http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 12:38:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you hate Lou Dobbs?
Yes - 5 (25%)
No - 2 (10%)
Who? - 9 (45%)
Hate is not a strong enough word - 2 (10%)
Hate is too strong a word - 2 (10%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate Lou Dobbs  (Read 1830 times)
CSL
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2008, 12:07:09 AM »

I dislike the man intensely now-a-days, as his views as a populist are to me at best demagogic and xenophobic.

That and he awfully full of himself, especially with regards to his book, one that "the politicians don't want you to read." Honestly, what? What politician gives a damn about your shitty little book.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 12:10:10 AM »

I don't discriminate.  I hate everyone equally.

Seriously, when it comes to Dobbs, I think he prides himself on being a contrarian.  He's against everything, but I don't know that he's really for anything.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 02:43:52 PM »

Lou is like a lot of conservatives: he's only defined by what he hates, and doesn't really have any answers beyond expressing his dislike of things.

Sure, I like that he's not a fan of GWB, but he's like LaRouche- he's going to rail against whoever is in office, because they aren't him.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 03:21:36 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on January 26, 2008, 02:43:52 PM

Lou is like a lot of conservatives: he's only defined by what he hates, and doesn't really have any answers beyond expressing his dislike of things.

Um, you do realize you described yourself to a "T", don't you?  At least in terms of politics.  If you didn't have those evil conservatives to hate on, I imagine your post count would be halved.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 03:27:10 PM by Laner » Logged
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 08:42:36 PM »

Quote from: Laner on January 26, 2008, 03:21:36 PM

Quote from: unbreakable on January 26, 2008, 02:43:52 PM

Um, you do realize you described yourself to a "T", don't you?  At least in terms of politics.  If you didn't have those evil conservatives to hate on, I imagine your post count would be halved.

Oh wow, someone else bashing me.  How yawn inspiring.

So let's get this straight: to prove how much better than me you are, you reply to my statement about Dobbs (and conservatives in general) not being about anything but vacuous complaining... and make a vacuous complaint about me.

Yes, intellectual giants really do walk the earth.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:47:51 PM by unbreakable » Logged
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 10:10:23 PM »

I began hating Dobbs back during the Enron scandal.  As the scandal widened Dobbs was very vocal about his belief that while the execs should pay, the company needed to be kept afloat so that all the investors and employees would not be harmed.

He was on one day discussing the issue and had a professor on.  The professor was arguing that Enron should face the ultimate fate and be completely shut down, the idea being that sometimes unethical business behavior should result in something more than fines and a few execs losing their jobs.  Dobbs was incensed, and cut the interview off very quickly.

The next day I read a newspaper article that pointed out that Dobbs had deep connections to Enron.  He was on the board at some point or something like that.  He had never mentioned it.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: