http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 04:52:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: France closes embassies & schools over new Muhammad cartoon  (Read 317 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2012, 11:50:01 AM »

France has temporarily closed its embassies and schools in 20 countries after a satirical magazine in Paris published insulting cartoons of the Muslim prophet Muhammad, a move it fears will add “fuel to the fire” of global tensions over an anti-Islam film.

“We have indeed decided as a precautionary measure to close our premises, embassies, consulates, cultural centers and schools,” a Foreign Ministry spokesman told Reuters.

Riot police were also sent to the offices of the weekly magazine, Charlie Hebdo.

The publication came amid widespread outrage over a crude, provocative film, made by anti-Islam campaigners in California, that mocked the Prophet and ignited days of deadly protests including an attack in Libya in which U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens was killed.

The front page cartoon had the figure in a wheelchair saying "You mustn't mock'' under the headline "Untouchable 2'', a reference to a hugely popular French movie about a paralyzed rich white man and his black assistant.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/19/13958548-france-shutters-embassies-schools-over-new-muhammad-cartoon?lite&ocid=msnhp

damn, is France trying to take some of the heat off of us?  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 01:48:56 PM »

Let's look back at the other times they've closed their embassies, shall we?

1) French reporter mistakenly pronounces "Washington" as "Washingtin".  Embassies close for two weeks in fear of retaliation.

2) French citizen accidentally scratches a German tourist's car during rush hour traffic.  Embassies close for a month.

3) French bread found to have more calories than other breads.  Embassies closed for 4 days and most French farmers go into hiding.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: