http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 06:31:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm guessing Gov. Christie won't be back on Fox anytime soon  (Read 1125 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2012, 02:32:05 PM »

Not after he refused to play the politics game and give Romney praise right after talking about how exemplary Obama's response has been during Sandy.

It started when Steve Doocy said,

Over the last couple of months, you have appeared throughout the country, Governor, on behalf of Mitt RomneyÖ (W)e hear that perhaps Mr. Romney may do some storm-related events. Is there any possibility that Gov. Romney may go to New Jersey to tour some of the damage with you?

Christieís surprising answer:

I have no idea, nor am I the least bit concerned or interested. Iíve got a job to do here in New Jersey thatís much bigger than presidential politics and I could care less about any of that stuff. I have a job to do. Iíve got 2.4 million people out of power. Iíve got devastation on the shore. Iíve got floods in the northern part of my state. If you think right now I give a damn about presidential politics then you donít know me.

icon_lol 

Glad to see someone has their priorities straight.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:34:16 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 03:19:58 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 01, 2012, 02:32:05 PM

Not after he refused to play the politics game and give Romney praise right after talking about how exemplary Obama's response has been during Sandy.

Over the last couple of months, you have appeared throughout the country, Governor, on behalf of Mitt RomneyÖ (W)e hear that perhaps Mr. Romney may do some storm-related events. Is there any possibility that Gov. Romney may go to New Jersey to tour some of the damage with you?

I have no idea, nor am I the least bit concerned or interested. Iíve got a job to do here in New Jersey thatís much bigger than presidential politics and I could care less about any of that stuff. I have a job to do. Iíve got 2.4 million people out of power. Iíve got devastation on the shore. Iíve got floods in the northern part of my state. If you think right now I give a damn about presidential politics then you donít know me.

icon_lol 

I don't know much about Christie, but what little I have seen I like. He comes across as a very real person. Now if he would just lose some weight he could be a serious contender for the Presidential stage.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 03:38:48 PM »

Personally, I'd like to see what the Presidential Fitness Challenge would devolve to.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 03:47:04 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 01, 2012, 03:38:48 PM

Personally, I'd like to see what the Presidential Fitness Challenge would devolve to.

Year one of his presidency:  Vegetables are classed as "weaponized fauna".  Fried foods replaces vegetables and fruits in the food pyramid.  Food groups 1 through 4 reclassified with examples:

Meat (i.e. Bacon)
Dairy (i.e. Ice Cream)
Grains (i.e. pizza dough)
Vegetables and fruits (replaced by Fried Foods)

Year two of his presidency:  EVERYONE GET IN, WE'RE GOING TO OLD COUNTRY BUFFET!

Year three of his presidency:  Defibrillators given to every citizen under new "Get that heart REstarted!" plan.

Year four of his presidency:  the funeral

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 06:50:42 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 01, 2012, 03:47:04 PM

Year one of his presidency:  Vegetables are classed as "weaponized fauna".  Fried foods replaces vegetables and fruits in the food pyramid.  Food groups 1 through 4 reclassified with examples:

Meat (i.e. Bacon)
Dairy (i.e. Ice Cream)

Year two of his presidency:  EVERYONE GET IN, WE'RE GOING TO OLD COUNTRY BUFFET!

Year three of his presidency:  Defibrillators given to every citizen under new "Get that heart REstarted!" plan.

He's got my vote.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 02:52:59 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 01, 2012, 03:47:04 PM

Meat (i.e. Bacon)
Dairy (i.e. Ice Cream)

Don't forget the Chocolate Death Panels. smile
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 07:20:55 PM »

Don't forget the Chocolate Death Panels.

i believe you missed a very solid opportunity to go with the "death by chocolate" panels
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 01:28:50 AM »

Quote from: Scraper on November 01, 2012, 03:19:58 PM

Quote from: hepcat on November 01, 2012, 02:32:05 PM

icon_lol 

I don't know much about Christie, but what little I have seen I like. He comes across as a very real person. Now if he would just lose some weight he could be a serious contender for the Presidential stage.

Why the hell should his being overweight matter in making him a serious contender for the presidency?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 01:39:14 AM »

LOL. I will pretend this is not a typical brettmcd troll about weight.

You can be as PC as you like, but if you think image doesn't matter you're kidding yourself.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 01:56:48 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 09, 2012, 01:39:14 AM

You can be as PC as you like, but if you think image doesn't matter you're kidding yourself.

Thinking that people shouldnt be negatively judged and humiliated because of their appearance and or weight is trolling now?   Grow up.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 02:11:10 AM »

Well, the last president who was overweight was Taft. So yeah, it does matter that Christie is pudgy. That doesn't mean he's unelectable by any means, it's just that being a fatty fatty boombalatty is going to make it more difficult.
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 02:42:56 AM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on November 09, 2012, 02:11:10 AM

Well, the last president who was overweight was Taft. So yeah, it does matter that Christie is pudgy. That doesn't mean he's unelectable by any means, it's just that being a fatty fatty boombalatty is going to make it more difficult.

Why should it matter thought?   What specifically about a person being overweight makes them somehow unfit to be president for some people?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 02:45:11 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd on November 09, 2012, 01:56:48 AM

Thinking that people shouldnt be negatively judged and humiliated because of their appearance and or weight is trolling now?   Grow up.

No, trolling is not posting for 2 months and driving by with a stereotypical OUTRAGED post that ignores reality and the intent of the original poster.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 02:47:12 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd on November 09, 2012, 02:42:56 AM

Why should it matter thought?   What specifically about a person being overweight makes them somehow unfit to be president for some people?

You'll have to ask the people who haven't nominated or elected a chubby president since Taft. You're right, it shouldn't matter, but to the electorate it does for some weird reason.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 02:47:52 AM »

Wait... I'm forgetting that Clinton had an affinity for McDonalds, and they raked him over the coals for it.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 02:53:47 AM »

Well, aside from their higher propensity towards, you know, dying, I suppose nothing makes them unfit.  But being fat *does* make them undesirable.  Them's the breaks, yo.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 02:55:10 AM »

Why should it matter thought?   What specifically about a person being overweight makes them somehow unfit to be president for some people?

Thing is, McCain was attacked for having saggy old-man-balls and might not live through the next 4 years. The concern with an overweight person is the perception built by the AMA that overweight = major heart attack risk, and isn't a defensible position that any party is willing to go to bat with, unless that person comes with some serious credit that far outweighs their bottom line.  

Frankly, adipose tissue and a wild love for booze and cigars didn't stop Winston Churchill from being a kickass leader.

The only concern is health (rather than citizenship Tongue).

See, that there? That was trolling. slywink

But if he _does_ run, they need to use the tagline:

Mister Christie, you eat good cookies.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 02:56:00 AM »

You could always tell that Ted Kennedy was going to run for reelection when he lost weight.

Personally, I think the war on obesity begins with war on the obese. They must be shunned at all levels. They should not be given jobs, medical care, housing, or food. Especially not food.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 04:21:51 AM »

he's twice the man Obama is.

no, literally, he's twice the man:

come into my parlor.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 11:25:06 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on November 09, 2012, 01:56:48 AM

Thinking that people shouldnt be negatively judged and humiliated because of their appearance and or weight is trolling now?   Grow up.

Seriously Brett, face reality here. Becoming president is all about making people feel good about you and making them have a positive image about you. It is very hard for people to have a positive image about obese people. Call it unfair, call it whatever. It's reality. The dude is WAY over weight. If he wants to run for President (I hope he does) then he needs to lose some weight. He doesn't have to be Paul Ryan fit, but he needs to at least be no worse than Jack Black.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 04:25:04 PM »

No he really doesnt and shouldnt have to just to get someone to vote for him, unless people are complete assholes.     Obama smokes, that is a very unhealthy activity, should a person not have voted for him because of that?  This reality you speak of on this needs to change, just because a person is overweight doesnt make them any less able to be a leader.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:27:28 PM by brettmcd » Logged
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 06:40:17 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on November 10, 2012, 04:25:04 PM

No he really doesnt and shouldnt have to just to get someone to vote for him, unless people are complete assholes.     Obama smokes, that is a very unhealthy activity, should a person not have voted for him because of that?  This reality you speak of on this needs to change, just because a person is overweight doesnt make them any less able to be a leader.

Good luck changing reality on that. I wish you all the best.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 03:07:32 AM »

Why should it matter thought?   What specifically about a person being overweight makes them somehow unfit to be president for some people?
Fat people are more likely to keel over and die? Most people like to think that a Presidential figure should somehow be better than themselves on every level and they don't want someone who looks like they spend their time eating bags of chips on the couch in front of the TV? Americans won't elect a president without nice hair-do you really think they're going to elect a fatty? Come on.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 07:52:08 AM »

Its exactly the same as in job interviews - Obese people are less likely to be offered a job than if they were slim. There are several reasons for this, but mainly its because people in general think its the obese persons own fault that they are in the state they are, i.e. its a character flaw that is clearly visible. If you have two candidates, one with a visible character flaw, and one without, you will likely choose the one without.

A new one
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 08:44:36 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 11, 2012, 07:52:08 AM

Its exactly the same as in job interviews - Obese people are less likely to be offered a job than if they were slim. There are several reasons for this, but mainly its because people in general think its the obese persons own fault that they are in the state they are, i.e. its a character flaw that is clearly visible. If you have two candidates, one with a visible character flaw, and one without, you will likely choose the one without.

And this is bullshit and discrimination when and if someone does such a thing.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd on November 11, 2012, 08:44:36 AM

You're right. Being fat is something your born with and as such it's completely out of their control.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »

I don't feel like Chris Christie's morbid obesity would influence my vote one way or the other.

This would.

Quote from: NJ.com
Gov. Chris Christie arrived at his son's baseball game this afternoon aboard a State Police helicopter.

Right before the lineup cards were being exchanged on the field, a noise from above distracted the spectators as the 55-foot long helicopter buzzed over trees in left field, circled the outfield and landed in an adjacent football field. Christie disembarked from the helicopter and got into a black car with tinted windows that drove him about a 100 yards to the baseball field.

During the 5th inning, Christie and First Lady Mary Pat Christie got into the car, rode back to the helicopter and left the game. During a pitching change, play was stopped for a couple of minutes while the helicopter took off.

Oh wait, let me do a find/replace on a couple names and go post this in ATB's thread on hypothetical Obama scandals.

-Autistic Angel
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 01:52:33 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 11, 2012, 11:28:00 AM

Quote from: brettmcd on November 11, 2012, 08:44:36 AM

You're right. Being fat is something your born with and as such it's completely out of their control.

In many  cases it is, but there are also a lot of cases where obesity is the result of a chronic disease. There is also the genetic aspect of it, and social aspect as well.

To just assume its because the person has no self discipline is exactly the wrong thing to do, but its something most people do automatically. 

I don't normally agree with Brett on anything but he is right here, it's discrimination.

A new one
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 02:35:02 PM »

Well an election is essentially a popularity contest so I can't see anyone enforcing anti-discrimination laws for that. No doubt if Christie tries to get a job as a customer service representative then he'll suffer no indignities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: