http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 05:01:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Health Care reform  (Read 1551 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2013, 01:58:13 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 05, 2013, 12:13:43 AM

I love watching Eco get repeatedly schooled by folks on a forum he says is full of stupid people.  He's like a toddler trying to explain gravity to an adult.   icon_lol

Oh back with petty immature insults.  Sticking with the playbook at least.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2013, 02:33:00 AM »

icon_lol

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2013, 03:23:25 AM »

Of course it's political. Everything about this law has been political from the start. The administration apparently decided that the political blowback from implementing the penalties on time over employers' objections was worse than the blowback from delaying them for a year. The midterms obviously must've been part of that calculation. The administration chose what it thinks is the lesser of two evils.

As for why the ACA keeps blundering into one hurdle after another...that's political too. We wouldn't even have this thread if everybody was cooperating to make it work as well as possible. The people who are gloating over this latest development are the same ones determined to make it fail. That's not a reflection on the law itself. That's just more politics.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2013, 03:35:15 AM »

Eco seems to be saying that its political in that it was delayed to win/save votes for democrats. I wouldn't deny there is probably something to that, but that is a minor factor.

It is very much political in that it this is been fought tooth and nail, creating problems for getting things done.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2013, 06:26:47 AM »

I agree with Eco: Of course this is a political calculation by the Dems. So what? As I wrote earlier, the history of the ACA is politics from start to finish. If there ever is a finish.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2013, 07:36:18 PM »

I had typed out a post but realize it is not worth posting.  I do think it is worth posting the fact that despite our politics, no one can argue the fact that our infrastructure as a nation isn't ready, nor is our federal government ready to implement the ACA.

*i really don't think we'll ever see this bill implemented as it's currently written. (You're right, I'm glad about this and I may be wrong)

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2013, 07:44:24 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on July 11, 2013, 07:36:18 PM

I had typed out a post but realize it is not worth posting.  I do think it is worth posting the fact that despite our politics, no one can argue the fact that our infrastructure as a nation isn't ready, nor is our federal government ready to implement the ACA.

The infrastructure that has been built by the current (and essentially broken) model of health care?  Of course it's not ready.  And it never WILL be unless we force the change. 

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2013, 08:15:32 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 11, 2013, 07:44:24 PM

Quote from: Eco-Logic on July 11, 2013, 07:36:18 PM

The infrastructure that has been built by the current (and essentially broken) model of health care?  Of course it's not ready.  And it never WILL be unless we force the change.

We actually don't disagree on the fact that we as Americans shouldn't be paying so much more for the same care offered to other technologically advanced countries.

I despise ACA as it's written and that's not worth getting into here.  I agree completely that healthcare should be reformed.

Why should a half-assed bill be pushed through to reform healthcare, with no plan in place to actually implement the damn thing?

It is hard for me to grasp the fact that people don't get how bad this bill, and the subsequent dodging/mishaps regarding the implementation of said bad bill actually are.   I've come to accept that fact now though and am eager to know how on earth you've come to the conclusion that implementing this bill is good for our country.

Other thoughts:

Has this President shown a propensity to lead?
Honest question, as I feel Clinton and Bush did in fact lead (even if I didn't agree with Clinton).

I simply don't see any leadership at all from Barack.

I expect "witty" comebacks that lack humor to anyone else, but welcome an actual discussion.

I GET how you all (liberals in general) and I can be so opposite on social issues such as abortion (i will not be convinced that it is ever "okay" to stop a beating heart as that is only for our Creator to decide).  I do not get the willful acceptance of incompetence though. 

I'm also pretty liberal on Gay rights as I don't think homosexual couples should be given different rights from heterosexual couples.

I'm also against capital punishment, unless there is absolute evidence of guilt (I.E. Bin Laden, CO theater shooter etc.)

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2013, 08:32:44 PM »

....and instead of discussing the topic at hand, Eco dives back into the "I hate this president!' shit again.  

It's well established from god knows how many posts you've made that you can't understand why everyone doesn't agree with you.  Unfortunately, your ability to see this as a tragic flaw on your part still eludes you.

Oh, goody!  You've made another "I really want a serious discussion!" request...that I predict with almost Nostradamus like ability will result in you screaming "HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT OBAMA!" when someone actually does try to disagree with you using facts.

Sigh...and now comes the part where you bitch that I'm not adding anything substantive and am just replying with petty insults.

Honestly, I'm just on autopilot when dealing with you.  As are most of the others on the board, I'm sure.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 08:45:56 PM by hepcat » Logged

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2013, 08:41:38 PM »

Lol. Wow. All that's needed.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2013, 09:07:39 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on July 11, 2013, 08:15:32 PM

We actually don't disagree on the fact that we as Americans shouldn't be paying so much more for the same care offered to other technologically advanced countries.

I despise ACA as it's written and that's not worth getting into here.  I agree completely that healthcare should be reformed.

Why should a half-assed bill be pushed through to reform healthcare, with no plan in place to actually implement the damn thing?

It is hard for me to grasp the fact that people don't get how bad this bill, and the subsequent dodging/mishaps regarding the implementation of said bad bill actually are.   I've come to accept that fact now though and am eager to know how on earth you've come to the conclusion that implementing this bill is good for our country.

OK, I'll ask again:  WHY do you hate the ACA?

You still haven't given a single reason, yet we're all supposed to agree with you that it's awful.   saywhat

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2013, 12:19:07 AM »

Because Republicans will drag their feet at any mention of healthcare reform and it was the only way to get a foothold.

Quote from: Eco-Logic
(i will not be convinced that it is ever "okay" to stop a beating heart as that is only for our Creator to decide).

But you don't want to let the creator of the baby decide.

Ale
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2013, 12:42:11 AM »

Quote from: Alefroth on July 12, 2013, 12:19:07 AM

Because Republicans will drag their feet at any mention of healthcare reform and it was the only way to get a foothold.

Quote from: Eco-Logic
(i will not be convinced that it is ever "okay" to stop a beating heart as that is only for our Creator to decide).

But you don't want to let the creator of the baby decide.

Ale

Really wasn't looking for a debate on abortion as its pointless.  I realize I brought it up and that was a mistake.  My point was simple though...  I can see how people are on the opposite side of social issues such as abortion.  Still at a loss how anyone can be pro this president.  Dead horse though.

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2013, 12:43:53 AM »

Quote from: Alefroth on July 12, 2013, 12:19:07 AM

The ACA would stand a much better chance of success if the minority party would help instead of hindering it at every turn. But since health care reform was what ushered in our current scorched-earth politics, failure is to be expected.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: