http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 01:52:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Limbaugh: Contraception advocate should post online sex videos  (Read 970 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2012, 01:22:00 AM »

Rush Limbaugh on Wednesday stated, “What does it say about the college co-ed Anti-Catholic plant, Sandra Fluke who goes before a Congressional committee and basically says that she must be paid to have sex — what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She’s having so much sex she can’t afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex”

Sandra Fluke considers herself a “reproductive rights activist” who supports the Obama administration’s controversial contraceptive mandate. She apparently looks into the faces of women on her Georgetown campus and sees the struggle they are having by not having enough money to afford condoms with their wanting to have sex 3 times a day.

“Forty percent of the female students at Georgetown Law reported to us that they struggled financially as a result of this policy,” Fluke said, referring to the fact that the university doesn’t pay for contraception. “Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school.”

CNS News’ Craig Bannister, though, challenged Fluke’s $3,000 figure and came up with some pretty interesting numbers:

$3,000 for birth control in three years? That’s a thousand dollars a year of sex – and, she wants us to pay for it.

At a dollar a condom if she shops at CVS pharmacy’s website, that $3,000 would buy her 3,000 condoms – or, 1,000 a year…

Assuming it’s not a leap year, that’s 1,000 divided by 365 – or having sex 2.74 times a day, every day, for three straight years. And, I thought Georgetown was a Catholic university where women might be prone to shun casual, unmarried sex. At least its health insurance doesn’t cover contraception (that which you subsidize, you get more of, you know).

http://www.dividedstates.com/sandra-fluke-slut-wants-government-to-pay-her-to-have-sex/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:34:56 AM by corruptrelic » Logged

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 02:06:36 PM »

TTIWWP.

Spoiler for the sexin:
(and no, I don't need to see pics of Craig Bannister, OR Rush Limbaugh).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 02:07:54 PM »

Good for her, finding sex three times a day.
(... and who said craiglist doesn't help the downtrodden? )

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 03:33:05 PM »

I for one find it amazing and wonderful that doctors can find multiple uses for a given drug or pill. For example, how aspirin can be used not just to cure headaches but also for treating arthritis, as an anti-coagulant for people who suffered heart attack or stroke, and for people who wish to lower their risk of heart attack.

And also for birth control pills, which are not JUST used to prevent conception, but also to treat Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Endometriosis, or damage to the ovaries from chemotherapy.

The Pill. Its not just for sex anymore. GASP it can actually treat other things where the only thing in common it has with sex is the organs and system it treats.  Roll Eyes

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 04:26:41 PM »

A lot of women also take it just to reduce cramping, even before they've ever been sexually active.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 05:18:35 PM »

Quote from: raydude on March 02, 2012, 03:33:05 PM

I for one find it amazing and wonderful that doctors can find multiple uses for a given drug or pill. For example, how aspirin can be used not just to cure headaches but also for treating arthritis, as an anti-coagulant for people who suffered heart attack or stroke, and for people who wish to lower their risk of heart attack.

And also for birth control pills, which are not JUST used to prevent conception, but also to treat Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Endometriosis, or damage to the ovaries from chemotherapy.

The Pill. Its not just for sex anymore. GASP it can actually treat other things where the only thing in common it has with sex is the organs and system it treats.  Roll Eyes

That's what makes this whole thing so remarkably stupid. I'm surprised this hasn't been part of the dialog more than it has. just ridiculous.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 06:58:13 PM »

Wasn't Limbaugh addicted to prescription painkillers?  Wouldn't that have his insurance company subsidizing his drug habit?

Limbaugh used to be funny and smart, but in the world of talk radio, where you have to constantly out do yourself to keep your listeners, he's grown into a caricature.  He's still smart, but he's gone off the deep end (it doesn't pay to be moderate).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:05:23 PM by Pyperkub » Logged

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 12:16:21 AM »

I can't imagine anyone supporting this policy myself...

Sent from my Acer Iconia A500 using Tapatalk

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 02:50:35 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on March 02, 2012, 05:18:35 PM

Quote from: raydude on March 02, 2012, 03:33:05 PM

That's what makes this whole thing so remarkably stupid. I'm surprised this hasn't been part of the dialog more than it has. just ridiculous.

It's still *amazing* to me how effectively the Conservative smear machine works.

Sandra Fluke was shut out of a congressional hearing because the Republicans in charge saw no value in having a woman interrupt their all-male panel on women's reproductive health.  House Democrats then sponsored her at an unofficial forum where she testified about a friend who lost an ovary because the insurance plans at Georgetown University don't cover the birth control pills necessary to control her Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

Rush Limbaugh decides to frame that as, "College slut wants taxpayers to give her money every time she has sex!"  He spends three days blaming the affordability of The Pill on the fact that "prostitues" like Fluke are having sex too often.  Limbaugh either does not know, or is intentionally lying, about the fact that birth control pills are taken once a day, every day, regardless of whether the prescription holder is sexually active or not.

I have no idea why corruptrelic decided to kick this thread off with the ugliest and most dishonest retelling he could find, but in the event that people in this thread genuinely didn't know the backstory, there it is.

-Autistic Angel
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 03:23:16 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on March 03, 2012, 02:50:35 PM

It's still *amazing* to me how effectively the Conservative smear machine works.

Sandra Fluke was shut out of a congressional hearing because the Republicans in charge saw no value in having a woman interrupt their all-male panel on women's reproductive health.  House Democrats then sponsored her at an unofficial forum where she testified about a friend who lost an ovary because the insurance plans at Georgetown University don't cover the birth control pills necessary to control her Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

Or she was actually shut out of the hearing because the Democrats submitted her name too late to be considered.  Yes, the Democrats contest it, but your comment here is over the top and not accurate.

I have no idea why corruptrelic decided to kick this thread off with the ugliest and most dishonest retelling he could find, but in the event that people in this thread genuinely didn't know the backstory, there it is.

Starting threads by posting crazy articles and not adding his own opinion (which is pretty poor form on a message board) has been corruptrelic's modus operandi lately across multiple subforums.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on March 03, 2012, 03:23:16 PM

Or she was actually shut out of the hearing because the Democrats submitted her name too late to be considered.  Yes, the Democrats contest it, but your comment here is over the top and not accurate.

Starting threads by posting crazy articles and not adding his own opinion (which is pretty poor form on a message board) has been corruptrelic's modus operandi lately across multiple subforums.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 03:56:51 PM »

I do my best to avoid the trolls, but sometimes you just can't avoid them.

When you ask someone to stay away from your posts and they troll them anyway, what do you call that? I told you to take it to PM's if you have a problem with me, so what do you do? You send a disrespectful PM and then BLOCK me from replying to it.. how classic of you, is your skin really that thin? I thought trolls were supposed to have a tough exterior?
It's funny watching a troll get upset when an article on the internet gets his panties in a twist.

As far as Autistic Angel's comment, my bad on that.. it's one of the first ones that came up when it all started. I hadn't realized how right-leaning the website itself was until after posted. The link has since been updated with more bias.  Lets remember though the news article is mainly from Rush, so of course many are going to find it offensive.. there's no other way around it.

I take no position one way or the other, on one hand you have a catholic university who before she enrolled KNEW she wasn't going to get contraception insurance but took it anyway, and on the other hand, you bring up the good point of some women needing birth control even when not sexually active.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 04:25:02 PM »

icon_lol

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 07:01:19 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on March 03, 2012, 03:56:51 PM

I take no position one way or the other, on one hand you have a catholic university who before she enrolled KNEW she wasn't going to get contraception insurance but took it anyway, and on the other hand, you bring up the good point of some women needing birth control even when not sexually active.

Yes, because so many high school seniors make their choice of college based on how much coverage they get on their health care. Every high school student thinks he/she is invincible. I should know, I was one once. Sidenote: I realize Sandra Fluke is a Law student but the point still stands. If the University is barring graduate students from medicine associated with reproductive systems then they certainly are barring it from undergrads.

But consider this. Say you're a fine upstanding Catholic young woman. You're a virgin, and Georgetown U has accepted you. You attend and in your first year of college you find out you're getting more and more blood when you have your period. You go to Student Health Services and find out you have Von Willebrand disease. No biggie, says the doctor, a lot of folks have this, and yours seems to be genetically inherited. You're probably getting increased blood loss because your body is in its most fertile part of its lifespan. He goes to prescribe you iron pills and birth control pills to help regulate the periods so you at least don't suffer too much blood loss (because wooziness and lethargy from that won't help you study in college).

You say "thanks doc" and then give an OH SHIT when you realize the Georgetown U policy is to not cover the cost of the Pill for sluts like you (sarcasm intended).

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 09:17:25 PM »

The justification you linked to represents the fallback position of committee chairman Darrell Issa, adopted after his original reason -- that Fluke has no place testifying about woman-specific healthcare because she's not a member of the clergy -- proved insufficiently compelling.  He also argued that turnabout is fair play, complaining that Democrats had barred Republican-sponsored witnesses at unrelated hearings in years past.

So it's part religious prostration, part vengeance, and part slavish adherence to traditionally malleable rules that lead to congressional testimony on how private insurance coverage of women's healthcare needs somehow impinges on unrelated men's religious freedom.  Fluke was sitting right there in the audience, ready to testify about the real world harm wrought by the "consciences" of completely unrelated men. 

I stand by my comment.

-Autistic Angel
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 10:57:23 PM »

Quote from: raydude on March 03, 2012, 07:01:19 PM

Yes, because so many high school seniors make their choice of college based on how much coverage they get on their health care. Every high school student thinks he/she is invincible. I should know, I was one once. Sidenote: I realize Sandra Fluke is a Law student but the point still stands. If the University is barring graduate students from medicine associated with reproductive systems then they certainly are barring it from undergrads.

But consider this. Say you're a fine upstanding Catholic young woman. You're a virgin, and Georgetown U has accepted you. You attend and in your first year of college you find out you're getting more and more blood when you have your period. You go to Student Health Services and find out you have Von Willebrand disease. No biggie, says the doctor, a lot of folks have this, and yours seems to be genetically inherited. You're probably getting increased blood loss because your body is in its most fertile part of its lifespan. He goes to prescribe you iron pills and birth control pills to help regulate the periods so you at least don't suffer too much blood loss (because wooziness and lethargy from that won't help you study in college).

You say "thanks doc" and then give an OH SHIT when you realize the Georgetown U policy is to not cover the cost of the Pill for sluts like you (sarcasm intended).

Fluke is 30 years old, hardly just got out of high school yesterday. Didn't she also say something about her previous insurance she could get contraceptives with? Sounds like she knew exactly what she was getting into before enrolling in a catholic university.

Not that I'm saying the university is right.. but rather that people should take responsibility for their own actions. I'm sure your description fits a certain number of women, and that part I agree with.. but lets be realistic, if they start mandating contraception be included in insurance then isn't that going to increase premiums? No way the insurance companies aren't going to pass that cost on to us with a higher monthly bill.. so whether you need contraception or not, you're still going to be paying for it.

Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 11:49:02 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on March 03, 2012, 10:57:23 PM

Quote from: raydude on March 03, 2012, 07:01:19 PM

Fluke is 30 years old, hardly just got out of high school yesterday. Didn't she also say something about her previous insurance she could get contraceptives with? Sounds like she knew exactly what she was getting into before enrolling in a catholic university.

Not that I'm saying the university is right.. but rather that people should take responsibility for their own actions. I'm sure your description fits a certain number of women, and that part I agree with.. but lets be realistic, if they start mandating contraception be included in insurance then isn't that going to increase premiums? No way the insurance companies aren't going to pass that cost on to us with a higher monthly bill.. so whether you need contraception or not, you're still going to be paying for it.

1. Contraception is included in the current Georgetown health plan for the faculty and staff.

2. Let's be realistic, if they start mandating health insurance to pay for health care? No way the insurance companies aren't going to pass that cost so whether you need healthcare or not, you're still going to be paying for it.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 12:01:29 AM »

1. Playing devil's advocate again, she knew what she was getting into before enrolling. It's like me taking a job at McDonalds knowing before hand they only pay $7.25 an hour and have crappy insurance, and then bitching about the pay and benefits later that I can't "afford" to live on it. It was my decision to go there and I knew what I was getting into before hand.
Especially for someone attending law school, I find it hard to believe a catholic university was her only option.

2. That's assuming the healthcare mandate even goes through. All the GOP candidates have promised to repeal ObamaCare and lets be realistic, with the economy the way it is, gas prices sky rocketing, we just may end up getting a GOP president in november.

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 12:06:40 AM »

1. My example scenario absolutely shows how knowing what you're getting into gets you screwed. What would you tell that good virgin Catholic student?

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 01:24:31 AM »

28 states already require insurance companies to cover prescribed contraceptives like the birth control pill.  Two more have a legal mandate that employers have to offer it with their company healthcare plans.  Notable examples include Texas, Nevada, New Mexico, Georgia, Arkansas, Virginia, and West Virginia -- all red states which passed these laws with majority Republican support.  Neither Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee considered them remotely controversial when they signed them into law.

And you know what's more expensive than hormonal birth control?  Pregnancy.  Complicated pregnancy.  Abortions.  Emergency surgery to remove a woman's uterus or ovaries.  Those are the costs you should be worried about passing along to consumers, and cheap, effective birth control is the best available way to give people control over their reproductive lives.

-Autistic Angel
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 07:38:43 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on March 03, 2012, 09:17:25 PM

The justification you linked to represents the fallback position of committee chairman Darrell Issa, adopted after his original reason -- that Fluke has no place testifying about woman-specific healthcare because she's not a member of the clergy -- proved insufficiently compelling.  He also argued that turnabout is fair play, complaining that Democrats had barred Republican-sponsored witnesses at unrelated hearings in years past.

So it's part religious prostration, part vengeance, and part slavish adherence to traditionally malleable rules that lead to congressional testimony on how private insurance coverage of women's healthcare needs somehow impinges on unrelated men's religious freedom.  Fluke was sitting right there in the audience, ready to testify about the real world harm wrought by the "consciences" of completely unrelated men. 

I stand by my comment.

-Autistic Angel

Yeah.  Whatever.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 06:03:07 PM »

No, pr0ner.  Not "whatever."

The idea that women's basic healthcare needs should be covered by insurance providers has been an entirely non-partisan issue for years.  Republicans proposed and passed such bills in their own states of their accord.  It remained noncontroversial when the contraception mandate was ruled a part of the Affordable Healthcare Act.  It wasn't until Newt Gingrich, casting about for any petty little issue that could revitalize his campaign, decided to frame women's healthcare as an affront to religious liberty that Conservatives suddenly discovered how outraged they were.

Hormonal drug therapy is the most effective, least expensive way for women to exert control over their menstrual cycles, reproductive plans, and a range of serious medical conditions.  Now Conservatives have decided those things make them angry, that the availability of insurance coverage for this specific form of prescription medication is somehow offensive to religious sensibilities, and that their own laws represent an grave Constitutional crisis.  It's asinine.

Republican Darrell Issa held a hearing on the issue so that a panel of men could testify about how their "consciences" would be troubled if women they don't know were guaranteed the option to have insurance coverage for their medications.  Democrats attempted to introduce relevant information about real world financial and medical costs wrought by protecting these men's consciences, and were denied because the woman in attendance had inadequate religious training.  Oh, and the Democrats lost at rock-paper-witness.

Liberals didn't pick this fight.  Conservatives did this all by themselves, and now that it's proven to be a political disaster, they're furiously trying to pass it off as some kind of mainstream media skulduggery.  "Oh, nobody's talking about taking away contraception; we just believe that making it affordable constitutes an Assault On Religion."

"Yeah, whatever" indeed.

-Autistic Angel
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »

but lets be realistic, if they start mandating contraception be included in insurance then isn't that going to increase premiums? No way the insurance companies aren't going to pass that cost on to us with a higher monthly bill.. so whether you need contraception or not, you're still going to be paying for it.

Not true.  NPR had a piece on this recently.  Insurance companies and employers actually benefit from this due to the preventative aspects. Insurance companies endorse this type of funding constantly as it's better for their bottom line in the long run.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 11:42:33 PM »

I'm sure this entire episode will do wonders to attract independent and swing voters to the Republican ticket and motivate voters to come and and vote on election day.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 06:52:11 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on March 05, 2012, 06:03:07 PM

No, pr0ner.  Not "whatever."

The idea that women's basic healthcare needs should be covered by insurance providers has been an entirely non-partisan issue for years.  Republicans proposed and passed such bills in their own states of their accord.  It remained noncontroversial when the contraception mandate was ruled a part of the Affordable Healthcare Act.  It wasn't until Newt Gingrich, casting about for any petty little issue that could revitalize his campaign, decided to frame women's healthcare as an affront to religious liberty that Conservatives suddenly discovered how outraged they were.

Hormonal drug therapy is the most effective, least expensive way for women to exert control over their menstrual cycles, reproductive plans, and a range of serious medical conditions.  Now Conservatives have decided those things make them angry, that the availability of insurance coverage for this specific form of prescription medication is somehow offensive to religious sensibilities, and that their own laws represent an grave Constitutional crisis.  It's asinine.

Republican Darrell Issa held a hearing on the issue so that a panel of men could testify about how their "consciences" would be troubled if women they don't know were guaranteed the option to have insurance coverage for their medications.  Democrats attempted to introduce relevant information about real world financial and medical costs wrought by protecting these men's consciences, and were denied because the woman in attendance had inadequate religious training.  Oh, and the Democrats lost at rock-paper-witness.

Liberals didn't pick this fight.  Conservatives did this all by themselves, and now that it's proven to be a political disaster, they're furiously trying to pass it off as some kind of mainstream media skulduggery.  "Oh, nobody's talking about taking away contraception; we just believe that making it affordable constitutes an Assault On Religion."

"Yeah, whatever" indeed.

-Autistic Angel

Way to be all typically self righteous up there on your pompous, elitist high horse, attempting to educate me about something that a) I already know about, and b) don't think the government should be involved in.

Yeah, whatever is incredibly apt.

TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 08:34:53 PM »

I'm actually a bit surprised that nobody has spun this into a "Rush endorses Condoms for Internet Porn trade agreement!" issue by now.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 11:16:31 PM »

Sounds like Rush is losing a ton of sponsors. Good for them and fuck Rush. I hope there's a witch hunt on any remaining sponsors. Couldn't happen to a bigger dickhead.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 12:28:48 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on March 06, 2012, 06:52:11 PM

Way to be all typically self righteous up there on your pompous, elitist high horse, attempting to educate me about something that a) I already know about, and b) don't think the government should be involved in.

The only two ways a person could support the newly minted Conservative position on this issue require there to be severe deficits in either their level of factual information or sense of moral decency.

I did not realize you were already so well educated on the subject.  Thank you for setting me straight.

-Autistic Angel
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 12:31:56 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on March 07, 2012, 12:28:48 AM

Quote from: pr0ner on March 06, 2012, 06:52:11 PM

The only two ways a person could support the newly minted Conservative position on this issue require there to be severe deficits in either their level of factual information or sense of moral decency.

I did not realize you were already so well educated on the subject.  Thank you for setting me straight.

-Autistic Angel

You forgot, my side right or wrong.  Rah!  Rah!  Rah!

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 01:00:09 AM »

Apparently Rush has lost 50 advertisers now. Gleeful schadenfreude cannot even begin to describe my feeling! icon_twisted
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 01:56:28 AM »

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 04:47:47 PM »

Research Schmesearch

why should a little thing like checking your facts get in the way of hatin' on Obama.

Above is a transcript from Rush Limbaugh's radio show on October 14, 2011. An excerpt:

Lord's Resistance Army objectives. I have them here. "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people." Now, again Lord's Resistance Army is who Obama sent troops to help nations wipe out. The objectives of the Lord's Resistance Army, what they're trying to accomplish with their military action in these countries is the following: "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people; to fight for the immediate restoration of the competitive multiparty democracy in Uganda; to see an end to gross violation of human rights and dignity of Ugandans; to ensure the restoration of peace and security in Uganda, to ensure unity, sovereignty, and economic prosperity beneficial to all Ugandans, and to bring to an end the repressive policy of deliberate marginalization of groups of people who may not agree with the LRA ideology." Those are the objectives of the group that we are fighting, or who are being fought and we are joining in the effort to remove them from the battlefield.

It's pretty clear that Limbaugh knew very little about Kony during the airing of this show. However even at the end when he apparently gets some information to the contrary, he can't help but continue to hammer on the fact that LRA are Christians:

Is that right? The Lord's Resistance Army is being accused of really bad stuff? Child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff? Well, we just found out about this today. We're gonna do, of course, our due diligence research on it. But nevertheless we got a hundred troops being sent over there to fight these guys -- and they claim to be Christians.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: