http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 02:43:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make your VEEP predictions!  (Read 35391 times)
cheeba
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 14, 2008, 03:57:17 AM »

Because if wikipedia says it, it must be true!
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 14, 2008, 04:05:39 AM »

Quote from: cheeba on September 14, 2008, 03:57:17 AM

Because if wikipedia says it, it must be true!

What, exactly, are you disputing, Cheeba?  Or are you just doing your usual contentless hit-and-run post?
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 14, 2008, 05:16:02 AM »

He doesn't run.  cheeba is many things, but he is not a pussy.

Just Hiro will do.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 14, 2008, 05:55:01 AM »

Why thank you, SuperHiro, I think slywink.

What, exactly, I am disputing, Brendan, is your source, which should have been pretty clear by my prior post. Especially during such a politicized time, Wikipedia is not the best source of information. What's more, how are you going to make the outright claim that Georgia started it, when, as your own source shows, there have been conflicts there since at least 1918? There have been minor and major skirmishes between Georgia and S. Ossetia for years and years and years. Not to mention you're totally ignoring the role Russia played in aiding S. Ossetia's "uprising."

I doubt anyone here possesses the knowledge or has access to the proper sources to discover who really started it. Such things, especially in messy situations as this, tend to be so muddled that it's impossible to discern anything factual. And most importantly, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference who started it anyways.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 14, 2008, 01:13:45 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on September 14, 2008, 05:55:01 AM

I doubt anyone here possesses the knowledge or has access to the proper sources to discover who really started it. Such things, especially in messy situations as this, tend to be so muddled that it's impossible to discern anything factual. And most importantly, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference who started it anyways.

Ah, the "it's too complicated for anyone to understand" retort.  I thought this was usually saved for evolution/creationism discussions, but Cheeba's trying to apply it here.  While he's certainly right that there are nuances in this conflict - like any other conflict (something neocons don't get about the Middle East) - there are certain undisputed facts and Wiki does a pretty decent job of outlining those.  So when we see a comment like "So Georgia started a war with Russia by invading its own territory?", don't expect those of us who actually know better to remain silent and not point out errors in the misleading/false one-liners that many conservatives resort to on this board.   

Even the experts who don't believe Russia's actions were justified understand that it was provoked when Georgia used force to try to gain control of South Ossetia, which has been a Russian protectorate for a long time.  So when you get a dipshit like Palin talking about an "unprovoked" attack, it shows she doesn't have the slightest clue about foreign policy.  Then she goes on to say she wants Georgia admitted to NATO and then in the next statement says that:

the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help.

Thanks, but I'd rather not pick a fight with a country that has 14,000 nuclear weapons.  And admitting Georgia to NATO when it's in conflict with Russia is just asking for that fight.  We managed to avoid a nuclear war for 60 years by carefully picking our spots and understanding each others' pressure points.  Admitting Georgia to NATO is like stepping on an open wound with Russia and it puts NATO troops with guns on the opposite side as Russian troops with guns in in the same immediate vicinity.  That's some bad juju.

Of course, this is the same dipshit who thinks that she understands foreign policy because you can see Russia from Alaska.  I can see the moon but that doesn't make me a friggin' astronaut, does it?*

* = not original.  Source unknown, but funny as hell.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 14, 2008, 02:48:26 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on September 14, 2008, 01:13:45 PM

don't expect those of us who actually know better to remain silent and not point out errors

Leave that shit at home, you just got condecension all over everything.

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 14, 2008, 03:41:21 PM »

Ah, the "it's too complicated for anyone to understand" retort.  I thought this was usually saved for evolution/creationism discussions, but Cheeba's trying to apply it here.
Given that you misinterpret my simple post, as you show here, how do you expect anyone in the world to think you know jack shit about who starts what in the Caucuses, a region that has had conflicts for the past century? I didn't say people can't understand it. What I did say was that people here don't have access to enough independent, unbiased information to make a solid judgement.
Thanks, but I'd rather not pick a fight with a country that has 14,000 nuclear weapons.
So Russia can do anything it wants? Good plan. I'm sure that'll work out for the benefit of all.
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 14, 2008, 04:34:43 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on September 14, 2008, 03:41:21 PM

Thanks, but I'd rather not pick a fight with a country that has 14,000 nuclear weapons.
So Russia can do anything it wants? Good plan. I'm sure that'll work out for the benefit of all.

So as an alternative, you would suggest what?  Kicking both Putin and the new PM in the sack and chanting USA?

Because any force we apply will be met in kind.  This is not Iran or 1990's Iraq that we can just try to embargo and politically isolate into economic futility.  Very large wars are lost on Russian fronts for a great many reasons, and Russia's energy and natural resource supplies within the decade are projected to make them independently stable as an economic power.  The way we might win a conflict with Russia involves a lot of allies and us bombing a lot of allies of theirs and them, and returned in kind in a cascade.

Russia needs to be respected and considered in a diplomatic fashion, because they hold better cards than we do.  We are not in the top bargaining position here.  And to suggest we will Bully Pulpit Russia into anything by puffing our chest and wagging shameful fingers at them at them is misguided, stated in the kindest terms possible.

As long as they find customers in a desperate global rescource market, Russia has nothing to fear from anyone.

Done posting
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 14, 2008, 06:59:16 PM »

Quote from: the Nightbreeze on September 14, 2008, 04:34:43 PM

Quote from: cheeba on September 14, 2008, 03:41:21 PM

So as an alternative, you would suggest what?  Kicking both Putin and the new PM in the sack and chanting USA?

Because any force we apply will be met in kind.  This is not Iran or 1990's Iraq that we can just try to embargo and politically isolate into economic futility.  Very large wars are lost on Russian fronts for a great many reasons, and Russia's energy and natural resource supplies within the decade are projected to make them independently stable as an economic power.  The way we might win a conflict with Russia involves a lot of allies and us bombing a lot of allies of theirs and them, and returned in kind in a cascade.

Russia needs to be respected and considered in a diplomatic fashion, because they hold better cards than we do.  We are not in the top bargaining position here.  And to suggest we will Bully Pulpit Russia into anything by puffing our chest and wagging shameful fingers at them at them is misguided, stated in the kindest terms possible.

As long as they find customers in a desperate global rescource market, Russia has nothing to fear from anyone.

So yes we let them do whatever they want, invade any country they want and dont say a word about it or do anything.   Got it.   
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 14, 2008, 07:30:21 PM »

Go ahead and voice your displeasure with Russia's actions.  Hold press events and issue statements.

But if you believe that will change Russia's behavior one bit, you are kidding yourself.

Negotiations work when you have something to offer the other side.

Now what does the world have for Russia that Russia wants, other than customers?  Answer that, and you may get somewhere in your policy decision proposals.

Because you won't stop them from finding customers, even if you convince your staunch allies to boycott their commodities.  Somebody wants it, and someone will pay for it, and those revenues are all they need to stalemate us out of consideration.

We aren't offering Russia anything.  Why would they bend to our demands?  Threat of open war?  They are economically on the better side of that bet.

Offer them something, and you might convince them.  Let's hear the offer.  Might convince me, too.

Done posting
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 14, 2008, 07:37:04 PM »

Quote from: the Nightbreeze on September 14, 2008, 07:30:21 PM

Go ahead and voice your displeasure with Russia's actions.  Hold press events and issue statements.

But if you believe that will change Russia's behavior one bit, you are kidding yourself.

Negotiations work when you have something to offer the other side.

Now what does the world have for Russia that Russia wants, other than customers?  Answer that, and you may get somewhere in your policy decision proposals.

Because you won't stop them from finding customers, even if you convince your staunch allies to boycott their commodities.  Somebody wants it, and someone will pay for it, and those revenues are all they need to stalemate us out of consideration.

We aren't offering Russia anything.  Why would they bend to our demands?  Threat of open war?  They are economically on the better side of that bet.

Offer them something, and you might convince them.  Let's hear the offer.  Might convince me, too.

So you're saying we should cede everything east of the Rockies to Russian control and change our national anthem to "Mammal" by They Might Be Giants.  Great plan.

-Autistic Angel

EDIT: Upon further review, it turns out that you said nothing of the kind.  Oops!

I wonder why I would have assumed that you were advocating such an absurdly self-destructive policy despite the fact that nothing in your post could possibly have been interpreted that way.  Must be something in the air today.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 07:54:31 PM by Autistic Angel » Logged
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 14, 2008, 07:49:14 PM »

We don't have to cede one pail  of dirt if we can think of a way to negotiate with them.

We barely talk to them except to tell them what actions they take and we don't like.  How are you going to change anything by diplomacy like that?

What can we give the Russians to not do what we would rather see them not do?

A kick in the pants is not the answer.  A terse email that will be ignored isn't either.  There must be answers.  What is certain is that the answer is not either of these.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 07:53:03 PM by the Nightbreeze » Logged

Done posting
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 14, 2008, 08:06:54 PM »

Quote from: the Nightbreeze on September 14, 2008, 07:49:14 PM

We don't have to cede one pail  of dirt if we can think of a way to negotiate with them.

We barely talk to them except to tell them what actions they take and we don't like.  How are you going to change anything by diplomacy like that?

A kick in the pants is not the answer.  A terse email that will be ignored isn't either.  There must be answers.  What is certain is that the answer is not either of these.

Sorry, the Nightbreeze, I wasn't actually responding to your post, but rather making a comment on the today's trend of conservative forum members responding to detailed and thoughtful messages with intellectually bankrupt quips that intentionally misinterpret the entire point.

-Autistic Angel
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 14, 2008, 08:18:23 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on September 14, 2008, 08:06:54 PM

Sorry, the Nightbreeze, I wasn't actually responding to your post, but rather making a comment on the today's trend of conservative forum members responding to detailed and thoughtful messages with intellectually bankrupt quips that intentionally misinterpret the entire point.

-Autistic Angel

In short just being condesending and acting like a jerk to people who dare to disagree with you, well it is what you and the rest of the ultra liberals who post here are best at.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 14, 2008, 08:27:15 PM »

Do you think Russia wants war with the US?
Russia's energy and natural resource supplies within the decade are projected to make them independently stable as an economic power.
So you admit they are not independently stable as an economic power right now. Good. In fact, they are inextricably tied to Europe as customers of their oil, and it would not be so easy for that oil to be diverted elsewhere. China and India cannot bankroll all of Russia for long. Russia knows this and they want rich, stable European customers buying up their oil.
No one is making that suggestion. Of course it's going to be a diplomatic conclusion here. The threat of adding Georgia to NATO is part of that. The threat of war is part of that.
Overly simplistic. They didn't back down from the Cuban Missile Crisis because of anything to do with their resources.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 15, 2008, 01:27:23 AM »

-Autistic Angel

Is your favorite color red?
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 15, 2008, 01:48:59 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd
In short just being condesending and acting like a jerk to people who dare to disagree with you, well it is what you and the rest of the ultra liberals who post here are best at.

Well, brettmcd, what is it that you "dare to disagree" with me about?  Let's take a look:

Quote from: brettmcd on September 14, 2008, 06:59:16 PM

So yes we let them do whatever they want, invade any country they want and dont say a word about it or do anything.   Got it.

Okay, I disagree with you that the Nightbreeze said anything of the sort, and I disagree with you that any sensible person could read that sentiment into his post.  I think that you read his post, found yourself unable to come up with a real reason to oppose it -- or perhaps unable to comprehend it -- so you basically just cut-and-pasted cheeba's earlier mockery.  I think that the Nightbreeze put some thought and effort into his post and that you wanted to brush if off with a derisive remark and a snide attitude.

But maybe I'm jumping to conclusions.  Perhaps you can explain to everyone exactly how the Nightbreeze's suggestion of engaging in a series of economic incentives and diplomatic negotiations with Russia equates to letting them "do whatever they want, invade any country they want and don't say a word about it or do anything."

-Autistic Angel
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 15, 2008, 02:46:22 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on September 15, 2008, 01:48:59 AM

Quote from: brettmcd

Well, brettmcd, what is it that you "dare to disagree" with me about?  Let's take a look:

Quote from: brettmcd on September 14, 2008, 06:59:16 PM

Okay, I disagree with you that the Nightbreeze said anything of the sort, and I disagree with you that any sensible person could read that sentiment into his post.  I think that you read his post, found yourself unable to come up with a real reason to oppose it -- or perhaps unable to comprehend it -- so you basically just cut-and-pasted cheeba's earlier mockery.  I think that the Nightbreeze put some thought and effort into his post and that you wanted to brush if off with a derisive remark and a snide attitude.

But maybe I'm jumping to conclusions.  Perhaps you can explain to everyone exactly how the Nightbreeze's suggestion of engaging in a series of economic incentives and diplomatic negotiations with Russia equates to letting them "do whatever they want, invade any country they want and don't say a word about it or do anything."

-Autistic Angel

As usual on here you have already decided and are now telling me exactly what I did and why I did it, and as you seem to have invested so much time in creating a fantasy world yet again I wont do anything to take that away from.   Please continue to think you know more then I do about why I do things.   I wont stop you
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 15, 2008, 02:49:42 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd on September 15, 2008, 02:46:22 AM

As usual on here you have already decided and are now telling me exactly what I did and why I did it, and as you seem to have invested so much time in creating a fantasy world yet again I wont do anything to take that away from.   Please continue to think you know more then I do about why I do things.   I wont stop you

He asked you some legitemate questions. Why won't you answer them? You're starting to sound like Palin in her ABC interview.

"Should we cross over the border without permission?"
"There are Islamic Extremists who want to destroy America!!!"
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 15, 2008, 03:20:42 AM »

Oh come on AA, you have to acknowledge my perfectly timed intellectually bankrupt quip!     thumbsup
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: September 15, 2008, 03:54:40 AM »

Sorry, the Nightbreeze, I wasn't actually responding to your post, but rather making a comment on the today's trend of conservative forum members responding to detailed and thoughtful messages with unfunny quips that intentionally misinterpret the entire point.

-Autistic Angel

That's my biggest problem. 

Just Hiro will do.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 15, 2008, 04:29:32 AM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on September 15, 2008, 03:54:40 AM

Sorry, the Nightbreeze, I wasn't actually responding to your post, but rather making a comment on the today's trend of conservative forum members responding to detailed and thoughtful messages with unfunny quips that intentionally misinterpret the entire point.

-Autistic Angel

That's my biggest problem. 

That you're unfunny?

Tongue
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 15, 2008, 04:37:18 AM »

two points for warning!

Just Hiro will do.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 15, 2008, 12:48:06 PM »

Okay people, focus more on the topic at hand (which seems to be focused on Russia now more than Palin), less on the way the different posters are expressing their opinions. 
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 15, 2008, 05:27:20 PM »

I finally got around to reading the NYT article on Palin from last Saturday, and she's exactly the right VP candidate for the party of George W. Bush:

She loves her cronies:

Gov. Sarah Palin lives by the maxim that all politics is local, not to mention personal.

So when there was a vacancy at the top of the State Division of Agriculture, she appointed a high school classmate, Franci Havemeister, to the $95,000-a-year directorship. A former real estate agent, Ms. Havemeister cited her childhood love of cows as a qualification for running the roughly $2 million agency.

The Wasilla High School yearbook archive now doubles as a veritable directory of state government. Ms. Palin appointed Mr. Bitney, her former junior high school band-mate, as her legislative director and chose another classmate, Joe Austerman, to manage the economic development office for $82,908 a year. Mr. Austerman had established an Alaska franchise for Mailboxes Etc.

She's secretive like Cheney:

While Ms. Palin took office promising a more open government, her administration has battled to keep information secret. Her inner circle discussed the benefit of using private e-mail addresses. An assistant told her it appeared that such e-mail messages sent to a private address on a “personal device” like a BlackBerry “would be confidential and not subject to subpoena.”

She likes running government from Crawford Wasilla:

Many lawmakers contend that Ms. Palin is overly reliant on a small inner circle that leaves her isolated. Democrats and Republicans alike describe her as often missing in action. Since taking office in 2007, Ms. Palin has spent 312 nights at her Wasilla home, some 600 miles to the north of the governor’s mansion in Juneau, records show.

During the last legislative session, some lawmakers became so frustrated with her absences that they took to wearing “Where’s Sarah?” pins.

Many politicians say they typically learn of her initiatives — and vetoes — from news releases.

She demonizes those who question her policies:

Dan Fagan, a prominent conservative radio host and longtime friend of Ms. Palin, urged his listeners to vote for her in 2006. But when he took her to task for raising taxes on oil companies, he said, he found himself branded a “hater.”

It is part of a pattern, Mr. Fagan said, in which Ms. Palin characterizes critics as “bad people who are anti-Alaska."

And she hates charismatic mammals:

Rick Steiner, a University of Alaska professor, sought the e-mail messages of state scientists who had examined the effect of global warming on polar bears. (Ms. Palin said the scientists had found no ill effects, and she has sued the federal government to block the listing of the bears as endangered.) An administration official told Mr. Steiner that his request would cost $468,784 to process.

When Mr. Steiner finally obtained the e-mail messages — through a federal records request — he discovered that state scientists had in fact agreed that the bears were in danger, records show.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: September 15, 2008, 07:49:47 PM »

re: Brendan's statement above.

Can't argue with any of that.  You and I don't see eye to eye often, but there is nothing in that article that doesn't further prove that she was the "Hey look...she's got boobs, she's young, and looks kinda pretty!  That'll be great to offset my horrible old cracker self!" candidate.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 16, 2008, 03:27:18 AM »

Declining to continue the Russia derail beyond this: Diplomacy is still a game of carrots and sticks, and we're about equal on sticks, and Russia can afford to make more sticks. We need to start looking for carrots. 

Carry on with the VPing.

Done posting
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 18, 2008, 12:57:32 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 15, 2008, 07:49:47 PM

Can't argue with any of that.  You and I don't see eye to eye often, but there is nothing in that article that doesn't further prove that she was the "Hey look...she's got boobs, she's young, and looks kinda pretty!  That'll be great to offset my horrible old cracker self!" candidate.

Eh. I'd still hit it.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: September 18, 2008, 02:54:22 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on September 18, 2008, 12:57:32 AM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 15, 2008, 07:49:47 PM

Eh. I'd still hit it.

Nothing wrong with Caribou Barbie eh?  Just make sure you pick out a great name like "Waffle", "Julip", or "(insert math subject here)" if you knock her up.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
warning

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 18, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 18, 2008, 02:54:22 PM

Just make sure you pick out a great name like "Waffle", "Julip", or "(insert math subject here)" if you knock her up.

Here ya go:  http://politsk.blogspot.com/2008/09/sarah_13.html

If I were born to Sarah Palin, my name would be:  Goalie Sanka Palin
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 18, 2008, 04:50:56 PM »

Quote from: warning on September 18, 2008, 04:35:04 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 18, 2008, 02:54:22 PM

Just make sure you pick out a great name like "Waffle", "Julip", or "(insert math subject here)" if you knock her up.

Here ya go:  http://politsk.blogspot.com/2008/09/sarah_13.html

If I were born to Sarah Palin, my name would be:  Goalie Sanka Palin

Mine:  Drill Swollen Palin

Funny.  It could double as a porn-name too.   icon_lol
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 18, 2008, 06:20:04 PM »

Jeep Pike Palin! Has a nice ring to it.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 18, 2008, 06:22:44 PM »

I'm Seagull Junker Palin. You know, that doesn't sound too bad compared to Track and Trigg. Seagull. It could be Moose Flier Palin or Helicopter Wolf Palin or Rocky Road Palin.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 18, 2008, 06:26:10 PM »

or Kriminal Sopina Palin. (My Drazzil dictionary is missing so I may not have spelled that correctly)

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
joeyjazz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 18, 2008, 07:48:35 PM »

Trowel Ogre Palin  eek

Wow.
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 18, 2008, 08:51:26 PM »

I think Ms. Palin just nominated John McCain as the VP:  (video link at source)

Sarah Palin promises a "Palin and McCain administration" on the stump in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, where she was talking about small businesses.

And the reportage from the scene does suggest that the crowds are, still, coming for the bottom of the ticket. O. Kay Henderson reports that the rally began with chants of "We want Sarah."

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
mori
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 18, 2008, 09:38:21 PM »

Vise Peeper Palin. Sounds something out of Vaudeville.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 19, 2008, 01:46:36 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on September 18, 2008, 06:20:04 PM

Jeep Pike Palin! Has a nice ring to it.

Yes, very nice.  By the way:

Quote from: Autistic Angel on September 06, 2008, 01:30:15 AM

Quote from: YellowKing on September 05, 2008, 08:30:46 PM

Cheeba's right; she truly does have you guys' panties in a bunch. It seriously is comical to watch you guys falling all over yourselves to criticize her.

I despise Biden with every fiber of my being, but you don't see me running around the boards in hysterics over him.

What are the criticisms I've made of Sarah Palin's record that you feel are inappropriate or unfair?  Which ones do you think were made, not because of principled objections to her job performance, but because my "panties are in a bunch" and I'm "hysterical" about it?

That was on September 5th.  I'm still waiting for an answer.

If you think it'll help out your argument or bolster your image, YellowKing, you're free to post as many insults about me as you like.  I do think it's fair to reserve the right to know exactly which of my posts you're dismissing as "hysterics," though.

-Autistic Angel
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 19, 2008, 05:34:36 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on September 19, 2008, 01:46:36 AM

That was on September 5th.  I'm still waiting for an answer.
You know, if you and your liberal brethren ever decided to stop being so condescending, this R&P forum might actually get more than 1-2 posts a day.

I certainly don't speak for YK, but it looks to me like you don't understand what we're talking about. I don't care if your criticisms of Palin are inappropriate or unfair. A bit of criticism of her is just fine. But overall, many on the left, especially those who post on political forums, just can't help themselves and feel they have to go after her every word and deed. She's a VP candidate. No one cares about your criticisms except other left wing partisans. It has become liberal porn.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 19, 2008, 11:58:47 AM »

cheeba, if you were born to Sarah Palin, your name would be:
Crutch Camp Palin

Who knows, Crutch Camp Palin you just might be president one day!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: