http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 11:52:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey, you stupid !@#@#! Hatians, it's YOUR fault  (Read 1176 times)
Darkstar One
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2010, 10:59:39 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/index.html

Guess they shouldn't have sworn that pact with Satan, huh?

Seriously, is there anyone in this country stupid enough to believe this senile old a*****e's rants at this point?

Wait, this is America, 2010.  Don't answer that.

Seriously, though, I'd love to see him say that to the faces of the poor suffering people he's talking about.  Oh wait, that's right, it's easier to be a moron in your TV studio.

F**k you, Pat Robertson.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 05:21:41 PM »

Can't get get back to when these guys were admitting they were weak and screwing prostitutes?  I pine for the good old days...

I don't know how he can call himself a Christian if he can so easily turn his back on the suffering of others. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 08:23:35 PM »

That scumbag Rush is back at it.  I want to punch him in the face, with bullets. 

LIMBAUGH: Would you trust the money’s gonna go to Haiti?

CALLER: No.

LIMBAUGH: But would you trust that your name is gonna end up on the mailing list for the Obama people to start asking you for campaign donations for him and other causes?

CALLER: Absolutely.

LIMBAUGH: Absolutely right.

CALLER: That’s the point.

LIMBAUGH: Besides, we’ve already donated to Haiti. It’s called the U.S. income tax.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 08:48:56 PM »

Even the lefty idiots chime in:

Danny Glover says the Haiti quake is what happens when we screw up the Copenhagen climate summit.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 08:54:26 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on January 15, 2010, 08:48:56 PM

Jet Li's kick really effed him up.

As for Pat, if they had made a deal with the devil to live there, then why no zombie plague? It sounds like god might be killing non-followers - sure doesn't sound like someone I want to worship. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 09:01:03 PM »

It's not entirely clear, but I don't think he meant that lack of success at the summit caused the earthquake. He starts saying how poor island nations could be in danger because of climate change (rising water levels and severe weather, I suppose) and then is showing this an example of the kind of devastation that could happen to a poor nation, and by doing very little at the summit, it remains a danger. Or he thinks that the failure at the summit caused the earthquake, in which case he's cuckoo.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 06:04:19 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 15, 2010, 09:01:03 PM

It's not entirely clear, but I don't think he meant that lack of success at the summit caused the earthquake. He starts saying how poor island nations could be in danger because of climate change (rising water levels and severe weather, I suppose) and then is showing this an example of the kind of devastation that could happen to a poor nation, and by doing very little at the summit, it remains a danger. Or he thinks that the failure at the summit caused the earthquake, in which case he's cuckoo.

He was quoted as saying that he "May be too old for this shit". 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 06:15:11 PM »

Didn't he say that before Thursday of last week? I'm pretty sure it was from the first 48 hours. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 09:24:07 PM »

Meh. Most of the 'evangelical christians' that have any platform are rather deluded.

Oh and as for Limbaugh. I'm not sure out of context that makes any sense...but is he saying donations to haiti will go to obama?

Or that anyone who gives to haiti is a liberal?
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 10:11:07 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on January 18, 2010, 09:24:07 PM

Oh and as for Limbaugh. I'm not sure out of context that makes any sense...but is he saying donations to haiti will go to obama?

Or that anyone who gives to haiti is a liberal?

He's suggesting to his audience that President Obama is going to steal donations intended for Haiti.  Roger Ebert's open letter to Limbaugh included the necessary context:

Quote from: The Rush Limbaugh Show
Justin of Raleigh, North Carolina: "Why does Obama say if you want to donate some money, you could go to whitehouse.gov to direct you how to do so? If I wanted to donate to the Red Cross, why do I have to go to the White House page to donate?"

Limbaugh: "Exactly. Would you trust the money's gonna go to Haiti?"

Justin: "No."

Rush: "But would you trust that your name's gonna end up on a mailing list for the Obama people to start asking you for campaign donations for him and other causes?"

Justin: "Absolutely!"

Limbaugh: "Absolutely!"

At the time of this insinuation, the Haitian Donations link at WhiteHouse.gov pointed directly to the relevant page at RedCross.org.  Today, it goes instead to the Clinton-Bush Haiti Fund.  Nonetheless, today Limbaugh again warned his audience against donating through WhiteHouse.gov because of an unnamed study he read about welfare expenditures ten years ago.

Limbaugh also dismissed the crisis as an opportunity for Obama to burnish his credibility with the "light-skinned and dark-skinned black community," wondered aloud if he'd apologize for America, and today, he warmly welcomed his audience to "Week Two of Obama's Haiti Crisis."

My local conservative talk show host has been having a lot of fun with the Haitian catastrophe.  Last week, he talked with his audience about how Haiti is a "liberal paradise; an entire country of poor minorities demanding hand-outs from the U.S. taxpayers rather than taking responsibility for their own hardships."  One memorable caller angrily demanded to know why the Liberal Media was so hellbent on covering this story when all those "Haties" have to do is dig out food from collapsed grocery stores to eat while they rebuild.

So really, it's just a typical week in conservative talk radio.

-Autistic Angel
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 09:53:13 PM »

And political rhetoric CONTINUES to be indistinguishable from satire of political rhetoric.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: