http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 03:58:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how come we're not attacking syria?  (Read 10575 times)
Autistic Angel
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2013, 10:57:54 AM »

Quote from: ATB on September 16, 2013, 01:44:30 PM

Measuring compliance is likely going to be incredibly difficult unless Russia just says they're complying even if they're not.

Quote from: brettmcd on September 17, 2013, 01:43:13 AM

If you trust Putin and the Syrians.   I sure as hell don't trust either of them.

Then it's very fortunate that Russia will not be in charge of the disarmament.  That responsibility is slated for the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, an international body formed out of all the countries which have signed and ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention.  It employs inspectors from all over the world, including the United States, and you can find a rundown of its current Executive Council here.

Will this plan work?  I have no earthly idea, but since everyone involved seems to be on board and it's the best solution I can possibly imagine, I think we should give it a shot.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves.  I'm sorry.  brettmcd, you were about to give your first reason on why this current course of action is such an outrageous "failure of leadership"?

-Autistic Angel
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 17, 2013, 06:54:18 PM »

Already given that reason.   That you haven't bothered to read it isn't my problem.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 17, 2013, 10:21:55 PM »

Read and answered, in fact.

Is this really going to be the extent of your rebuttal?  Obama bad, facts be damned?

-Autistic Angel
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 18, 2013, 01:10:45 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd on September 16, 2013, 10:06:54 AM

He never should have made his 'don't cross this line' bullshit to begin with.     That is the problem.   

You don't really understand foreign policy at all, do you?
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 18, 2013, 04:12:19 AM »

Quote from: Alefroth on September 18, 2013, 01:10:45 AM

Quote from: brettmcd on September 16, 2013, 10:06:54 AM

He never should have made his 'don't cross this line' bullshit to begin with.     That is the problem.   

You don't really understand foreign policy at all, do you?

Far far more then you and AA ever will.   But again my cat has more knowledge then the two of you on any number of subjects.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: September 18, 2013, 06:08:32 AM »

I would like to have a few beers with your cat.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 18, 2013, 06:56:48 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on September 18, 2013, 06:08:32 AM

She is a very cool cat.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 18, 2013, 12:38:30 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod

You had me at beers and lost me at cat.
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 18, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »

Fine, then you cannot be part of the feline beer summit.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 18, 2013, 11:42:56 PM »

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 20, 2013, 09:22:37 AM »

Russia planning on offering 'evidence' rebels used chemical weapons.

Regardless of who used them, I still say it's not in our national security interest to get involved in another civil war in the middle east, especially if the Assad regime follows through with destroying their chemical weapons.

Following Monday’s U.N. report on the findings of chemical weapons inspectors in Syria, the question no longer appears to be if chemical weapons were used in Syria last month, but who used them?

The U.S. and other western allies have a quick answer: the Syrian government. But, on Wednesday, the BBC reports, Russian Foreign Ministers Sergei Lavrov plans to present evidence to the Security Council “implicating Syrian rebels in a chemical attack" on August 21st. Russia Today, however, goes one step further reporting that, according to Lavrov, “Russia will provide the UN Security Council with data proving that the chemical weapons near Damascus were used by the opposition.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/09/18/russia_s_foreign_minister_says_there_s_evidence_syrian_rebels_used_chemical.html

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 20, 2013, 11:22:42 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 20, 2013, 09:22:37 AM

Russia planning on offering 'evidence' rebels used chemical weapons.

Regardless of who used them, I still say it's not in our national security interest to get involved in another civil war in the middle east, especially if the Assad regime follows through with destroying their chemical weapons.

Following Monday’s U.N. report on the findings of chemical weapons inspectors in Syria, the question no longer appears to be if chemical weapons were used in Syria last month, but who used them?

The U.S. and other western allies have a quick answer: the Syrian government. But, on Wednesday, the BBC reports, Russian Foreign Ministers Sergei Lavrov plans to present evidence to the Security Council “implicating Syrian rebels in a chemical attack" on August 21st. Russia Today, however, goes one step further reporting that, according to Lavrov, “Russia will provide the UN Security Council with data proving that the chemical weapons near Damascus were used by the opposition.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/09/18/russia_s_foreign_minister_says_there_s_evidence_syrian_rebels_used_chemical.html
interesting.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 20, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »

Al-Qaida militants capture town in northern Syria

Yet the jihadis, including members of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, an al-Qaida offshoot, have been some of the most effective forces on the battlefield, fighting alongside the Western-backed Free Syrian Army to capture military facilities, strategic installations and key neighborhoods in cities such as Aleppo and Homs.

But the two sides have turned their guns on each other. Turf wars and retaliatory killings have evolved into ferocious battles in what has effectively become a war within a war in northern and eastern Syria, leaving hundreds dead on both sides.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: