http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 02:48:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jindal School Vouchers Called 'Destruction Of Education' By Religious Group  (Read 227 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2012, 05:43:19 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/bobby-jindal-school-voucher_n_1755449.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

The leader of a national multi-faith religious group blasted Republican Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's school voucher program this week, charging that it was an effort to mount a "ruthless attack on public education" and violate the separation of church and state.

In a letter to the governor, C. Welton Gaddy, a Baptist minister and President of the Interfaith Alliance, accused Jindal of initiating a program that “is bad for religious freedom and bad for public education as well as a blatant attack on the religious freedom clauses in the United States Constitution.”

Gaddy says Louisiana's sweeping new voucher system, ushered in by Jindal, is problematic because it uses state taxpayer dollars to offer vouchers to more than half of Louisiana’s public school students. These students can then use these vouchers to attend a number of religious learning institutions, some of which have been shown to teach extreme anti-science and anti-history curriculums.

“Let me be clear: I am not appalled that a Christian school is teaching its students that God created the Earth ... Children in my church learn that every Sunday," Gaddy said. “I am appalled that these schools are teaching theology as science, and they’re doing so with government money, my tax dollars."

"Teaching the theology of Creationism is part of the mission of religious schools, and religious education more broadly – I defend with my life’s work their right to teach future generations about their faith. But they should not receive financial support from our government to do so.”

so, the vouchers let the parents choose where to send their kids?  is it really the State's fault if they want their kids to attend these institutions?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:53:17 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 12:25:38 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 09, 2012, 05:43:19 AM

so, the vouchers let the parents choose where to send their kids?  is it really the State's fault if they want their kids to attend these institutions?

It's not the State's fault that bigots and morons want their kids to attend these institutions, but the State shouldn't be paying them to do it.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 12:51:58 PM »

I can't vouch for it's validity, but I came across this article that talked about some of the batshit insane things these kids will be taught in these "bible-based curriculums".

saywhat

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: