http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 06:52:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Governor Eliot Spitzer of New York tied to prostitution ring  (Read 5389 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2008, 01:22:51 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on March 13, 2008, 06:01:23 AM

Dude, you are making an even greater leap of faith than usual if you think Bill Clinton is responsible for teen STDs.

In fact, our current president has done an incredible amount of damage to sex education practices in this country.  If you actually cared about solving the problem, rather than attempting to score cheap political points, you'd examine the net effect of the two terms of Mr. Bush.

Let's look at the track record of some of the abstinence programs he's thrown taxpayer dollars at:

'Abstinence Only Sex Ed Ineffective
Abstinence Ineffective in HIV, Pregnancy Prevention
MINNESOTA: State's Abstinence-Only Sex Education Doesn't Work Any Better, Report Says

We've now wasted 1.5 billion dollars on this garbage since 1998 - money which could've been spent funding effective sex ed programs that teach people about contraception and prevention in addition to abstinence.  But no, dogma is more important than health to Republicans and the religious right.  As the Texas Republicans showed us last year, they'd rather let girls die from cervical cancer than have premarital sex.

I will grant that Bush has been fantastically successful at redirecting the federal coffers to "faith-based" organizations.  I guess that's one way to take care of the base.

I am giving this post roughly a 5 on 5 star scale for awesomeness, delivery, factual information, and snark. And I endorse this message.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2008, 01:31:25 PM »

1. If Unbreakable can make unreasonable correlations so can I
2. Know anyone who got an STD by being abstinent?
3. How come you never accept invites to play COD4?
4. I'm having a rough week and it's Calvin's fault.
5. I rate a 2-2 on the scale of life.  I should be a 1-2.  I mean really.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2008, 01:40:13 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 13, 2008, 01:31:25 PM

"Abstinence prevents STDs" ≠ "Abstinence education prevents STDs"
unbreakable
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2008, 03:04:53 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 13, 2008, 01:31:25 PM

1. If Unbreakable can make unreasonable correlations so can I

Nothing I say is ever unreasonable, and it can all be backed up with cold hard fact.  Most people simply get mad that I have no compunction about calling people out when they willfully ignore facts. 

IMO, in an age when anyone with an internet connection can get access to 90% of the same information experts use to base their decisions on, there's simply no excuse for being misinformed.  Aside from laziness, of course.

But, the downside is that perhaps someone is just innocently misinformed, and I just end up acting like a dick.  That's a work in progress, I'm trying to change that.  But I'm just presenting the reality of the world (as I see it, of course), not looking to make converts.  If someone wants to be an informed person, that's cool.  If they don't... well, that's cool too, so long as they don't think their opinion should be viewed the same as the informed person's. [Anyway, all that is neither here nor there]

BTW ATB, what's the deal?  Did I piss in your Cheerios recently?

My car never breaks.  But then again, I don't have a car.

But you already admitted you were going to make unreasonable correlations, so I can't take this claim seriously.

3. How come you never accept invites to play COD4?
4. I'm having a rough week and it's Calvin's fault.

I hope it gets better, man.  As for Calvin, we can't really do anything about that  icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 03:20:38 PM by unbreakable » Logged
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2008, 04:32:15 PM »

The hooker is not that hot.  I would have expected hottest girl alive for that kind of cash.
unbreakable
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2008, 04:58:56 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 13, 2008, 04:32:15 PM

The hooker is not that hot.  I would have expected hottest girl alive for that kind of cash.

I thought she was pretty cute.  Not $5000/date hot, obviously, but pretty nice.  Certainly hotter than what a guy with his looks would generally be with.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2008, 05:07:05 PM »

I thought she had a Sandra Bullock think going.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »

Taken from Joystiq:

GamePolitics has the money quote from Client 9's 2006 election campaign, where he exclaimed, "Media content has gotten more graphic, more violent and more sex-based ... Children can even simulate having sex with a prostitute."
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2008, 08:22:16 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on March 13, 2008, 03:04:53 PM

BTW ATB, what's the deal?  Did I piss in your Cheerios recently?

No.  See previously mentioned #4.  And it's not really Calvin's fault.  It's work's.  And you bore the brunt.  The beautifully funny and Ironic brunt. Woe is you. And me. 

<sigh>

I'd like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love...
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2008, 08:25:49 AM »

So who's money was he spending? His? Or the state's?  If he was spending his own money then what he does in his own bedroom is no business of ours.  If he's using taxpayer's money to get laid then he should be in big trouble.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2008, 12:52:56 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on March 14, 2008, 08:25:49 AM

So who's money was he spending? His? Or the state's?  If he was spending his own money then what he does in his own bedroom is no business of ours.  If he's using taxpayer's money to get laid then he should be in big trouble.

And who cares if he was even running the prostitution ring.  Or smuggling marijuana into the country.  What business of it is ours as long as he's not using taxpayers' money?  Right?
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2008, 01:05:12 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on March 14, 2008, 08:25:49 AM

Read my post above...actually, it is our business when a public servant breaks the law.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: