http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 07:03:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fox News Spends 6 Minutes Describing Why Mr. Rogers Was An 'Evil, Evil Man'  (Read 865 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2013, 06:23:46 AM »

wow.  I thought the blurb was being sarcastic, but I was wrong...

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »

I can't believe that isn't a joke as well.

Movies like Friday, explicit hip hop music, fluff MTV programming among other things reinforced the lazy, entitlement mindset that is plaguing our country.

*puts on flame suit"

Wake up.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 04:52:02 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on June 29, 2013, 11:33:28 AM

Movies like Friday, explicit hip hop music, fluff MTV programming among other things reinforced the lazy, entitlement mindset that is plaguing our country.

That may be the most random, nonsensical thing you've ever posted...which is saying a lot.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 06:38:27 PM »

It wasn't random nor nonsensical really.

The Fox News clip is ludicrous and my response was somewhat sarcastic. The things I listed absolutely did more to dumb down / create the mindset discussed in the fox clip, than Mr. Rogers. 

The root of the problem is single parent homes, which is a sad reality.

Wake up.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 03:11:44 AM »

How old we're you when your dad left Eco? I am sure it was hard, but your mother did her best, give her a break.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 03:30:10 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on June 29, 2013, 06:38:27 PM

The root of the problem is single parent homes, which is a sad reality.

I'm trying to follow your logic here.  Single parent homes are the root of what problem, exactly?

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 04:33:33 AM »

I am not talking about them Kato, I apologize for the confusion.  There is an entitlement class in this country that is growing by the day.  The single parent homes I'm speaking of are those that have kid after kid out with no father figure (inner city for example) that continue to game the system.  This wasn't the place to have this conversation, carry on.

Wake up.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 11:17:29 AM »

Ahhh! I got it, in other words, you're saying the problem is the poor. What an interesting viewpoint, not only is that unique to this country, it's also a fairly recent problem. I wonder what we could do about it? Cut off entitlements so they become poorer?
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 11:41:27 AM »

Wow, I had a feeling this wouldn't be worth it.

Like I said, this wasn't the right place for this discussion.  I apologize.

Last post on this topic.

My statement is not a blanket one, as there are people across all walks of life without the entitlement/governments going to take care of me mentality.

The example I gave is certainly one of the most prevalent and the root of many of the issues (crime, herds of children running through places of business demolishing them etc) in the inner city is the lack of a father figure, there is no reason even trying to dispute this.

A client of mine is a social worker and recently had an inner city 6 year old ask her if she will be his when he grows up.  Obviously this is just one example of many.
The problem isn't "the poor", it's the entitlement mindset that has spread through our country like wildfire, and politicians on both sides of the isle doing nothing to stop the spread.  Instead they're passing bullshit immigration bills that will exponentially compound the problem.

Wake up.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 11:56:48 AM »

You're right, it wasn't worth it.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 12:51:33 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on June 30, 2013, 11:41:27 AM

The example I gave is certainly one of the most prevalent and the root of many of the issues (crime, herds of children running through places of business demolishing them etc) in the inner city is the lack of a father figure, there is no reason even trying to dispute this.

A client of mine is a social worker and recently had an inner city 6 year old ask her if she will be his when he grows up.  Obviously this is just one example of many.

My family moved to a new neighborhood when I was five.  During the first full day in the new house, I solemnly informed my parents that when we had to move again the next year, we would have to move into the next door neighbor's home so it wouldn't be so far away.

Obviously this is just one example of many -- not of the logic of a five year-old -- but of society's failure to teach children proper respect for private property rights.  Forcibly moving into a neighbor's home?!  Ridiculous!  There is no reason even trying to dispute this.

-Autistic Angel
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 03:52:36 PM »

Uh, wow.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 05:06:11 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on June 30, 2013, 11:41:27 AM

Oh, there are plenty of reasons to dispute this.  Though none that would make any difference to you, I'm sure.

The problem isn't "the poor", it's the entitlement mindset that has spread through our country like wildfire, and politicians on both sides of the isle doing nothing to stop the spread.  Instead they're passing bullshit immigration bills that will exponentially compound the problem.

saywhat  Yeah, good luck with that worldview.  ::backs slowly out of the thread::

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 07:07:03 PM »

There are certain places of the country where that worldview is perfectly acceptable, Gratch.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »

Quote from: gellar on June 30, 2013, 07:07:03 PM

There are certain places of the country where that worldview is perfectly acceptable, Gratch.

It's a right wing tagline is all. No evidence of truth in it, just a talking point of conservative pundits and those who follow them.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 09:21:41 PM »

This idea coming from the right of "well, if everyone on welfare would just get off their lazy asses and just go get a job we'd all be fine" is very bothersome to me.  Poverty, welfare, and entitlements are an incredibly complex issue, and hand-waving it away as "they're all just lazy moochers" does little to further the discussion.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 09:31:10 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 30, 2013, 09:21:41 PM

This idea coming from the right of "well, if everyone on welfare would just get off their lazy asses and just go get a job we'd all be fine" is very bothersome to me.  Poverty, welfare, and entitlements are an incredibly complex issue, and hand-waving it away as "they're all just lazy moochers" does little to further the discussion.

It's deliciously ironic that the 'they're all just lazy' argument is in fact, the lazy argument.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: