http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 05:45:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Tea Party Dying Down?  (Read 266 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2012, 07:07:27 PM »

I hope not, they were always so entertaining.   I'm guessing it's only because it's still early in the year.

Perhaps the most important undercurrent in American politics that the Iowa Republican caucuses reveal is that the raging Tea Party enthusiasm fever of 2010 that led to historic Republican election victories has broken.

Participation in the Iowa Republican caucuses was strong. Over the past four years, participation in the Iowa Republican caucuses only slightly outpaced the state's population growth. Four years ago, 118,696 people participated in the Iowa Republican caucuses compared to 122,252 in 2012, an increase of 3.0%. Over this same period, the eligible population increased from 2.20 million to 2.25 million, an increase of 2.4%.

Not unexpected, turnout for the 2012 Democratic caucuses was significantly lower than 2008. The Iowa Democratic Party reports that "more than 25,000" people participated in the 2012 Democratic caucuses, compared to 236,000 in 2008.

But, participation in the Iowa Republican caucuses should have been stronger. If the Tea Party was still in full swing, we should have seen higher turnout propelled by their enthusiasm.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-p-mcdonald/the-tea-party-fever-has-b_b_1183794.html

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 03:36:59 AM »

They are victims of their own success. The obstructionist freshmen Republicans in the House, tea partiers all, are the reason our deadlocked Congress has record-low approval ratings.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 03:39:35 AM »

The congressional approval ratings were abysmal prior to them being elected. Nice try though.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 03:23:30 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on January 05, 2012, 03:39:35 AM

The congressional approval ratings were abysmal prior to them being elected. Nice try though.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Correction. They were low prior to them being elected. NOW they are abysmal.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 03:25:08 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on January 05, 2012, 03:39:35 AM

True - but they're even worse now

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »

Where were you on 18/11?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 06:20:37 PM »

Quote from: The Huffington Post
Not unexpected, turnout for the 2012 Democratic caucuses was significantly lower than 2008. The Iowa Democratic Party reports that "more than 25,000" people participated in the 2012 Democratic caucuses, compared to 236,000 in 2008.

What a bizarre factoid to drop in the middle of an unrelated article!  "Wow, read this, honey!  Democratic turnout in Iowa was way down!  I guess there really is a huge enthusiasm gap!"

The point Mr. McDonald forgets to make is that Democrats have no one to caucus for.  It's a non-binding opinion poll with only one name on the ballot.  They might as well be voting for which of Earth's moons they like the most.

-Autistic Angel
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 10:27:50 PM »

Good riddance!  How long until those newly elected get shown the door?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: