http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 08:48:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [USA] SHUTDOWN SHUTDOWN!!!!!! Sequel is in the works, slated for Q1 2014 release  (Read 9616 times)
Ironrod
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2013, 02:44:14 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd on September 30, 2013, 01:04:00 AM

The problem Gratch is that Obamacare does nothing to fix the real problems with the system which is the cost of medical care in the US.   It is just pushing more people into an already broken system.

What nobody at the federal level ever talks about is that universal coverage is only the first step. It will take another decade of reforms to bend the price curve downward. That little secret would make a lot of people go ballistic...for some reason we want to believe that Obamacare is the last word.

If Obamacare follows the same trajectory as Romneycare did in MA, healthcare and insurance prices will spike for a few years before settling back down. MA is just beginning to put an end to fee-for-service medicine after having universal coverage (98% insured, baby) for 7 years.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2013, 03:22:27 AM »

Meanwhile, the House has passed a continuing resolution on Sunday vis-à-vis Obamaare in which would delay the Affordable Care Act's implementation for one year and repeal the healthcare law's medical device tax. That resolution, like the first bill that defunded Obamacare, is also certain to be killed by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
Once the second bill is killed, Vitter’s plan takes the same amendment forcing the end to federal subsidies for the political class's health insurance and attaches it to the first defunding bill that was killed and sent back to the House. Then the House passes the bill, sends it back up to the Senate, and waits for the Senate to kill it again. One Democratic leadership aide has already said it probably wouldn’t even receive a chance to be voted on.
If the government shuts down, then, the Democrats will have forced it because they would not give up their de facto exemption from Obamacare. Vitter’s plan would show that after getting funding for every special interest they want, including Obamacare, Senate Democrats would not make a single, common-sense concession: tax dollars to insulate themselves from the very healthcare law they are forcing onto the country's working class.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/29/Vitter-s-Clever-Plan-for-Outmaneuvering-Dems-over-Obamacare

That would be interesting, hope they do it.
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2013, 06:35:49 AM »

Quote from: Rip on September 29, 2013, 09:05:23 PM

When you say I won't give an inch they will do the most hostile thing they have.

Why? Are they psychopaths?
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »

Quote from: Rip on September 30, 2013, 03:22:27 AM

Meanwhile, the House has passed a continuing resolution on Sunday vis-à-vis Obamaare in which would delay the Affordable Care Act's implementation for one year and repeal the healthcare law's medical device tax. That resolution, like the first bill that defunded Obamacare, is also certain to be killed by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
Once the second bill is killed, Vitter’s plan takes the same amendment forcing the end to federal subsidies for the political class's health insurance and attaches it to the first defunding bill that was killed and sent back to the House. Then the House passes the bill, sends it back up to the Senate, and waits for the Senate to kill it again. One Democratic leadership aide has already said it probably wouldn’t even receive a chance to be voted on.
If the government shuts down, then, the Democrats will have forced it because they would not give up their de facto exemption from Obamacare. Vitter’s plan would show that after getting funding for every special interest they want, including Obamacare, Senate Democrats would not make a single, common-sense concession: tax dollars to insulate themselves from the very healthcare law they are forcing onto the country's working class.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/29/Vitter-s-Clever-Plan-for-Outmaneuvering-Dems-over-Obamacare

You know the GOP are going to be the losers in this whole debacle.   Might end of paying for it like in 96 ask Newt how that went.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2013, 12:41:13 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on September 30, 2013, 01:04:00 AM

The problem Gratch is that Obamacare does nothing to fix the real problems with the system which is the cost of medical care in the US.   It is just pushing more people into an already broken system.

Except it does do things to help combat the spiraling cost of medical care.  Right now one of the big things that drive the increase of medical costs is that insurance companies and the medical profession use each other as rationalization for the increases.  Controls on the insurance side of things wont completely solve the issue but it is a start.  Its clear that we need to start somewhere, the fact that 60% of bankruptcies are due to insane medical bills shows that. 
Shutting down the government after youve lost at every turn is acting like a petulant child.  Rips to the death attitude shows just how disconnected and selfish this position is.  He would rather see millions of families face unnecessary economic strife, then allow the government the right to put a plan in place that just might benefit millions of people.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2013, 01:07:12 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 30, 2013, 12:41:13 PM

Shutting down the government after youve lost at every turn is acting like a petulant child.  Rips to the death attitude shows just how disconnected and selfish this position is.  He would rather see millions of families face unnecessary economic strife, then allow the government the right to put a plan in place that just might benefit millions of people.

The GOP's biggest fear is that Obamacare might actually work. 

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2013, 01:36:24 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on September 30, 2013, 01:07:12 PM

Exactly right.
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2013, 02:06:18 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on September 30, 2013, 01:07:12 PM

Yup.  Once Obamacare is implemented the Republicans will be pushing to re-implement recission, to re-introduce lifetime caps, to remove kids up to age 26 from their parents plans and to allow insurance companies to not cover pre-existing conditions.

No matter how unpopular the phrase "Obamacare" polls I can't imagine taking all that away will be any more popular.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2013, 05:09:07 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on September 29, 2013, 10:21:44 PM

Quote from: Autistic Angel on September 29, 2013, 04:17:23 PM

Quote from: pr0ner on September 29, 2013, 03:36:20 PM

Why would their Social Security checks be late?  Mandatory spending isn't stopped by a government shutdown.

The money to cover Social Security payments would still be authorized, but with 800,000 federal employees furloughed -- and the remaining "essential" personnel working without pay -- the system would be unable to review claims, process new ones, or correct for unexpected circumstances.  Short staffed?  Failed equipment?  Data error?  Sorry, the department that deals with that is closed this month.

That's one hell of a claim.  Can you cite proof for that?

No.  Any news article you can find will report that Social Security payments will be completely unaffected by a government shutdown.

The proof I cannot cite for you comes from a very good friend of mine who runs the payroll and retirement systems for his state's comptroller's office.  Among other things, he designs and maintains the databases that track things like disability claims and Social Security payments, and Medicare and Medicade compliance.   This puts him in almost daily contact with his federal counterparts, many of whom he's coordinated with since before the last time Republicans decided to shut down the government.

Officially, Gingrich's shutdown did not impact Social Security payments either.  Unofficially, my friend would tell you that requests for even the most routine information, things that might usually take an hour to complete, were almost immediately backlogged by days.  Not just during the shutdown, mind you, but for weeks after it was over.  You simply cannot ask an agency responsible for monitoring the work records of every American in the country to operate on a skeleton crew without expecting a hit in its efficiency.

Now, if I were you pr0ner, I would not think very much of that story and would dismiss it out of hand.   Like I said, I have no mechanism to prove it to you, and if you decide this is a foolish concern, I will not attempt to argue the point further.  There are many other demonstrable reasons why shutting down the government is a bad idea.  I'm just relaying the experience of someone who was there to observe the effects first-hand: this action has real consequences.

-Autistic Angel
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2013, 05:49:43 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on September 30, 2013, 05:09:07 PM

Unofficially, my friend would tell you that requests for even the most routine information, things that might usually take an hour to complete, were almost immediately backlogged by days.  Not just during the shutdown, mind you, but for weeks after it was over.  You simply cannot ask an agency...to operate on a skeleton crew without expecting a hit in its efficiency.

I work with most of the large civilian agencies and can vouch for this as well.  The most basic functions of all government agencies will be completely bogged down simply due to the lack of manpower to get things processed.

I'm confident that Tea Party types will seize the opportunity to point to these backlogs and delays as an example of government inefficiency.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2013, 05:54:45 PM »

It's a good thing there are no real-world consequences to these shutdown threats.  Oh, wait...

Two weeks after massive flooding damaged or destroyed nearly 20,000 homes and displaced tens of thousands of residents in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, members of Colorado’s congressional delegation are worried that a shutdown is delaying federal disaster relief.

But even repairs that can begin immediately are being delayed over the threat of a possible government shutdown. Members of the Utah National Guard will travel to Colorado Thursday to transport equipment to flood-ravaged areas, but work won’t begin until the shutdown threat is averted, or until the government reopens for business.

“Because of the uncertainty of budget constraints and a possible government shutdown, the 1457th [Engineer Battalion] will transport vehicles and equipment to work sites and then return to Utah. Once funding issues have been resolved, which is anticipated to be the first week of October, approximately 120 soldiers of the 1457th will return to Colorado to complete their mission,” the Utah National Guard said in a statement released late Tuesday.

Colorado should just quit bitching and pull itself up by the bootstraps, amirite?  John Boehner asks that you hold off any more disasters until they sort out this whole financing the government thingie.

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2013, 06:29:52 PM »

The real burning question is: Do I still have to file my 1040ES by 10/15? If there's nobody at the IRS to open envelopes....

th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »

I'm sick to death of Republicans holding our government hostage. I realize I am vastly oversimplifying things by stating it that way, but no matter how you look at it that's what this amounts to. Its supposed to be checks & balances, not gridlock. These fuckers need to do their fucking jobs.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2013, 07:41:19 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on September 30, 2013, 06:54:00 PM

These fuckers need to do their fucking jobs.
The scary thing is, that's what they think they're doing. Crippling the government is a feature, not a bug.
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2013, 07:47:19 PM »

Maybe if they would all start doing their jobs and actually do a budget properly instead of doing a CR for so long that the AP had the audacity to call it an otherwise routine funding bill.

We didn't get here overnight.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2013, 08:47:56 PM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on September 30, 2013, 07:41:19 PM

Quote from: th'FOOL on September 30, 2013, 06:54:00 PM

These fuckers need to do their fucking jobs.
The scary thing is, that's what they think they're doing. Crippling the government is a feature, not a bug.
The scarier thing is that's what their constituents elected them to do. Gumming up the works plays well in the peanut gallery.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2013, 10:34:14 PM »

Rip finds Breitbart.com an interesting and credible source for information.  You know: the site that breathlessly reports about political appointees with financial ties to terrorist organizations that don't exist.

Quote from: Rip on September 30, 2013, 12:10:35 AM

Pretty much ever fast food franchise has begun to limit employees to under thirty hours thereby making them part-time to avoid Obamacare mandated healthcare. So now many fast food employees are working at two different franchises in order to make enough hours, of course getting it all at regular time now instead of the overtime many of them used to get for hours over 40.

Rip's wife and daughter work for a fast food company where they can't make ends meet without piling on the overtime.  Sounds like grueling and under-appreciated work to me...but I wonder what Breitbart.com has to say about their desire for a living wage.

Quote from: Breitbart.com
Congressman Ellison and the fast food strikers ignore reality; not all jobs are designed to provide a living wage. The coddling that the left media and Democrats are giving the low-skilled workers as they stamp their feet and raise their picket signs isn't helping them adjust to the real world of supply and demand, where low skilled workers are easily replaced since there are so many of them.

For decades, fast food jobs have been considerd entry level or part time work; they are 'starter jobs' that teach basic work skills such as showing up on time, customer service and following basic instructions. For others, like retirees or Moms with kids in schoool, they have provided a way to be productive and bring in a little extra cash. Fast food work wasn't designed to be a career unless a worker wanted to show initiative and become a manager.

There's a fairly simple path to management for fast food workers with any such ambitions; do your job, show some responsibility, and most fast food restaurants provide a quick way to rise through the ranks. Many franchisees start this way.

Rip, your "news" site says your wife and daughter are low-skilled entitled brats who would be working full-time management positions if they could show up on time, follow basic instructions, and demonstrate a little responsibility. 

How do you respond to the portrayal of your family as a clot of leeches sucking the economy dry because they can't master even basic work skills, and do you agree with Breitbart.com that we should all ignore their plight because "the real world of supply and demand" has deemed them so worthless?

-Autistic Angel
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »

Next up on today's episode of 'There's No Way They Were Actually Stupid Enough To Say That', Rep Michelle Bachman talks about the potential government shutdown

“We’re very excited. It’s exactly what we wanted, and we got it.”

I know that's what they've been thinking all along, but to actually come out and say it?  That's some weapons-grade stupid right there.

With the debt ceiling fight quickly approaching, I found this rather amusing as well:

Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2013, 11:42:45 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on September 30, 2013, 10:34:14 PM

Rip finds Breitbart.com an interesting and credible source for information.  You know: the site that breathlessly reports about political appointees with financial ties to terrorist organizations that don't exist.

Quote from: Rip on September 30, 2013, 12:10:35 AM

Pretty much ever fast food franchise has begun to limit employees to under thirty hours thereby making them part-time to avoid Obamacare mandated healthcare. So now many fast food employees are working at two different franchises in order to make enough hours, of course getting it all at regular time now instead of the overtime many of them used to get for hours over 40.

Rip's wife and daughter work for a fast food company where they can't make ends meet without piling on the overtime.  Sounds like grueling and under-appreciated work to me...but I wonder what Breitbart.com has to say about their desire for a living wage.

Quote from: Breitbart.com
Congressman Ellison and the fast food strikers ignore reality; not all jobs are designed to provide a living wage. The coddling that the left media and Democrats are giving the low-skilled workers as they stamp their feet and raise their picket signs isn't helping them adjust to the real world of supply and demand, where low skilled workers are easily replaced since there are so many of them.

For decades, fast food jobs have been considerd entry level or part time work; they are 'starter jobs' that teach basic work skills such as showing up on time, customer service and following basic instructions. For others, like retirees or Moms with kids in schoool, they have provided a way to be productive and bring in a little extra cash. Fast food work wasn't designed to be a career unless a worker wanted to show initiative and become a manager.

There's a fairly simple path to management for fast food workers with any such ambitions; do your job, show some responsibility, and most fast food restaurants provide a quick way to rise through the ranks. Many franchisees start this way.

Rip, your "news" site says your wife and daughter are low-skilled entitled brats who would be working full-time management positions if they could show up on time, follow basic instructions, and demonstrate a little responsibility. 

How do you respond to the portrayal of your family as a clot of leeches sucking the economy dry because they can't master even basic work skills, and do you agree with Breitbart.com that we should all ignore their plight because "the real world of supply and demand" has deemed them so worthless?

-Autistic Angel

Breitbart is hardly my site. I is one of many sites I check out.

I would say they are right, fast food is a bottom feeding low end job. Thank the government education system for teaching my wife little to nothing. My daughter is just turning 18 so that is pretty much expected.

They weren't loading on overtime, they just enjoy picking up a little extra cash with the 5-10 hours of OT a week they could get, giving them 40-50 hours a week, now they are looking at nearly 60 hours a week for no more money.

That Friends of Hamas thng pales in comparison to things like O'Bagy getting citied by the administration and numerous news orgs when she didn't even really have a PhD. If I quit accepting news from sites that have occasionally gotten things totally wrong I would have no place else to get news from.

Funny thing is there is nothing credibility wise to even question in that story, it was simply reporting what everyone pretty much is, just for you I will post it from an MSNBC source next time as I imagine that is where you get your "factual" news.

Roll Eyes
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2013, 02:27:36 AM »

I'm sick to death of every single one of Republicans the idiots we elected holding our government hostage. I realize I am vastly oversimplifying things by stating it that way, but no matter how you look at it that's what this amounts to. Its supposed to be checks & balances, not gridlock. These fuckers need to do their fucking jobs.

Fixed
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2013, 04:16:22 AM »

It's 12:16am on the East Coast, and the United States Federal government has just shut down due to a lack of appropriation of funds.

The last twenty minutes have been crazy in the Capitol. My boss and I made it through one of the doors to Longworth as they were preparing to lock it down, as it will not be the door open during shutdown. The hallways were filled with cleaning folks trying to get the entire night's work done before most of the cleaning staff was furloughed at midnight. It's going to be a strange few days (hopefully only a few days) around here until this latest crisis is resolved.

Just in time for the debt limit showdown.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2013, 04:23:45 AM »

Quote from: Rip on September 30, 2013, 11:42:45 PM

Thank the government education system for teaching my wife little to nothing.

You're just trolling us now, right?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2013, 05:32:11 AM »

not sure if it is on purpose or not (it might be a holiday or something, fuck if I know), but Google's doodle for the day:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2013, 10:22:38 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 01, 2013, 05:32:11 AM

not sure if it is on purpose or not (it might be a holiday or something, fuck if I know), but Google's doodle for the day:

123rd Birthday for this park. They were talking about it on the news this morning

NiM$
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2013, 11:24:07 AM »

Insanity.  We are being governed by petulant children. 

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2013, 12:12:10 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 01, 2013, 05:32:11 AM

Now I see a mountain but I swear at first I could see a forlorn looking elephant in the second "o"  of Google. I thought for sure that was a comment in regards to the Republican party.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2013, 12:54:07 PM »

There IS an elephant there - I hope you guys make it through the crisis!

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2013, 02:21:45 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 01, 2013, 12:54:07 PM

we've already sold off Rhode Island and one of those square states out West.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2013, 02:57:32 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on October 01, 2013, 04:23:45 AM

Quote from: Rip on September 30, 2013, 11:42:45 PM

Thank the government education system for teaching my wife little to nothing.

You're just trolling us now, right?

She can barely read or write, you tell me.

As I said it has happened. Now we get to see how long it takes before they realize that they will have to compromise at least a little bit or it may last till next election or longer.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:01:02 PM by Rip » Logged
Isgrimnur

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 01, 2013, 02:21:45 PM

Quote from: Razgon on October 01, 2013, 12:54:07 PM

we've already sold off Rhode Island and one of those square states out West.

It got returned. Apparently it's not actually a square even on a flat projection, it's too lumpy, and the edges are curved due to the fact that it sits on a round object.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2013, 03:13:46 PM »

Quote from: Rip on October 01, 2013, 02:57:32 PM

As I said it has happened. Now we get to see how long it takes before they realize that they will have to compromise at least a little bit or it may last till next election or longer.

I have a rule - a law, as it were - in my house that Little B 4.6 doesn't get any cookies after breakfast.  When she throws a tantrum about this and refuses to go to school until she gets cookies, I don't compromise and give her one cookie.  In what would that make sense to do?  I tell her that those are the rules of the house and she needs to follow them.  Same principle applies here.

The ACA is law, whether the GOP likes it or not.  You lost the fight at every level up to and including the Supreme Court...get over it.  Throwing a temper tantrum that affects millions of people's livelihoods then crying because the big bad Dems won't compromise with you is absurd.  Thankfully, all but the derpiest of the citizenry is seeing it for what it is.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:16:26 PM by Gratch » Logged

Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2013, 03:23:29 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 01, 2013, 03:13:46 PM

Quote from: Rip on October 01, 2013, 02:57:32 PM

I have a rule - a law, as it were - in my house that Little B 4.6 doesn't get any cookies after breakfast.  When she throws a tantrum about this and refuses to go to school until she gets cookies, I don't compromise and give her one cookie.  In what would that make sense to do?  I tell her that those are the rules of the house and she needs to follow them.  Same principle applies here.

The ACA is law, whether the GOP likes it or not.  You lost the fight at every level up to and including the Supreme Court...get over it.  Throwing a temper tantrum that affects millions of people's livelihoods then crying because the big bad Dems won't compromise with you is absurd.  Thankfully, all but the derpiest of the citizenry is seeing it for what it is.

That is nice but you can make her go to school, you can't make the house pass the CR. So if you would be happy to let your kid miss school to keep her from having cookies this is right up your alley, but as long as she actually goes to school it doesn't apply.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2013, 03:31:59 PM »

Quote from: Rip on October 01, 2013, 03:23:29 PM

That is nice but you can make her go to school, you can't make the house pass the CR. So if you would be happy to let your kid miss school to keep her from having cookies this is right up your alley, but as long as she actually goes to school it doesn't apply.

And therein lies the problem.  The current situation is the equivalent of Little B pulling a gun on me and threatening to shoot unless I gave her cookies.

Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2013, 03:32:51 PM »

The House will pass a clean CR.

Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2013, 04:01:08 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 01, 2013, 03:31:59 PM

And therein lies the problem.  The current situation is the equivalent of Little B pulling a gun on me and threatening to shoot unless I gave her cookies.

Situation is what situation is, it didn't get there overnight in a vacuum.

As far as Little B, given the current situation, I would suggest you tread lightly.    icon_biggrin
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2013, 04:02:17 PM »

Quote from: Fireball1244 on October 01, 2013, 03:32:51 PM

By traitor?
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2013, 04:16:26 PM »

Quote from: Rip on October 01, 2013, 04:01:08 PM

Situation is what situation is, it didn't get there overnight in a vacuum.

You keep on saying this as if it somehow equivocates the two party's approaches.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2013, 04:27:00 PM »

As far as Little B, given the current situation, I would suggest you tread lightly.    icon_biggrin

icon_lol  Well played.

Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2013, 04:27:38 PM »

Quote from: Rip on October 01, 2013, 04:02:17 PM

By traitor?

There are already a handful of House Republicans who are calling for a clean continuing resolution. If enough of them vote against the next rule the leadership proposes regarding an unclean continuing resolution, they can block the rule. At that point, Boehner would have no choice but to bring up a clean CR, which would pass right this moment if there was a chance to vote for it.

If restarting the US government to avoid $150 million in daily costs, and the economic wallop of 800,000 people furloughed makes on a traitor, then, yes, "by traitor".

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2013, 04:50:29 PM »

Believe it when I see it.  Boehner can't even rein in his caucus when he needs too

NiM$
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: