case today, though all the work that the street-folks do to find most effective strains of state-of-mind altering effects are far more successful than the lab stuff - the exploration is more driven, I think.

Medicinal marijuana is valued for cannibinoids. THC is considered a byproduct. My sister just got a medical marijuana card (in MI) for chronic pain. She has never gotten high in her life and is afraid of it. She wants a non-smoked form with as little THC as possible. Personally, I think THC would contribute to pain control, too, but I'm a little biased.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2013, 03:03:12 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on September 27, 2013, 11:11:59 PM

Medicinal marijuana is valued for cannibinoids. THC is considered a byproduct. My sister just got a medical marijuana card (in MI) for chronic pain. She has never gotten high in her life and is afraid of it. She wants a non-smoked form with as little THC as possible. Personally, I think THC would contribute to pain control, too, but I'm a little biased.

If your sister lives in the Detroit metro area I can recommend a few good dispensaries in the area.  They are knowledgeable and test all of their product listing both cannibinoid and THC content.   They also have a a large variety of edible and drinkable meds.  If she tells them what she is looking for and the effect she wants, they will steer her to the right medicine. 

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2013, 05:28:42 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 30, 2013, 03:03:12 PM

Quote from: Ironrod on September 27, 2013, 11:11:59 PM

If your sister lives in the Detroit metro area I can recommend a few good dispensaries in the area.  They are knowledgeable and test all of their product listing both cannibinoid and THC content.   They also have a a large variety of edible and drinkable meds.  If she tells them what she is looking for and the effect she wants, they will steer her to the right medicine. 

She lives in Grand Rapids, where she is surrounded by lots of other people who oppose anything that might be pleasurable. I'm sure she'll be able to find non-fun marijuana there.

TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2013, 08:44:27 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 20, 2013, 06:57:24 PM

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2013, 10:03:44 PM »

so gravity killed him.  fuckin' gravity smile

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 01, 2013, 02:12:46 AM »

Newton's laws of motion killed him.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 01, 2013, 02:30:49 AM »

but if there was no gravity he wouldn't have been crushed, as all the weed would have been floating around.  hell, he might have just floated over the tree.  BAN GRAVITY!!!

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: October 01, 2013, 03:33:23 AM »

Police caused him to flee. It was their fault.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 01, 2013, 04:04:49 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 01, 2013, 02:30:49 AM

but if there was no gravity he wouldn't have been crushed, as all the weed would have been floating around.  hell, he might have just floated over the tree.  BAN GRAVITY!!!

A lack of gravity doesn't do squat to the properties of mass.  If he were in a hover car with a zero-gee pallet of grass, hitting a tree would still send said pallet through the back of his everything. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 01, 2013, 04:26:51 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 01, 2013, 04:04:49 AM

A lack of gravity doesn't do squat to the properties of mass.  If he were in a hover car with a zero-gee pallet of grass, hitting a tree would still send said pallet through the back of his everything. 

I was being facetious Tongue

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: October 01, 2013, 02:41:52 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 01, 2013, 04:26:51 AM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 01, 2013, 04:04:49 AM

I was being incorrect Tongue

Yes. Newton's first law is more appropriate, if you were going to blame anything.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 01, 2013, 02:44:38 PM »

ah, Newton:

I hear he was killed by a falling bong.

Because I can,
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 02, 2013, 10:07:43 AM »

No smokers around here paranoid... How this conversation took this direction I don't know. retard

BTW, our government shut down. Need I say more. Logic is been not only thrown out the window a long time ago, but maybe even shit on the window as well.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: