http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 09:07:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabby Gifford's Husband tires to save baby sea lion from dog attack  (Read 795 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2013, 08:39:47 PM »

When Gabrielle Giffords' husband tore his daughter's bulldog from a baby sea lion, the damage was already done.

As the dead seal drifted out to sea, blood oozed from its neck where the bulldog had chomped down and refused to let go about 1:40 p.m. Saturday.

Former Arizona Congresswoman Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly, a retired astronaut, were on vacation in Laguna Beach, Calif., and his 18-year-old daughter, who took her 65-pound dog, on a leash, for a walk along Goff Cove Beach near the Montage Laguna Beach resort.

"If you have a dog of that stature and that power, they should be accompanied by someone who can handle a dog that is as powerful as an American bulldog," said Nathan, a fellow beachgoer who recorded the incident with his cellphone.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/gabby-giffords-husband-save-baby-sea-lion-dog-attack-video-article-1.1299274#ixzz2OgEvy2sM

Video is at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJwCGNAWdQc   (Warning it's graphic.)

Animals are having a rough time this week it seems. I'm with the others saying his daughter shouldn't have been walking a dog she was unable to control. What if the dog attacked a child instead of an animal?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 09:15:29 PM »

That's sad. And yes, if you can't control your dog you need either 1) to have someone else to walk it, 2) a better leash that allows more control (gentle leader?), or 3) a muzzle.

For future reference,  one way to make sure a dog release its grip on something is to stick your finger up its ass. Gross but effective. Or so I've heard...  ninja
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 09:19:52 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on March 26, 2013, 09:15:29 PM

For future reference,  one way to make sure a dog release its grip on something is to stick your finger up its ass. Gross but effective. Or so I've heard...  ninja

Pics or GTFO!
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 03:01:07 AM »

Quote from: ATB on March 26, 2013, 09:19:52 PM

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on March 26, 2013, 09:15:29 PM

Pics or GTFO!

no pics or  ban

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »

From what I've read, the mere existence of Bulldogs is cruel.  They were cross bred into existence and the end result is an animal that struggles to even breath in many cases.  It just seems inhumane to create something that's in pain from birth to death just for vanity's sake.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:29:56 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 03:06:44 PM »

It's illegal to harass marine mammals, let alone kill one.  They should be punished accordingly.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »

Not sure why this is news. It's an accident and just one seal.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 06:58:27 PM »

It's a coverup.  The baby seal had an extended clip in his pistol.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 27, 2013, 06:42:21 PM

Not sure why this is news. It's an accident and just one seal.

Well it is a federal law that you can't harm these animals.  Should we not care when someone gets murdered because it's just one person?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 08:43:13 PM »

Wait...person? 

Oh...wait...I misunderstood you when you said Seal.  I didn't realize you meant

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 07:40:40 AM »

and you're not supposed to bring pets on many beaches as well, right?
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 02:37:30 PM »

I could he wrong but I believe that ownership of bulldogs is banned in Toronto (grandfathered). Or perhaps that never came to pass. Although it should considering what they were bred in mind with.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 02:43:30 PM »

More like:

AMIRITE HEPCAZ?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 04:28:02 PM »

I'm...not sure how to respond.

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 27, 2013, 01:28:23 PM

From what I've read, the mere existence of Bulldogs is cruel.  They were cross bred into existence and the end result is an animal that struggles to even breath in many cases.  It just seems inhumane to create something that's in pain from birth to death just for vanity's sake.

Loving dogs, and being a breeder of them at one time, I totally agree with this.
When you think of those beautiful giant dogs like the, Deerhound, Irish Wolfhound, etc, etc, their life expectancy is so short because of the strain the size of the dog puts on its own heart. Great danes have about a 7 year average life span.

They've done studies over the years concerning dogs and its natural state if left alone long enough from breeding manipulation.
They all become alike in size, build, and look. Average size, on the thin side, and earth tones for fur coloring.

Now look at how many different dog types are in the world...amazing.
One of the oldest breeds known to man is the, Afghan Hound. My uncle had two of them, great dogs. But I wonder what kind of breeding plan the ancient Egyptians had to produce such a royal looking dog?

But like the English Bull Dog, there are many sad and disturbing outcomes to man's unquenchable desire to change something based on looks alone.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: