http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 08:48:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marijuana. Just watched a documentary.  (Read 7972 times)
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2013, 09:11:47 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 29, 2013, 09:06:03 PM

Quote from: Exodor on August 29, 2013, 07:25:32 PM

Justice Department will not block Colorado and Washington's legal pot laws.

Good, but they still need to change the laws at the federal level rather then ignore them.    There is nothing stopping the next president from going back to enforcing the laws as they are.

Unfortuanately, there is also nothing forcing him to enforce any that he doesn't care for.
Moliere
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2013, 10:04:45 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 29, 2013, 09:06:03 PM

Quote from: Exodor on August 29, 2013, 07:25:32 PM

Justice Department will not block Colorado and Washington's legal pot laws.

Good, but they still need to change the laws at the federal level rather then ignore them.    There is nothing stopping the next president from going back to enforcing the laws as they are.

And release all the non-violent drug offenders currently in jail or pending trial.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2013, 10:46:37 PM »

US Court Records Show Nearly 500 Years in Prison Time for Medical Marijuana Offenses

153 medical marijuana cases have been brought in the 4 years of the Obama administration, nearly as many as under the 8 years of the Bush administration (163).

If the federal government has changed its view on medical marijuana when are these people going to be released? And who would have thought Obama would be worse than Bush on going after medical marijuana dispensaries and users?  mad

brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2013, 11:12:19 PM »

Sadly in too many areas that can be said of Obama (being as bad or worse then Bush).     I doubt you will see people released, which is quite sad and wrong.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2013, 06:10:04 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 29, 2013, 11:12:19 PM

Sadly in too many areas that can be said of Obama (being as bad or worse then Bush).     I doubt you will see people released, which is quite sad and wrong.

The government makes to much money on prisons. Look at the numbers, wanna talk about sad. They utilize this as profit maker, not the right way about doing it. At all. On a side note, the DUI checkpoints around here are insane. I understand drinking and driving is bad, I really do. That being said, the checkpoints are a source of revenue now a days. That's should not be the priority. Nor the motive.

Btw, did Brett smoke a bowl and come to his senses?slywink All joking aside, I like that this is a place where we can converse, mostly civilized, and see it through! Thx gamingtrend. Been with you for more than a decade and this is defiantly one of the most "civilized" forums I've seen. It's a plus. The only place I post. Read others, post here.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 06:18:40 AM by Harpua3 » Logged
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2013, 06:21:50 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on August 30, 2013, 06:10:04 AM

The government makes to much money on prisons.

[citation needed]

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2013, 06:52:54 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on August 30, 2013, 06:10:04 AM

Quote from: brettmcd on August 29, 2013, 11:12:19 PM

Sadly in too many areas that can be said of Obama (being as bad or worse then Bush).     I doubt you will see people released, which is quite sad and wrong.

The government makes to much money on prisons. Look at the numbers, wanna talk about sad. They utilize this as profit maker, not the right way about doing it. At all. On a side note, the DUI checkpoints around here are insane. I understand drinking and driving is bad, I really do. That being said, the checkpoints are a source of revenue now a days. That's should not be the priority. Nor the motive.

Btw, did Brett smoke a bowl and come to his senses?slywink All joking aside, I like that this is a place where we can converse, mostly civilized, and see it through! Thx gamingtrend. Been with you for more than a decade and this is defiantly one of the most "civilized" forums I've seen. It's a plus. The only place I post. Read others, post here.

Unless you are claiming DWI checkpoints are throwing people in jail who are not driving drunk then I don't see why you think they are just there to make money.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2013, 07:43:07 AM »

To the first comment. I know "too many", not "to"! Tongue

To the second comment...I'm not saying any of the above is bad, at all. The motive isn't safety, it's profit. That's bad. If I can't have two beers out at a bar and drive home that's mine own fault. Not alcohol. I can still buy a gun though icon_confused.

Too much grey, or gray areas. One thing equally as harmful, if not more, legal. The other , not.

Color me confused.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 07:51:21 AM by Harpua3 » Logged
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2013, 11:59:03 AM »

I can't remember where I read it, but just because a law changes does not mean that those who broke what was previously the law are released.

It was the law at the time, they broke it. They do the time.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2013, 02:42:45 PM »

Quote from: ATB on August 30, 2013, 11:59:03 AM

I can't remember where I read it, but just because a law changes does not mean that those who broke what was previously the law are released.

Even when it's legal by State law, but the feds bust you anyway?

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2013, 02:48:50 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on August 30, 2013, 02:42:45 PM

Even when it's legal by State law, but the feds bust you anyway?

Not sure that that changes anything....?
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2013, 02:59:44 PM »

I'm pretty sure you are correct. I've looked into it and instant amnesty is not granted.

Ale
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2013, 04:52:41 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on August 30, 2013, 07:43:07 AM

To the first comment. I know "too many", not "to"! Tongue

I still want evidence of the meat of the assertion, rather than a grammar correction.

brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2013, 05:15:58 PM »

You will be waiting a long long long time.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2013, 05:56:02 AM »

Hey man, I work. Srry if it takes me some time to reply. icon_wink As for the "meat", which by the way, phenomenal way of putting that...My town makes a shit ton of money from these checkpoints. They want to lower the legal limit... If I can't have two beers and legally drive, then fucking just outlaw it entirely. Its the same mindset as "smoking tobacco is horrible for you, but instead of dealing with problem, we will just tax the fuck out of you"...Drinking and driving is bad, but instead of making it 100% illegal, we will just make a gray area where your not sure whats legal or not and tax you bc of it, like a checkpoint scenario...and yes brett i am stating that some people get a dui that are NOT drunk or buzzed. in one state im drunk after two beers, but in another im not. really!!! I'm not sure if that answers the question, and not sure what the question was really.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 06:02:33 AM by Harpua3 » Logged
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2013, 06:03:48 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on September 01, 2013, 05:56:02 AM

I'm not sure if that answers the question, and not sure what the question was really.

The question was how the government makes money on prisons.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2013, 06:22:24 AM »

in one state im drunk after two beers, but in another im not. really!!!

Bullshit.  DUI limit is .08 in all 50 states thanks to federal extortion.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2013, 06:51:09 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on September 01, 2013, 06:03:48 AM

I'm not sure if that answers the question, and not sure what the question was really.

The question was how the government makes money on prisons.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-prison-industry-in-the-united-states-big-business-or-a-new-form-of-slavery/8289

The motive shouldn't be money when it comes to people being in jail.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2013, 06:55:39 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 01, 2013, 06:22:24 AM

in one state im drunk after two beers, but in another im not. really!!!

Bullshit.  DUI limit is .08 in all 50 states thanks to federal extortion.

I guess I was wrong in the details, I thought it did vary from state to state...but calling it bullshit might be harsh. Maybe, incorrect! Might have been the way to go. Anywho, this should paint the picture....http://dui.drivinglaws.org/calc.php

I shouldn't have to do a stupid inaccurate test to figure out if I'm breaking the law or not...
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2013, 07:45:28 PM »

I'd want a more well-known source than the Left Business Observer to verify that "the federal prison industry produces 100% of all military helmets, ammunition belts, bullet-proof vests, ID tags, shirts, pants, tents, bags, and canteens. "

Also, the Federal Prison Industries "is not economically self-sustaining and is scheduled to receive over $2.7 Million in government funding for FY14"

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2013, 06:21:54 PM »

Here Are All The People Who Have Died From A Marijuana Overdose

Yeah, not a single person has ever died from a weed overdose. We don't have numbers on pandas, but we're guessing it's about the same. According to one frequently cited study, a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times the amount of THC in a joint in order to be at risk of dying.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on August 25, 2013, 02:55:16 PM

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 25, 2013, 04:33:44 AM

No, no one has said sex should be illegal.

Sex while driving, however, probably is illegal.

Hey, as long as you buckle up, you can do what you want (size may be a restriction ... for some slywink.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2013, 07:54:18 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 26, 2013, 02:52:56 AM

So everyone should just drive stoned I guess, as its so much safer then any other way of driving I guess.    Thanks for the info everyone.

No, people should get stoned instead of drunk - that way they WON'T drive. The ones who do will be VERY, VERY cautious.

Sidenote: dunk + stoned drivers are easy to spot.

They're driving slowly and carefully, shoulder checking and signaling properly ... on the sidewalk. biggrin biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2013, 04:49:45 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on September 04, 2013, 06:21:54 PM

Yeah, not a single person has ever died from a weed overdose. We don't have numbers on pandas, but we're guessing it's about the same. According to one frequently cited study, a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times the amount of THC in a joint in order to be at risk of dying.

Then sleep for 6 weeks. eek
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 05, 2013, 12:23:58 PM »

and from the Center for Disease Control:
The Centers for Disease Control's National Center for Health Statistics reports that there were 41,682 deaths attributed to alcohol in 2010, the last year with the most exact statistics. That breaks down to 15,990 deaths attributed to alcoholic liver disease and 25,692 other alcohol-induced deaths, excluding accidents and homicides. The center doesn't have any reports with marijuana listed as a cause of death.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2013, 12:38:45 PM »

Are you jerks saying that nobody has died of marijuana or substances that rhyme with marijuana in all of the galaxies of the universe across all of time and space past and future?!?! icon_eek
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2013, 02:30:22 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 05, 2013, 12:23:58 PM

The Centers for Disease Control's National Center for Health Statistics reports that there were 41,682 deaths attributed to alcohol in 2010, the last year with the most exact statistics. That breaks down to 15,990 deaths attributed to alcoholic liver disease and 25,692 other alcohol-induced deaths, excluding accidents and homicides. The center doesn't have any reports with marijuana listed as a cause of death.

Heh what a joke, accidents caused by alcohol get added to the list of deaths from alcohol, but the same criteria is not used for pot.   Unless you want to believe there was not a single accident caused by someone being high.   And if you do I have some wonderful ocean front property in Montana you will love.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:32:18 AM by brettmcd » Logged
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2013, 02:49:47 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd on September 07, 2013, 02:30:22 AM

Heh what a joke, accidents caused by alcohol get added to the list of deaths from alcohol, but the same criteria is not used for pot.   Unless you want to believe there was not a single accident caused by someone being high.   And if you do I have some wonderful ocean front property in Montana you will love.

Here, since you quite obviously failed at reading comprehension, Ill clear it up for you.  The phrase "excluding accidents and homicides" means that accidents and homicides were excluded from the list.  When something is excluded it means by definition, that it is NOT ADDED.  Considering your confusion with simple reading, Im inclined to believe that you really do think you have ocean front property in Montana.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2013, 07:03:41 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 07, 2013, 02:49:47 AM

Quote from: brettmcd on September 07, 2013, 02:30:22 AM

Here, since you quite obviously failed at reading comprehension, Ill clear it up for you.  The phrase "excluding accidents and homicides" means that accidents and homicides were excluded from the list.  When something is excluded it means by definition, that it is NOT ADDED.  Considering your confusion with simple reading, Im inclined to believe that you really do think you have ocean front property in Montana.

I was confused to say the least as where he got that... Thanks for, um, saying it nicely. I wouldn't have.  thumbsup
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2013, 03:04:28 AM »

I love Vermont.

The Senate Judiciary Committee will open landmark hearings Tuesday in the nation's capital that could ultimately lead to the legalization of marijuana or at least resolve the deep divide between a federal government that has sent mixed messages on prosecuting users and the growing number of Americans who want the drug to be legal for medicinal or recreational use.

Requested by its committee chairman, Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vermont, the timing was triggered by the announcement last month by U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder that federal authorities no longer will interfere as states increasingly adopt laws to either allow medical marijuana or legalize the drug entirely.

In calling for the hearing, Leahy himself questioned whether, at a time of severe budget cutting, federal prosecutions of marijuana users are the best use of taxpayer dollars.

"Leahy favors legalization," said Dan Riffle, director of federal policies for the nonprofit lobby group Marijuana Policy Project in Washington, D.C.

Riffle said he hopes for a breakthrough in the hearing that would lead to changes in federal banking laws, allowing marijuana sellers to accept credit cards and checks, not just cash.

That would do a lot to legitimize the nation's fledgling marijuana industry, safeguarding transactions from the risk of robberies and smoothing the route away from the black market and Mexico's cartels, Riffle said.

"But the biggest question, the elephant in the room, is that we have an administration that's essentially working around federal law" to allow states to legalize marijuana.

"What we should do is just change federal law just legalize marijuana," he said.

It's time for all good dopers to smoke a doob and write to...um...write...what was I saying?

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2013, 09:44:24 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on September 10, 2013, 03:04:28 AM

I love Vermont.

The Senate Judiciary Committee will open landmark hearings Tuesday in the nation's capital that could ultimately lead to the legalization of marijuana or at least resolve the deep divide between a federal government that has sent mixed messages on prosecuting users and the growing number of Americans who want the drug to be legal for medicinal or recreational use.

Requested by its committee chairman, Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vermont, the timing was triggered by the announcement last month by U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder that federal authorities no longer will interfere as states increasingly adopt laws to either allow medical marijuana or legalize the drug entirely.

In calling for the hearing, Leahy himself questioned whether, at a time of severe budget cutting, federal prosecutions of marijuana users are the best use of taxpayer dollars.

"Leahy favors legalization," said Dan Riffle, director of federal policies for the nonprofit lobby group Marijuana Policy Project in Washington, D.C.

Riffle said he hopes for a breakthrough in the hearing that would lead to changes in federal banking laws, allowing marijuana sellers to accept credit cards and checks, not just cash.

That would do a lot to legitimize the nation's fledgling marijuana industry, safeguarding transactions from the risk of robberies and smoothing the route away from the black market and Mexico's cartels, Riffle said.

"But the biggest question, the elephant in the room, is that we have an administration that's essentially working around federal law" to allow states to legalize marijuana.

"What we should do is just change federal law just legalize marijuana," he said.

It's time for all good dopers to smoke a doob and write to...um...write...what was I saying?

That's how the world should work.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2013, 12:46:51 AM »

I'm 59. I have Hep. C with chirosis of the Liver. I'm a Hemophiliac with common bleeds into my knee. I have two herniated disc's and spinal stenosis. I was diagnosed with PTSD\Major Depresive disorder, mainly caused by Military incidents, but also a major side effect to the sick liver struggling to clear my system of very harmful toxins.

I'm on a Military Pension, and a Federal Government disability Pension. I've been here for 19 years.

I'm on a very large amount of Hydromorphone (stronger than Percocet, oxycontin, etc) I hate the pain pills. I hate, hate, hate the pain pills.
I'm addicted to them now. Not because of the need of a high, but if I even miss one dose, I go into withdrawls. I tried to come off before, and almost had to be hospitilized.
Its a hell I wouldn't wish on anyone.

The wife and I were talking yesterday about talking to the Dr. about medicinal pot. He had me on Sativex ages ago, but it was so weak as to not work at all.(spray thc, that really doesn't work)

Along with all my sicknesses, the pain killers are a major concern and worry. If I don't take them, I don't sleep, I don't move, I don't function.
So hearing that someone here has been helped by Dr. Pot gives me hope, big hope.

I made the appointment to see the Doc, and praying that it works out.

My faith is my comfort. I know God heals. I know there is Miracles. I don't know when, but I believe the crap I have isn't to death. Contrary to the Doctor's opinions.

I just want off the pain pills, and have something much less invasive and chemical oriented to help me through the day.

I guess they would cut me back slowly from the Hydromorphone and slowly increase the Pot at the same time.

Regardless, I have to give this a shot.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2013, 12:57:59 AM »

Best of luck to you, Arclight.  My ex had chronic back pain due to spinal injuries.  It's something that I wouldn't wish on anyone. 

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 20, 2013, 03:30:45 AM »

Quote from: Arclight on September 20, 2013, 12:46:51 AM

I'm 59. I have Hep. C with chirosis of the Liver. I'm a Hemophiliac with common bleeds into my knee. I have two herniated disc's and spinal stenosis. I was diagnosed with PTSD\Major Depresive disorder, mainly caused by Military incidents, but also a major side effect to the sick liver struggling to clear my system of very harmful toxins.

I'm on a Military Pension, and a Federal Government disability Pension. I've been here for 19 years.

I'm on a very large amount of Hydromorphone (stronger than Percocet, oxycontin, etc) I hate the pain pills. I hate, hate, hate the pain pills.
I'm addicted to them now. Not because of the need of a high, but if I even miss one dose, I go into withdrawls. I tried to come off before, and almost had to be hospitilized.
Its a hell I wouldn't wish on anyone.

The wife and I were talking yesterday about talking to the Dr. about medicinal pot. He had me on Sativex ages ago, but it was so weak as to not work at all.(spray thc, that really doesn't work)

Along with all my sicknesses, the pain killers are a major concern and worry. If I don't take them, I don't sleep, I don't move, I don't function.
So hearing that someone here has been helped by Dr. Pot gives me hope, big hope.

I made the appointment to see the Doc, and praying that it works out.

My faith is my comfort. I know God heals. I know there is Miracles. I don't know when, but I believe the crap I have isn't to death. Contrary to the Doctor's opinions.

I just want off the pain pills, and have something much less invasive and chemical oriented to help me through the day.

I guess they would cut me back slowly from the Hydromorphone and slowly increase the Pot at the same time.

Regardless, I have to give this a shot.

Best of luck to you Arc.  If you do go that route and dont want the detrimental effects that come from combustion, ie: smoking the herb, look into herbal vaporizers.   They are a far better method to medicate.

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: September 20, 2013, 03:38:29 AM »

I hope the Weed with Roots In Hell brings you some relief. Let us know.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2013, 09:17:37 AM »

Anyone investing in any of these Marijuana 'penny' stocks? (MJNA, PHOT, HEMP, etc.) 

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 20, 2013, 11:22:54 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 20, 2013, 09:17:37 AM

Anyone investing in any of these Marijuana 'penny' stocks? (MJNA, PHOT, HEMP, etc.) 

nope.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 20, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on September 20, 2013, 03:38:29 AM

I hope the Weed with Roots In Hell brings you some relief. Let us know.
How can anything, that if used correctly, brings relief to chronic pain, have its roots in hell?
That's why the stigma attached to pot needs to be removed..by legalizing it.

I suppose grapes have their roots in hell too, after all the fruit of that vine causes more deaths in a month, than pot does in decades.(Ive never heard of a pot smoker killing people on the highway, or coming home and beating his wife and kids)
Maybe excessive Led Zeppelin listening, but that just gives you a slight ringing in the ears if played too loud.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2013, 06:30:30 PM »

Arclight, I assume you live in a state with marijuana dispensaries. If so, when you get a recommendation from your doctor (or any doctor), go to the dispensary and lay out everything you've got going on and what results you'd like to see. If it's a good dispensary, they should be able to recommend a product best suited to your condition and desires. I haven't really heard of doctors being involved beyond the recommendation, as far as dosage, etc., goes.

Tinctures and edibles are also a good alternative to smoking.

Ale
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: September 20, 2013, 06:47:24 PM »

If the dispensary recommends meth, you might wanna find a different one - it might not be legit. Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: