http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 01:21:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marijuana. Just watched a documentary.  (Read 6770 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5000


Never whistle while you're pissing


View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2013, 04:25:13 AM »

No, we're saying (as well as several well documented scientific researchers) that driving stoned does not impair the driver the same way alcohol does, and unlike driving drunk, the driver is more likely to recognize their impairment and drive less recklessly or, even better, not drive at all. Some of us in this thread know this from personal experience, but rather than depend solely on anecdotal evidence, scientific evidence has been presented that back up this assertion. You, however, have nothing but an assertion and not even a shred of anecdotal evidence to back it up, all the while calling everybody idiots and ignoring every attempt to discuss the matter like adults.

Not a single person here has said everybody should just drive stoned. We're just saying it's an order of magnitude less of an issue than driving drunk.
Logged

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8951


I'm a dolphin!


View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2013, 04:26:07 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 26, 2013, 02:52:56 AM

So everyone should just drive stoned I guess, as its so much safer then any other way of driving I guess.    Thanks for the info everyone.

brettmcd, ladies and gentlemen!
Logged
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5000


Never whistle while you're pissing


View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2013, 04:29:55 AM »

Here, a link that is sure to make your head explode if you actually take the time to read it: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2011/12/02/driving-stoned-safer-than-driving-drunk/

Quote
“One hypothesis is that it’s just safer to drive under the influence of marijuana than it is drunk,” Rees says.  “Drunk drivers take more risk, they tend to go faster.  They don’t realize how impaired they are.  People who are under the influence of marijuana drive slower, they don’t take as many risks.”
The other theory, Rees says, is that people smoking marijuana simply don’t go out as much.
Logged

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Alefroth
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 674



View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2013, 05:22:16 AM »

Quote from: ATB on August 25, 2013, 11:46:19 PM

He then asked a legit question and Ale responded with silliness again.  Maybe I'm not aware of Brett's posting history, but dogging someone throughout a thread where he's done nothing wrong reeks of lynch mob mentality.  At least Fool engaged in dialogue and discussion. Then admittedly, Brett goes off the rails a bit.


You apparently understand punctuation about as well as brett, idiot.

Ale
Logged
brettmcd
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1355


View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2013, 06:57:03 AM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 26, 2013, 04:25:13 AM

No, we're saying (as well as several well documented scientific researchers) that driving stoned does not impair the driver the same way alcohol does, and unlike driving drunk, the driver is more likely to recognize their impairment and drive less recklessly or, even better, not drive at all. Some of us in this thread know this from personal experience, but rather than depend solely on anecdotal evidence, scientific evidence has been presented that back up this assertion. You, however, have nothing but an assertion and not even a shred of anecdotal evidence to back it up, all the while calling everybody idiots and ignoring every attempt to discuss the matter like adults.

Not a single person here has said everybody should just drive stoned. We're just saying it's an order of magnitude less of an issue than driving drunk.

Yes the response from Alefroth at the beginning of this whole discussion asking why I hate recreation when I was stating my opinion of using recreational drugs to get high was certainly an adult response Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.
Logged
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5000


Never whistle while you're pissing


View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2013, 12:29:13 PM »

So what you're saying is, not only have you willfully ignored everything everybody else has posted in this thread, you've ignored who is posting it as well.

I'm done with you.

Logged

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15309


Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013


View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2013, 01:16:03 PM »

Quote from: Alefroth on August 26, 2013, 05:22:16 AM

Quote from: ATB on August 25, 2013, 11:46:19 PM

He then asked a legit question and Ale responded with silliness again.  Maybe I'm not aware of Brett's posting history, but dogging someone throughout a thread where he's done nothing wrong reeks of lynch mob mentality.  At least Fool engaged in dialogue and discussion. Then admittedly, Brett goes off the rails a bit.


You apparently understand punctuation about as well as brett, idiot.

Ale

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Logged
TK-421
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2503



View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »

I'll just leave this here:

Drunk  Vs Stoned
Logged

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2013, 06:37:40 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 26, 2013, 12:29:13 PM

So what you're saying is, not only have you willfully ignored everything everybody else has posted in this thread, you've ignored who is posting it as well.

I'm done with you.



sorry, I just high fived the screen.

Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2574


View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2013, 06:43:15 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on August 26, 2013, 03:46:49 PM

I'll just leave this here:

Drunk  Vs Stoned


Lol nice!

To touch on a few things here since I started this mess icon_wink...

I agree with both sides on the fact that one should not be impaired while driving from anything. That being said, I believe the tests have proven that drunk driving is the worst of the two. Also, there has not ever been a single death from marajuana. Ever. In a country where they profit off of death like they do with cigarettes, it is absurd to have marajuana illegal. Yes, I said absurd. Also, comparing alcohol to thc doesn't make sense either. Alcohol is literally a poison, the other not so much...

That how I see it. This is coming from someone who used to enjoy pot, currently loves brewing/drinking good beers, and wants desperately to quit tobacco. Further more, quite paying taxes for tobacco.
Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2013, 06:45:42 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on August 26, 2013, 06:43:15 PM

Alcohol is literally a poison

 ban The drink that never ends.
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 9139


I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!


View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2013, 06:45:55 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 26, 2013, 06:37:40 PM

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 26, 2013, 12:29:13 PM

So what you're saying is, not only have you willfully ignored everything everybody else has posted in this thread, you've ignored who is posting it as well.

I'm done with you.



sorry, I just high fived the screen.

I put my head up against the image and started throwing punches that missed the screen like it was a three stooges skit...
Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2013, 06:48:03 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 26, 2013, 06:45:55 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 26, 2013, 06:37:40 PM

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 26, 2013, 12:29:13 PM

So what you're saying is, not only have you willfully ignored everything everybody else has posted in this thread, you've ignored who is posting it as well.

I'm done with you.



sorry, I just high fived the screen.

I put my head up against the image and started throwing punches that missed the screen like it was a three stooges skit...

did you go 'Woop-oop-oop-oop-oop-oop!' while doing that?
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5000


Never whistle while you're pissing


View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2013, 06:59:41 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 26, 2013, 06:45:55 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 26, 2013, 06:37:40 PM

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 26, 2013, 12:29:13 PM

So what you're saying is, not only have you willfully ignored everything everybody else has posted in this thread, you've ignored who is posting it as well.

I'm done with you.



sorry, I just high fived the screen.

I put my head up against the image and started throwing punches that missed the screen like it was a three stooges skit...

^The response I was looking for smile
Logged

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
brettmcd
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1355


View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2013, 07:05:13 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on August 26, 2013, 06:43:15 PM

Quote from: TK-421 on August 26, 2013, 03:46:49 PM

I'll just leave this here:

Drunk  Vs Stoned


Lol nice!

To touch on a few things here since I started this mess icon_wink...

I agree with both sides on the fact that one should not be impaired while driving from anything. That being said, I believe the tests have proven that drunk driving is the worst of the two. Also, there has not ever been a single death from marajuana. Ever. In a country where they profit off of death like they do with cigarettes, it is absurd to have marajuana illegal. Yes, I said absurd. Also, comparing alcohol to thc doesn't make sense either. Alcohol is literally a poison, the other not so much...

That how I see it. This is coming from someone who used to enjoy pot, currently loves brewing/drinking good beers, and wants desperately to quit tobacco. Further more, quite paying taxes for tobacco.

Not one single death ever from pot?   Bullshit.
Logged
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5000


Never whistle while you're pissing


View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2013, 07:10:39 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 26, 2013, 07:05:13 PM

Not one single death ever from pot?   Bullshit.

Again, you have nothing but an assumption. Here:

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#sthash.mDyd1OEM.dpbs

Quote
This is a remarkable statement. First, the record on marijuana encompasses 5,000 years of human experience. Second, marijuana is now used daily by enormous numbers of people throughout the world. Estimates suggest that from twenty million to fifty million Americans routinely, albeit illegally, smoke marijuana without the benefit of direct medical supervision. Yet, despite this long history of use and the extraordinarily high numbers of social smokers, there are simply no credible medical reports to suggest that consuming marijuana has caused a single death. - See more at: http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#sthash.mDyd1OEM.eE5xnOKU.dpuf

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:17:09 PM by th'FOOL » Logged

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 11251


hmm...


View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2013, 07:16:56 PM »

Caffeine is a poison.  Its reason for existing is to act as a pesticide in the plant.

Delicious delicious, nourishing pesticide...  mmm....
Logged
brettmcd
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1355


View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2013, 07:18:35 PM »

http://lungcancer.about.com/od/causesoflungcance1/f/marijuana.htm

Links in there about how pot contains many of the same cancer causing agents as tobacco, it leads to increased risks of other types of cancer and other such things.

And no single person who was stoned has ever driven and gotten into an accident that killed themselves or someone else?    That's quite a bold claim you are making.
Logged
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 9139


I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!


View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2013, 07:25:17 PM »

Whew!  Being SUPER SEXY isn't on that list.  That is such a damn relief!
Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2013, 07:29:13 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 26, 2013, 07:25:17 PM

Whew!  Being SUPER SEXY isn't on that list.  That is such a damn relief!

Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5000


Never whistle while you're pissing


View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2013, 07:31:41 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 26, 2013, 07:18:35 PM

http://lungcancer.about.com/od/causesoflungcance1/f/marijuana.htm

Links in there about how pot contains many of the same cancer causing agents as tobacco, it leads to increased risks of other types of cancer and other such things.

And no single person who was stoned has ever driven and gotten into an accident that killed themselves or someone else?    That's quite a bold claim you are making.

If you smoke it, yes, those carcinogens are, in fact, there, but two points:

  • Volume- tobacco smokers smoke exponentially more amounts of tobacco than pot smokers smoke pot. In fact, the tobacco companies chemically enhance their products to ensure this. Risk is drastically lessened due to this
  • There are other methods of ingesting pot that don't release carcinogens like smoking does- vaporization, edibles, etc. The cancerous properties come from combusting it.

As for the claim- back yours up, we have ours. Again, all you have is assumptions.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:33:23 PM by th'FOOL » Logged

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5000


Never whistle while you're pissing


View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2013, 07:37:27 PM »

Dammit. I resolved not to respond to any more of your foolishness. I failed.  mad
Logged

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
rshetts2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2420



View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2013, 07:53:05 PM »

He doesnt need to back up claims with facts when he has self-righteous indignation as a weapon!
 Hes welcome to throw out what ever bs arguments he wants but the fact remains.  There are no deaths caused by the chemical compound THC.  There are millions of recorded deaths caused by both nicotine and alcohol.
  It is very likely that there have been fatalities caused by driving under the influence of marijuana, though I am, personally,not aware of any.  Im aware of plenty of fatalities caused by driving under the influence of alcohol. As well as cell phone use and texting.   Anything that can distract you from paying full attention while driving has the risk of causing an accident.  Heres the difference.  While it is possible that driving while under the influence of marijuana may cause an accident, It is probable while driving drunk.  That doesnt mean people should drive under the influence of anything.  I havent seen one person suggest that driving under the influence of marijuana is ok.  They have pointed out correctly that it incurs less risk than driving under the influence of alcohol but no one has suggested that its ok to do so.
Logged

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8951


I'm a dolphin!


View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2013, 09:06:53 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 26, 2013, 07:53:05 PM

He doesnt need to back up claims with facts when he has self-righteous indignation as a weapon! 

THIS IS MY SCHTICK, DAMMIT.
Logged
brettmcd
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1355


View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2013, 09:23:20 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 26, 2013, 07:31:41 PM

Quote from: brettmcd on August 26, 2013, 07:18:35 PM

http://lungcancer.about.com/od/causesoflungcance1/f/marijuana.htm

Links in there about how pot contains many of the same cancer causing agents as tobacco, it leads to increased risks of other types of cancer and other such things.

And no single person who was stoned has ever driven and gotten into an accident that killed themselves or someone else?    That's quite a bold claim you are making.

If you smoke it, yes, those carcinogens are, in fact, there, but two points:

  • Volume- tobacco smokers smoke exponentially more amounts of tobacco than pot smokers smoke pot. In fact, the tobacco companies chemically enhance their products to ensure this. Risk is drastically lessened due to this
  • There are other methods of ingesting pot that don't release carcinogens like smoking does- vaporization, edibles, etc. The cancerous properties come from combusting it.

As for the claim- back yours up, we have ours. Again, all you have is assumptions.

How do the vast majority of people use pot?   They smoke it, so what happens when people do that is part of the discussion, you just can't hand wave it away by saying there are other ways to use pot.

Also nice job ignoring what I posted, about how use of pot increases your risk for other cancers as well.   But what this comes down to is that you are making a claim that is impossible, that not a single person has ever died in human history because of using pot.    If you want to say its less dangerous or harmful then tobacco or alcohol I will completely agree with you.    But that's not the claim you made, you claimed zero ever, which is once again bullshit as anyone could easily find police reports of people who were arrested for driving under the influence of pot and were involved in an accident that killed a person.
Logged
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5000


Never whistle while you're pissing


View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2013, 09:31:02 PM »

I posted something but then decided to remove it. Attempting one more time to exercise restraint and not responding to blatant and ignorant trolling.
Logged

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
brettmcd
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1355


View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2013, 09:38:58 PM »

I will try one more time, yes or no, do you really claim that for example not a single person ever has been stoned and killed someone while driving?

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/story/health/story/2012-02-09/Marijuana-users-twice-as-likely-to-cause-car-crash/53031202/1
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20051201/marijuana-raises-risk-of-fatal-car-crash
Logged
Autistic Angel
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3603


View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2013, 10:12:56 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 26, 2013, 07:18:35 PM

And no single person who was stoned has ever driven and gotten into an accident that killed themselves or someone else?    That's quite a bold claim you are making.


So every vehicular accident is the result of some mind-altering substance?  Nice to know people aren't ever responsible for their actions icon_rolleyes


Quote from: brettmcd on August 26, 2013, 02:52:56 AM

So everyone should just drive stoned I guess, as its so much safer then any other way of driving I guess.    Thanks for the info everyone.


Yes, forever banning the internal combustion engine is a much better plan, since humans obviously can't be trusted to operate heavy machinery without constantly blazing up.  icon_rolleyes icon_rolleyes


Quote from: brettmcd on August 24, 2013, 09:20:02 PM

There was a question in all this idiocy you just posted about how driving while stoned could never be a problem for anyone?


I guess questioning anything is a waste of time, since life as we know it is so obviously the figment of a butterfly's imagination.  Too bad you weren't around to clear things up for René Descartes. icon_rolleyes icon_rolleyes icon_rolleyes

-Autistic Angel
Logged
brettmcd
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1355


View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2013, 10:33:50 PM »

So in the wonderful amazing world of AA logic, alcohol has never once caused a fatality due to an automobile accident.    Interesting concept.
Logged
rshetts2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2420



View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2013, 10:55:25 PM »

Do you read or comprehend anything anyone else has said, Brettmc?  Once again no one has claimed that there hasnt been a single death caused by driving under the influence of pot.  Everyone has agreed that doing so is not a good idea and yet you keep harping on it as if youre making some major revelation.  So lets get one thing clear:  WE ALL AGREE THAT DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.
  It has been medically proven that the active ingredients in marijuana, mainly THC and cannibidnoids have caused no deaths by and of themselves.  That can not be said about either alcohol or nicotine.  If you smoke pretty much anything, you will take in carcinogens, which have been proven to be a leading cause of cancer.  This can happen from smoking cigars, cigarettes, herbal compounds, marijuana and even breathing in campfire smoke or smoke from burning leaves.  I myself am a legally carded patient with approval to use marijuana medicinally.  I do not smoke it.  In fact most of the people I know who use it legally, do not smoke it.  These days using an herbal vaporizer is the preferred method.  This completely eliminates the tars and carcinogens and has been found to be safe from any of the negative effects from using marijuana through combustion.
  Before I could use marijuana legally, I was on a regimen of Vicoden and antispasmodics, to handle my symptoms.  After a few years of that started having serious detrimental effects on my body, my doctor recommended and approved medicinal marijuana.  It has been a god send.  I was leery because I also have asthma and smoking would not have worked for me, but vaporization has done wonders for my health in controlling my symptoms.
 I do enjoy the "high" from marijuana.  If you go by the government propaganda, you have absolutely no clue what it is like.  While I dont know a single person that has had a hallucinogenic experience with pot, unless it was laced with something, it can apparently affect some people that way.  For most it creates a calming, mellow, relaxing buzz and often has an "expanded consciousness" effect.  This is why it is so popular among musicians and artists.  It expands the mind.  Unfortunately it also expands the appetite, which can expand the waistline but thats a whole 'nother issue.  I have never seen or known anyone who has died through the use of marijuana, whether directly or though an auto accident.  I cannot say that about either booze or alcohol.  In fact the only thing Ive seen pot kill is a family sized bag of chips.

Now I have regaled you with both factual and personal views regarding the use of marijuana.  Youre welcome to consider me an "idiot" for my position because while I may attempt to educate fools  who make incorrect blanket statements and generalizations without any substantive basis for their statements, I have no desire to further fight a battle of wits with an unarmed man.  
Logged

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2013, 10:57:20 PM »

it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the end.
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 9139


I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!


View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2013, 11:07:40 PM »

Did brett just inadvertently make an argument for gun control during this discussion?
Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
brettmcd
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1355


View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2013, 11:12:13 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 26, 2013, 10:55:25 PM

Do you read or comprehend anything anyone else has said, Brettmc?  Once again no one has claimed that there hasnt been a single death caused by driving under the influence of pot.  Everyone has agreed that doing so is not a good idea and yet you keep harping on it as if youre making some major revelation.  So lets get one thing clear:  WE ALL AGREE THAT DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.
  It has been medically proven that the active ingredients in marijuana, mainly THC and cannibidnoids have caused no deaths by and of themselves.  That can not be said about either alcohol or nicotine.  If you smoke pretty much anything, you will take in carcinogens, which have been proven to be a leading cause of cancer.  This can happen from smoking cigars, cigarettes, herbal compounds, marijuana and even breathing in campfire smoke or smoke from burning leaves.  I myself am a legally carded patient with approval to use marijuana medicinally.  I do not smoke it.  In fact most of the people I know who use it legally, do not smoke it.  These days using an herbal vaporizer is the preferred method.  This completely eliminates the tars and carcinogens and has been found to be safe from any of the negative effects from using marijuana through combustion.
  Before I could use marijuana legally, I was on a regimen of Vicoden and antispasmodics, to handle my symptoms.  After a few years of that started having serious detrimental effects on my body, my doctor recommended and approved medicinal marijuana.  It has been a god send.  I was leery because I also have asthma and smoking would not have worked for me, but vaporization has done wonders for my health in controlling my symptoms.
 I do enjoy the "high" from marijuana.  If you go by the government propaganda, you have absolutely no clue what it is like.  While I dont know a single person that has had a hallucinogenic experience with pot, unless it was laced with something, it can apparently affect some people that way.  For most it creates a calming, mellow, relaxing buzz and often has an "expanded consciousness" effect.  This is why it is so popular among musicians and artists.  It expands the mind.  Unfortunately it also expands the appetite, which can expand the waistline but thats a whole 'nother issue.  I have never seen or known anyone who has died through the use of marijuana, whether directly or though an auto accident.  I cannot say that about either booze or alcohol.  In fact the only thing Ive seen pot kill is a family sized bag of chips.

Now I have regaled you with both factual and personal views regarding the use of marijuana.  Youre welcome to consider me an "idiot" for my position because while I may attempt to educate fools  who make incorrect blanket statements and generalizations without any substantive basis for their statements, I have no desire to further fight a battle of wits with an unarmed man.  

Yes people have said that pot has caused zero deaths ever.

Quote
Also, there has not ever been a single death from marajuana. Ever.

Quote
Yet, despite this long history of use and the extraordinarily high numbers of social smokers, there are simply no credible medical reports to suggest that consuming marijuana has caused a single death.

These are the claims I call bullshit on, as if you are under the influence of pot or alcohol and that causes you to kill yourself or someone else in a car accident then yes pot or alcohol helped cause that death.    As I said before you want to claim its less hazardous to your health then tobacco or alcohol, I will 100% agree with you, but when a bullshit claim is made like no one in human history has died from pot I will call that person on it.

And I fully support medical uses of pot, if it can help a person with a medical condition then it is like no other drug we use to treat illnesses.

As for the its only dangerous if you smoke it part, most people who use pot do smoke it from everything I have read.   Unless that changes you can't just ignore that part of the issue as well.
Logged
brettmcd
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1355


View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2013, 11:13:11 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 26, 2013, 11:07:40 PM

Did brett just inadvertently make an argument for gun control during this discussion?

Nope, your understanding of a discussion is as confused as ever.
Logged
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 9139


I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!


View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2013, 11:37:23 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 26, 2013, 11:13:11 PM

Quote from: hepcat on August 26, 2013, 11:07:40 PM

Did brett just inadvertently make an argument for gun control during this discussion?

Nope, your understanding of a discussion is as confused as ever.

Sorry, didn't mean to draw your attention away from the ass whuppin' you're currently getting.  If you think about the arguments you're attempting to use (edit: prior to your clumsy attempt to change the parameters of the discussion so that it's now a zero sum debate, that is) to make your point, you'll eventually get it.  
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:44:34 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
brettmcd
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1355


View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2013, 12:33:25 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 26, 2013, 11:37:23 PM

Quote from: brettmcd on August 26, 2013, 11:13:11 PM

Quote from: hepcat on August 26, 2013, 11:07:40 PM

Did brett just inadvertently make an argument for gun control during this discussion?

Nope, your understanding of a discussion is as confused as ever.

Sorry, didn't mean to draw your attention away from the ass whuppin' you're currently getting.  If you think about the arguments you're attempting to use (edit: prior to your clumsy attempt to change the parameters of the discussion so that it's now a zero sum debate, that is) to make your point, you'll eventually get it.  

Didn't know I was calling for drugs to be illegal because of what people do under the influence of them.
Logged
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2574


View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2013, 01:24:34 AM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 26, 2013, 07:10:39 PM

Quote from: brettmcd on August 26, 2013, 07:05:13 PM

Not one single death ever from pot?   Bullshit.

Again, you have nothing but an assumption. Here:

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#sthash.mDyd1OEM.dpbs

Quote
This is a remarkable statement. First, the record on marijuana encompasses 5,000 years of human experience. Second, marijuana is now used daily by enormous numbers of people throughout the world. Estimates suggest that from twenty million to fifty million Americans routinely, albeit illegally, smoke marijuana without the benefit of direct medical supervision. Yet, despite this long history of use and the extraordinarily high numbers of social smokers, there are simply no credible medical reports to suggest that consuming marijuana has caused a single death. - See more at: http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#sthash.mDyd1OEM.eE5xnOKU.dpuf



Thanks th fool! I don't have the patience to explain everything, or anything sometimes. Probably because I smoked in my 20's. Roll Eyes and wow brettmcd you sure are quick to blindly lash out at people for NO REASON and zero info to back up your claims. Lets play nice! Sorry, is that a side effect as well, you know kindness? icon_wink

Also Brett, please don't say reefer madness was accurate...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:26:42 AM by Harpua3 » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2013, 01:27:29 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on August 27, 2013, 01:24:34 AM

Probably because I smoked in my 20's.

not that it shows.... Tongue
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rshetts2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2420



View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2013, 01:59:14 AM »

the problem here is failure to communicate.

When there is an auto accident caused because someone was talking on a cell phone, do you claim cell phones cause death?  Because they dont, the persons choice to drive while talking on a phone does.  Its the same while driving impaired, regardless of the source of impairment.  Its not the drug that causes the fatality, its the choice to drive under its influence.  When someone drives drunk and then crashes their car and dies, they didnt die from alcohol poisoning they died from trauma directly related to the accident.  The alcohol likely helped cause the accident but it is not the cause of death.

I am not directing this at brettmc, this is for clarification for others involved in this discussion.  I dont believe brettmc is capable of understanding the logic here, so brettmc, feel free to ignore it, as its clearly beyond your capacity to understand. 
Logged

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
brettmcd
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1355


View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2013, 02:23:16 AM »

That is the biggest attempt at mental gymnastics I have ever seen, you get a 10 from even the east german judge.    You want to do whatever you can to keep up your bullshit claim that pot has never harmed a single person in human history. 

The accident was caused by the person being intoxicated, but the substance they are intoxicated from is not in any way to blame for their death....    I am sure lots of people who got convicted of killing someone while drunk driving and got a longer sentence because of that would be interested in your logic.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.169 seconds with 103 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.039s, 2q)