http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 06:45:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marijuana. Just watched a documentary.  (Read 8396 times)
Ironrod
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2013, 02:43:44 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 26, 2013, 07:53:05 PM

There are no deaths caused by the chemical compound THC.  

Insert the word "directly" and this argument is over.

I havent seen one person suggest that driving under the influence of marijuana is ok.  

Hmm. Maybe the organization that I founded -- Drunks Against Meddling Mothers -- will make this our next cause after we get the blood alcohol limit doubled to 1.6.  icon_wink

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Blackhawk
Gaming Trend Reader

?

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2013, 03:03:28 AM »

Brett, you're not listening to what people are saying.

Pot cannot, by itself, kill you.  Alcohol can.

Either can be a contributing factor in other types of death.

As to cancer - the studies contradict one another.  It might cause cancer.  It might not.  It might protect against cancer.  There are studies that show all three results.  It is hard to do thorough, controlled studies on the long-term effects of illegal substances.
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2013, 03:05:16 AM »

I am listening to other people, I am only calling the claim that pot has never harmed a single person in human history bullshit.   Once again, yes its safer then alcohol or tobacco, but stop with the claims that it has not harmed anyone ever.
Blackhawk
Gaming Trend Reader

?

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2013, 04:01:19 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 27, 2013, 03:05:16 AM

I am listening to other people, I am only calling the claim that pot has never harmed a single person in human history bullshit.   Once again, yes its safer then alcohol or tobacco, but stop with the claims that it has not harmed anyone ever.

Of course not.  I don't think anyone can make absolute claims for 'all of human history' in the literal sense.  How about 'documented medical history?'
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2013, 04:04:57 AM »

Nope, as I don't accept that something that causes something to happen is also at the same not at all to blame.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2013, 04:10:31 AM »

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:40:51 PM by th'FOOL » Logged

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2013, 04:34:47 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 27, 2013, 01:59:14 AM

the problem here is failure to communicate.

When there is an auto accident caused because someone was talking on a cell phone, do you claim cell phones cause death?  Because they dont, the persons choice to drive while talking on a phone does.  Its the same while driving impaired, regardless of the source of impairment.  Its not the drug that causes the fatality, its the choice to drive under its influence.  When someone drives drunk and then crashes their car and dies, they didnt die from alcohol poisoning they died from trauma directly related to the accident.  The alcohol likely helped cause the accident but it is not the cause of death.

I am not directing this at brettmc, this is for clarification for others involved in this discussion.  I dont believe brettmc is capable of understanding the logic here, so brettmc, feel free to ignore it, as its clearly beyond your capacity to understand. 
well stated.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2013, 11:54:13 AM »

Roll Eyes
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2013, 12:23:12 PM »

Christ, you're obtuse.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2013, 12:24:45 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 27, 2013, 12:23:12 PM

Christ, you're obtuse.

I don't think you know what that word means as you clearly are not using it correctly here.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2013, 12:39:26 PM »

This thread has become another throwback to early internet arguing.

This thread has just become pointless pissing contest of nonsense.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:41:25 PM by ATB » Logged
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2013, 12:48:37 PM »

Quote from: ATB on August 27, 2013, 12:39:26 PM

To be fair though (and I'm not trying to start an argument or attack you), dropping in to add rolly eye emotes kind of hurts any attempt to decry the situation.   icon_wink

Let's hug it out, bitches!

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2013, 01:31:46 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 27, 2013, 12:48:37 PM

Quote from: ATB on August 27, 2013, 12:39:26 PM

To be fair though (and I'm not trying to start an argument or attack you), dropping in to add rolly eye emotes kind of hurts any attempt to decry the situation.   icon_wink

You're right.

Maybe it's my time of the month and I know I've been on the wrong end of some feuds, but I just don't like that nearly all discourse ends up in name calling and whatnot.

Let's hug it out, bitches!

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2013, 01:39:36 PM »

I wouldn't put much stock in the vitriol.  Folks blow off a little steam from time to time on the ol' 'net.  I bet dollars to donuts that if (and often when) folks actually meet in real life, they're quite nice to each other.  I know that's the end result for me at the regular OO gaming events that some of us in the Chicago area throw twice a year. 

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2013, 02:24:05 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 27, 2013, 12:24:45 PM

Christ, you're obtuse.

I don't think you know what that word means as you clearly are not using it correctly here.

ob·tuse  (b-ts, -tys, b-)
adj. ob·tus·er, ob·tus·est
a. Lacking quickness of perception or intellect.
b. Characterized by a lack of intelligence or sensitivity: an obtuse remark. [/obtuse]

I think he does understand the word and has applied it quite correctly.  Youre just being obtuse again.   icon_wink

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2013, 02:24:57 PM »

And you are being an insulting piece of trash troll again.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2013, 02:26:14 PM »

I am listening to other people, I am only calling the claim that pot has never harmed a single person in human history bullshit.   Once again, yes its safer then alcohol or tobacco, but stop with the claims that it has not harmed anyone ever.

Christ, you're obtuse.

ob·tuse, adjective
            1.       annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.

No, I'm confident I got it 100% correct.

brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 27, 2013, 02:26:14 PM

I am listening to other people, I am only calling the claim that pot has never harmed a single person in human history bullshit.   Once again, yes its safer then alcohol or tobacco, but stop with the claims that it has not harmed anyone ever.

Christ, you're obtuse.

ob·tuse, adjective

Of course you are, most trolls like you are very confident in their trolling behaviors.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2013, 03:22:25 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 27, 2013, 03:09:00 PM

Quote from: Gratch on August 27, 2013, 02:26:14 PM

Christ, you're obtuse.

ob·tuse, adjective

Of course you are, most trolls like you are very confident in their trolling behaviors.

I just got labeled a troll by Brett?

We are truly through the looking glass here people.

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2013, 03:39:56 PM »

I am listening to other people, I am only calling the claim that pot has never harmed a single person in human history bullshit.
Did someone actually claim this? I haven't read the whole thread and I'm too lazy to go back and check so it is possible but it is Brett so if I were a betting man I would put my money on no one having said that.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2013, 04:29:45 PM »

I will agree that pot has killed more burritos than anything else in the history of humanity...

Blackhawk
Gaming Trend Reader

?

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2013, 04:52:27 PM »

Gotta go... flashbacks...
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »

...and another burrito loses its life to the senselessness of recreational drugs.   crybaby

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2013, 05:13:10 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 27, 2013, 02:24:57 PM

How am I an insulting piece of trash troll by providing a definition? All I have done time and time again is provide factual and personal information.  I have not called you any names, like trash or idiot, something you have resorted to repeatedly. I did state you were being obtuse about the usage of the word obtuse but that was not an insult.  By the very definition of obtuse, you were in fact being obtuse.
  Perhaps its because you dont like letting facts get in the way of your perception of reality?  You sir, are the poster child for someone who needs to use recreational drugs.  I dont know how you can stand to live in your bitter, angry, uninformed existence, with out some form of escape. 

brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2013, 05:19:20 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 27, 2013, 05:13:10 PM

How am I an insulting piece of trash troll by providing a definition? All I have done time and time again is provide factual and personal information.  I have not called you any names, like trash or idiot, something you have resorted to repeatedly. I did state you were being obtuse about the usage of the word obtuse but that was not an insult.  By the very definition of obtuse, you were in fact being obtuse.
  Perhaps its because you dont like letting facts get in the way of your perception of reality?  You sir, are the poster child for someone who needs to use recreational drugs.  I dont know how you can stand to live in your bitter, angry, uninformed existence, with out some form of escape. 

And there you go being an insulting troll again, in a post where you claim you aren't doing any such thing.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2013, 05:52:26 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 27, 2013, 05:19:20 PM

And there you go being an insulting troll again, in a post where you claim you aren't doing any such thing.

Oh I most certainly did not claim that my last comments were not insulting.  I claimed my previous comments were not.  But after you have repeatedly avoided answering any questions of substance with anything but insulting denigration, I figured the only thing you would possibly understand was a reply in kind.  I actually did it as a favor to you because clearly your life must be so bereft of anything meaningful, that insulting random people on the internet must be your only real form of entertainment, and with the 'Fool bowing out, I figured I would extend you the opportunity to have a bit more fun at my expense.   Youre welcome!

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2013, 06:09:24 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 27, 2013, 04:10:31 AM

Lol.

I'm laughing at pic and where this thread has gone! At least all but one here can have a conversation without it blowing up...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:11:23 PM by Harpua3 » Logged
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 27, 2013, 05:52:26 PM

Quote from: brettmcd on August 27, 2013, 05:19:20 PM

Oh I most certainly did not claim that my last comments were not insulting.  I claimed my previous comments were not.  But after you have repeatedly avoided answering any questions of substance with anything but insulting denigration, I figured the only thing you would possibly understand was a reply in kind.  I actually did it as a favor to you because clearly your life must be so bereft of anything meaningful, that insulting random people on the internet must be your only real form of entertainment, and with the 'Fool bowing out, I figured I would extend you the opportunity to have a bit more fun at my expense.   Youre welcome!

I posted multiple links supporting my position, you just hand waved them away for reasons that make no sense.
RuperT
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2013, 07:35:36 PM »

Your position seems to be that recreational drug users (be it alcohol, marijuana, or nicotine) are idiots, period.  What's to discuss there?

Live: MooseFoe
PSN: Rupyrt
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 27, 2013, 08:42:40 PM »

Quote from: RuperT on August 27, 2013, 07:35:36 PM

Your position seems to be that recreational drug users (be it alcohol, marijuana, or nicotine) are idiots, period.  What's to discuss there?

We have discussed far more then that, please try to keep up.
RuperT
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2013, 10:39:30 PM »

Well, yeah, shet and others have made efforts with real and sincere posts, but then you come skating in and just clear the puck.  I mean, you managed to get it all the way back to whether marijuana has ever caused direct or indirect harm to anyone since the dawn of man, or maybe just recorded medical history.  That's icing, dude.

Live: MooseFoe
PSN: Rupyrt
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2013, 05:53:08 AM »

That's icing dude.  nod
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2013, 05:23:28 PM »

Even better: don't forget what brettmcd's stake in that argument is.  This line began when people asked him to explain his stance against drug use.

His entire point in this thread is to say if marijuana has been even tangentially at fault for any harm in human history, anyone who has ever enjoyed its use is an idiot.  icon_razz

-Autistic Angel
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2013, 06:05:37 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 28, 2013, 05:23:28 PM

Even better: don't forget what brettmcd's stake in that argument is.  This line began when people asked him to explain his stance against drug use.

His entire point in this thread is to say if marijuana has been even tangentially at fault for any harm in human history, anyone who has ever enjoyed its use is an idiot.  icon_razz

-Autistic Angel

And yet again you lie about what someone says.    Such a thing was never once stated.    But its what I expect from you with your long history of posting here.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2013, 09:17:48 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 28, 2013, 06:05:37 PM

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 28, 2013, 05:23:28 PM

-Autistic Angel

And yet again you lie about what someone says.    Such a thing was never once stated.    But its what I expect from you with your long history of posting here.

Oh, my bad.

Let's stipulate that someone, at some point in the last 5,000 years of human civilization, has been directly harmed by marijuana use.  What is your point?

-Autistic Angel
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2013, 09:32:51 PM »

That IS the point, as I had more then one person claim that no one had been harmed by it ever.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2013, 10:27:58 PM »

Can we get back to discussing why recreational pot is a bad idea and stop this ridiculous boondoggle?
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2013, 10:45:20 PM »

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2013, 07:25:32 PM »

Justice Department will not block Colorado and Washington's legal pot laws.
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2013, 09:06:03 PM »

Quote from: Exodor on August 29, 2013, 07:25:32 PM

Justice Department will not block Colorado and Washington's legal pot laws.

Good, but they still need to change the laws at the federal level rather then ignore them.    There is nothing stopping the next president from going back to enforcing the laws as they are.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: