http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 08:30:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hillary sent me an email . . .  (Read 1074 times)
Sarkus
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2008, 07:07:03 PM »

. . . to say she's quitting on Saturday!  Apparently my aborted attempt to register on her website the other night to tell her to quit the race added me to her database.

Here's the email:

Dear Miles,

I wanted you to be one of the first to know: on Saturday, I will hold an event in Washington D.C. to thank everyone who has supported my campaign. Over the course of the last 16 months, I have been privileged and touched to witness the incredible dedication and sacrifice of so many people working for our campaign. Every minute you put into helping us win, every dollar you gave to keep up the fight meant more to me than I can ever possibly tell you.

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise.

When I decided to run for president, I knew exactly why I was getting into this race: to work hard every day for the millions of Americans who need a voice in the White House.

I made you -- and everyone who supported me -- a promise: to stand up for our shared values and to never back down. I'm going to keep that promise today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life.

I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the party behind Senator Obama. The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise.

I know as I continue my lifelong work for a stronger America and a better world, I will turn to you for the support, the strength, and the commitment that you have shown me in the past 16 months. And I will always keep faith with the issues and causes that are important to you.

In the past few days, you have shown that support once again with hundreds of thousands of messages to the campaign, and again, I am touched by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I can never possibly express my gratitude, so let me say simply, thank you.

Sincerely,

Hillary Rodham Clinton

eek

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Dan_Theman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 07:34:48 PM »

What, no "Hugs & Kisses" like the one I got?  Hrm ...  paranoid
Two Sheds
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 07:49:45 PM »

Weird. Mine said that she'll always remember the time we had together, but even though she loves me, she's not in love with me.
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 07:53:47 PM »

Mine said she's recently come into $23,000,000 (twenty three million) dollars and needs my help getting it out of her country.  All I need to do is send her my banking and personal information, along with a check for $1850 for bank processing fees.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 07:54:20 PM »

One thing that's interesting is the "hundreds of thousands of messages" statement.  Sounds like she didn't get the huge response she may have been expecting.

I think most people, including most of her supporters, are ready to move on.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 08:48:09 PM »

Quote from: mb737 on June 05, 2008, 07:53:47 PM

Mine said she's recently come into $23,000,000 (twenty three million) dollars and needs my help getting it out of her country.  All I need to do is send her my banking and personal information, along with a check for $1850 for bank processing fees.

Ok, I had to laugh at that one. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 12:32:05 AM »

I'm trying not to take personally the one she sent to me.  Really, the size of ... I mean, the average is...

never mind.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: