http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 03:37:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make your VEEP predictions!  (Read 35295 times)
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: September 23, 2008, 08:54:02 PM »

MsD,

If you insist on using a Palin pic as your avatar couldn't you at least use a a hot one of her?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 23, 2008, 09:14:32 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 23, 2008, 08:54:02 PM

MsD,

If you insist on using a Palin pic as your avatar couldn't you at least use a a hot one of her?

I was rushed and couldn't find one when I set it up.    I'm open for suggestions.   (please no fake bikini pics)
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 23, 2008, 09:54:01 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on September 23, 2008, 09:14:32 PM

Quote from: Scraper on September 23, 2008, 08:54:02 PM

MsD,

I was rushed and couldn't find one when I set it up.    I'm open for suggestions.   (please no fake bikini pics)

Maybe just a picture of Tina Fey as Sarah Palin?

Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 24, 2008, 02:41:09 AM »

Quote from: cheeba on September 20, 2008, 05:42:40 AM

Pretty much. That's not the problem. The problem occurs when you attempt to apply that to my statement.

My statement:I don't care if your criticisms of Palin are inappropriate or unfair.
Your logical leap: So you don't care at all who Palin is so long as she is Republican?

That's not even close to "I don't care if x lives" vs. I don't care if x dies." That's not even in the same galaxy. You took a hyper-dimensional leap. Let's break it down.

You are saying that "criticisms" are a universal X. All criticisms are X. If I don't care for X, then you might be able to arrive to your statement. X, however, has components which are different.

Your criticisms, my criticisms, her criticisms, his criticisms - those are different things, no? As an example, I may consider Obama's stance on gun control too soft, you may think it's too restrictive. Your criticism does not = my criticism.

So, when I say that I don't care about "your criticisms" of Palin, I am talking specifically to some person. It does not follow logically that I don't care about all criticisms, just like it's not logical to assume I don't like all dogs if I say I don't like the neighbor's dog.

My bad. I used logic and clearly you don't understand it. Go back to your regularly scheduled insults and ranting.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 24, 2008, 03:57:22 PM »

Quote from: Crux on September 24, 2008, 02:41:09 AM

My bad. I used logic and clearly you don't understand it. Go back to your regularly scheduled insults and ranting.
Well I'm glad you're not going to continue to argue that "your criticism" is "all criticism" though I wish you could have just admitted your error rather than passing it off as my not understanding your logic. Go back to your regularly scheduled insults and poorly constructed logical errors.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: September 24, 2008, 04:31:14 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on September 23, 2008, 06:17:28 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 23, 2008, 05:40:12 PM

Quote from: msduncan on September 23, 2008, 04:34:10 PM

Quote from: YellowKing on September 22, 2008, 10:15:43 PM

So, if John McCain is elected President and cannot fulfill his term in office, do you think Sarah Palin would be qualified to serve as President, or would you be concerned about her?

Of course I would, but I'm casting my vote for President and not Vice President. And I'm basing that vote on current reality, not conjecture on what may or may not happen. I'm just as concerned with Obama's experience, or lack thereof.

Ditto.   I don't vote based on who the VP is.    If I did, I would never have been a big fan of Reagan.

Funny you mention - didn't Regan catch a bullet and almost put his VP into play?  You can't count out the VP at any stage in the game - they are part of the package.

But to ignore the lack of experience of the head man of one ticket, to continually focus on the lack of experience of the 2nd person on the other ticket just makes no sense.    The vp is part of the picture, but not nearly as big as the main person.

No argument with that, but my point is simple - it is a package deal.  The Presidency isn't a vacuum where no advice is solicited or given.  One candidate's inexperience with a particular issue can be shored up by the other person's sound advice.  It's unrealistic to ask either candidate to be the expert on everything. 

Me personally?  I look at the inexperience of Obama as a good thing.  He hasn't had time to get into bed with Big Auto, Big Oil, or any of the other 'Big' folk out there. 

Palin on the other hand...I can live with her inexperience, but her agenda is completely insane to me.  That, and the flag is not your goddamned security blanket.  I seriously want to set people on fire when they do shit like this.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: