http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 02:32:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to write a 300 page book on a 1 page topic  (Read 6055 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2011, 10:50:06 PM »

sorry, got to fight you on that one.  there's only one of us fit for such a task, one filled with so much compassion, such goodwill and giving and caring he'd be perfect for the job.

Spoiler for Hiden:
gellar

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2011, 11:33:28 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 22, 2011, 10:43:45 PM

Listen, when Zeke comes back...and we all know it's a matter of when, not if...we need to create a new role for someone here on GT.  

The Zeke Whisperer.  

This person will be in charge of talking him down when he gets that frustrated.  

We will pay him in used tires and gummi bears.

...I nominate brettmcd.

I appreciate your consideration of me for this role but I would have to politely decline such a role as it would.....   Wait did you say gummi bears.....   Ill get back to you.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 23, 2011, 11:43:06 AM »

The Zeke Whisperer. AWESOME.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 25, 2011, 01:37:42 AM »

I have been entertained.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 27, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »

Obama sent in the military and held the government of Hawaii at gunpoint, but they have finally released the long form of his birth certificate. Congratz birthers you got your wish. What will you complain about next?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 27, 2011, 01:42:33 PM »

Thank you for putting this stupid thing to rest. Now on to the next Tea Bag, I mean Party, non-issue, Obama is a MUSLIM. RUN AND HIDE, kids get under your desk.  icon_twisted

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 27, 2011, 01:43:11 PM »

okay, I jumped over the passages where people were figthing like crazy, but remind me again... WHY is it so important where Obama was born? Isnt he a US citizen no matter what soil was beneath his mother when she gave birth?

A new one
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 27, 2011, 01:48:15 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on April 27, 2011, 01:43:11 PM

okay, I jumped over the passages where people were figthing like crazy, but remind me again... WHY is it so important where Obama was born? Isnt he a US citizen no matter what soil was beneath his mother when she gave birth?

In short, our Constitution requires that you be a natural citizen in order to be the President. I.E. you weren't a citizen of any other country prior to being a citizen of the U.S.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 27, 2011, 01:52:38 PM »

It's a technicality. It has to do with what the law was at the time he was born and the fact that his mother was only 18. If she was 21 at the time, it would have met the requirement (had to have been living in the US for at least 5 years following her 16th birthday).

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 27, 2011, 01:54:28 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on April 27, 2011, 01:48:15 PM

In short, our Constitution requires that you be a natural citizen in order to be the President. I.E. you weren't a citizen of any other country prior to being a citizen of the U.S.

Ah, like how Schwarzenegger isnt able to become President, like Sylvester Stallone makes a jab at in his Demolition Man? See, you CAN learn from movies ;-)

A new one
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 27, 2011, 02:03:11 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on April 27, 2011, 01:35:26 PM

Congratz birthers you got your wish. What will you complain about next?

On the certificate, there's some stray ink in the space where it lists if someone is a triplet.  Could Obama have two secret, identical siblings?  And if so, how, exactly, are we supposed to know which one is in the White House?  What if they all are?

Drop the BS, Mr. Presidents.  I can't consider any of you my leader without detailed photos of your mothers' uterus, so I can personally inspect them for the trauma normally associated with multiple births. Until then, you tri-bastards better stay off the ballot in my state!

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 27, 2011, 02:04:18 PM »

it's only a model.

Because I can,
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 27, 2011, 02:46:09 PM »

Shkspr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 27, 2011, 02:54:46 PM »

Well, of COURSE Obama could release his birth certificate NOW.  Keeping that thing private isn't going to prevent identity theft now that the hackers have his PSN account information.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 27, 2011, 02:56:11 PM »

his mother's name was Stanley?

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: April 27, 2011, 02:58:24 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 27, 2011, 02:56:11 PM

Isn't everybody's?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 27, 2011, 03:06:41 PM »

Quote from: Purge on April 27, 2011, 02:58:24 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 27, 2011, 02:56:11 PM

Isn't everybody's?

mine was 01100111 01100101 01101111 01110010 01100111 01101001 01100001 01101110 01101110 01100001.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 27, 2011, 03:17:32 PM »

And the scumbag Trump feels proud about being a scumbag.

The man continuously displays an almost psychotic break from reality when it comes to narcissism.  He could kill a hooker and eat her remains and the next day he'd simply release a press statement praising himself for helping to clean up the streets and for being a leader in the field of conservation.  

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 27, 2011, 03:46:19 PM »

If only he waited one more day.  Then Zeke could have said I TOLD YOU SO Tongue
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 27, 2011, 03:59:59 PM »

Quote from: naednek on April 27, 2011, 03:46:19 PM

If only he waited one more day.  Then Zeke could have said I TOLD YOU SO Tongue

Maybe Zeke was spending his little vacation getting on the Prez's case.

Ale
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: April 27, 2011, 04:01:17 PM »

In a way, the birthers are vindicated. He could have released it earlier if he'd really tried.

Ale
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 27, 2011, 04:32:28 PM »

I'm disappointed in this development of the President releasing his birth certificate. I rathered the racist right crying about where the President was born and marginalizing themselves into 'crazy', as opposed to being pissed off someone is building a mosque 10 blocks from ground zero, and being hypocritical in regards to their loyalty to the constitution.
I wonder what the next 'bigtime' weapon of mass distraction will be to get the teabaggers fired up will be. I'm praying it will be a legit one like getting fired up at Goldman Sachs robbing our country of billions. Heck, I wish ANYONE with a major voice would get on this topic.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 27, 2011, 04:39:49 PM »

Michael Ian Black Tweets: "Birth certificate/smirth certificate, here's the thing that's actually troubling me about Obama: he's black."
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 27, 2011, 05:43:30 PM »

Ah, the song of idiots.

p.s. by the way, zeke's posting over at OO now.  when's his temp ban over?  this thread isn't complete without his input on the birth certificate being produced. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 05:54:18 PM by hepcat » Logged

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: April 27, 2011, 05:59:39 PM »

You see the patchwork on his scalp? Look forward to fantastic governing. Roll Eyes

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 27, 2011, 06:19:25 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 27, 2011, 03:17:32 PM

And the scumbag Trump feels proud about being a scumbag.

The man continuously displays an almost psychotic break from reality when it comes to narcissism.  He could kill a hooker and eat her remains and the next day he'd simply release a press statement praising himself for helping to clean up the streets and for being a leader in the field of conservation.  

Trump Unable To Produce Certificate Proving He's Not A Festering Pile Of Shit

Flatlander
Gaming Trend Reader

Mayhem like me

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 27, 2011, 08:25:58 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 27, 2011, 05:43:30 PM

Thanks a lot, Tea Party.   I used to be able to call myself a Patriotic American without people thinking I'm a fucking lunatic.   You've hijacked love of Country and turned it into a political conspiracy theory.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 27, 2011, 09:31:58 PM »

You can't make this stuff up.

Quote from: MSNBC
In a statement after Obama spoke, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus called the issue a distraction — and yet blamed Obama for playing campaign politics by addressing it.

"The president ought to spend his time getting serious about repairing our economy," Priebus said. "Unfortunately his campaign politics and talk about birth certificates is distracting him from our number one priority — our economy."

-Autistic Angel
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 28, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »

I know this really pisses off the birthers and other folks who claim that Obama's birth place was in question, and that it's become a knee jerk response to these allegations in some circles, but I actually do believe that the impetus for much of the debate is steeped in racism.  

We've had about 5 previous presidents with at least one immigrant parent.  At no point in history do I recall ever reading about a controversy over a president's place of birth before Obama though.  Maybe I just haven't come across any stories of controversy in this area, but in the back of my mind I can't help but think that maybe this is because we now have a president who is so obviously NOT white?  

And before anyone accuses me of using a broad paintbrush to paint all anti-Obama folks as racists, I just want to stress that I don't believe that everyone who was involved in the whole birther debacle is racist...

...no, they're just not terribly bright.   icon_wink

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: April 28, 2011, 02:36:19 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 28, 2011, 01:08:11 PM

We've had about 5 previous presidents with at least one immigrant parent.  At no point in history do I recall ever reading about a controversy over a president's place of birth before Obama though.

How far back were those? Hospital births didn't start to become normal until after WW2. Earlier generations were born at home without documentation. Proving one's age didn't become important until social security was introduced. So if you're going back beyond the second half of the 20th century, birth records were based on hearsay.

My dad's birth certificate (issued many years after the fact) said he was born in 1924. His mother claimed that 1922 was right. He maintained that he got screwed out of two years of social security due to a bureaucratic error. We were never sure exactly how old he was.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 28, 2011, 03:30:05 PM »

And before anyone accuses me of using a broad paintbrush to paint all anti-Obama folks as racists, I just want to stress that I don't believe that everyone who was involved in the whole birther debacle is racist...

I'm sure they will appreciate your generosity in not calling them all racists, but instead that they're all stupid.  icon_twisted

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 28, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »

Fox News had a whole slew of "experts" on yesterday trying to point out that the certificate is a fake. I hope they keep going down that path because it makes them look even more insane than most people already think they are.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 28, 2011, 04:08:33 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on April 28, 2011, 03:52:35 PM

Fox News had a whole slew of "experts" on yesterday trying to point out that the certificate is a fake. I hope they keep going down that path because it makes them look even more insane than most people already think they are.

You should see that birthers.org site today. Apparently Obama has simply fallen into their "trap".

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 28, 2011, 04:14:39 PM »

well it's only a piece of paper, and you can put anything you want on paper.

stirthepot

Because I can,
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 28, 2011, 05:09:54 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on April 28, 2011, 03:30:05 PM

I'm sure they will appreciate your generosity in not calling them all racists, but instead that they're all stupid.  icon_twisted

I would settle for calling them 'incredibly obstinate in the face of overwhelming facts'

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 28, 2011, 05:17:26 PM »

Too many words.  "Willfully ignorant."

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 28, 2011, 05:27:55 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on April 28, 2011, 03:30:05 PM

I'm sure they will appreciate your generosity in not calling them all racists, but instead that they're all stupid.  icon_twisted

well, to be fair...not ALL of them are either racists or stupid...

...some of them are mentally handicapped.

Quote from: Teggy on April 28, 2011, 04:08:33 PM

You should see that birthers.org site today. Apparently Obama has simply fallen into their "trap".

icon_lol priceless!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 05:32:44 PM by hepcat » Logged

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 28, 2011, 06:05:38 PM »

Wow.  That site is a level of derpiness that I can't even begin to comprehend.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Flatlander
Gaming Trend Reader

Mayhem like me

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 28, 2011, 07:16:20 PM »

Did anyone seriously think they wouldn't immediately move the goal posts?  Engaging hard core conspiracy theorists and trying to deal with them like rational people only lends them unearned credibility.  What everyone else views as evidence of President Obama's birth actually occuring in a Honolulu Hospital is to the Birthers just more evidence of the vast evil conspiracy only they can see. (why did he release it now? I know in my Patriot's heart it is a fake.  I have information from an unnamed Patriot source that there is a printing press similar to the one used to create 1960's era Hawaiian Vital documents located somewhere in the depths of uncharted Canada!  The serial number is lower than one issued a day earlier so that means it a fake because stacks of forms never get shuffled. etc etc)

Talking to the Birthers is just like trying to reason with the folks who believe in Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster or the great Leprechaun Invasion of 1974.     
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 28, 2011, 07:27:33 PM »

I had an uncle that lost a leg to those blasted Leprechauns!  Don't you dare try to tell me that it never happened!  You're a part of the government's conspiracy to cover up that war and the existence of the Wee Folk, those bastards!

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: