http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 08:22:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Financial "experts" are morons  (Read 781 times)
Moliere
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2008, 03:59:06 PM »

Great video of Peter Schiff getting laughed at for the last two years as he predicts exactly where we're at today.

Art Laffer making a fool of himself talking about the wealth of stocks and home prices.

"The financials are super bargains." Ben Stein was recommending that you buy Merrill Lynch when the price was at $76. Today MER sits at $12. Thanks Ben.

Tracy is recommending Goldman Sacs when the price was $175. Today GS sits at $73.

Charles Payne's best stock of 2008 was predicted to be Washington Mutual. At the time it was trading for $13. Today, well its at $0.03. Thanks Charles. He also predicts that the Dow will go to 16,000 in 2008. Hmmm, the Dow is currently at 8500.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 05:39:43 PM »

I remember about 2 years ago my advisor trying to get me into a REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust).  I think that would have been worse than my current losses by a longshot.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 06:51:39 PM »

i think it's safe to say that nobody can really predict where the market will be with 100% certainty.   

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: