http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 09:42:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP Swears Itís Not Stupid  (Read 248 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2013, 02:39:53 AM »

Consider: Sarah Palin and Dick Morris are out at Fox News, and Scott Brown, the Massachusetts moderate, may be in.

Eric Cantor is talking about the problems of working mothers.

Marco Rubio is on the cover of Time as ďthe New Voice of the GOPĒ and will respond next week to the presidentís State of the Union.

And Karl Rove has launched a group to push mainstream conservatives in Senate primaries against the Tea Party types who have been going down in flames.

You might describe all this as a rebranding, rejiggering, or recasting. It could be written off as largely cosmetic, but increasingly appears more than skin-deep. Whatís beyond dispute is that Republicans are trying to shed their image as what Bobby Jindal calls the ďstupid partyĒóat least when it comes to the stupidity of losing elections.

Whatís missing from this equation is hard evidence that the GOP, having lost twice to Barack Obama, is changing its policies. Not a single legislative compromise has taken shape, especially on the big-ticket issues like the budget and taxes.

But perception matters in politics.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/08/gop-swears-it-s-not-stupid.html

well, they got about 3 years to turn things around.  can they do it?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 04:03:04 PM »

I think the answer is no.  Like the Dems a few years back, the Repubs have no idea who they are at this point. Problem in 2012 is the candidates they put forward were terrible.

That said if Joe Biden is the Democratic choice for Pres, all bets are off.

Best bet would be to back Hilary because then the Dems will be able to work the 'making history' for two presidents in a row angle.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 08:39:38 PM »

With statements about rape-repelling vaginas, I'm still gonna go with the dumb vote.  Both parties make me throw my hands in the air and launch obscenities, but the (R) team makes my blood boil sometimes. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 08:42:15 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on February 12, 2013, 08:39:38 PM

With statements about rape-repelling vaginas, I'm still gonna go with the dumb vote.  Both parties make me throw my hands in the air and launch obscenities, but the (R) team makes my blood boil sometimes. 

Dude, become an independent!  I'm lovin' it!

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 12:38:31 AM »

Well, as an independent I wish there were two parties putting forward viable candidates...so I hope the Rs can solve their tea party problem. I'm skeptical, but not without hope.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: