http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 08:56:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Egypt  (Read 1003 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2013, 01:10:43 PM »

Anyone else outraged that over the past couple of years we've given Egypt over $1 billion and 20 F16's.

Talk about ignorant, asinine policy.  Everyone involved in authorizing this should be fired/impeached etc. and never allowed to be in a public office again.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 01:31:23 PM »

You realize that for several generations, Egypt has been the closest thing to a moderate ally the US has in the ME?

Why wouldn't we bolster their war fighting ability with Iran on the opposite end of the spectrum constantly saber rattling?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 02:26:16 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on January 29, 2013, 01:10:43 PM

Anyone else outraged that over the past couple of years we've given Egypt over $1 billion and 20 F16's.

No.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 06:21:54 PM »

Oh Eco.  You so funny.   icon_wink

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 07:30:47 PM »

I am fully aware of the importance of the relationship to the US, however, our responsibility to offer aid (which we cannot afford) and arms  (which could as easily be used against Israel or US Troops in the future as anywhere else) ended when the antiemetic Muslim Brotherhood won the election there last year.

If you disagree with this you're an idiot, a Muslim extremist or a delusional way to the left liberal (in which case you're #1 as well).

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 07:31:13 PM »

And I know you aren't either I those ATB.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 07:42:03 PM »

You apparently know as much about foreign affairs as you do economics. 

...that's not a compliment.   icon_wink

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on January 29, 2013, 07:30:47 PM

If you disagree with this you're an idiot, a Muslim extremist or a delusional way to the left liberal (in which case you're #1 as well).

as the Billy Goats Gruff used to say, don't feed the troll folks.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 07:51:23 PM »

Say what you will, Eco's personally managed to sway more folks over to the left than a left handed blind pitcher pointed at a crowd.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 07:53:27 PM »

antiemetic Muslim Brotherhood

Personally, I'm against nausea and vomiting myself as well.  Unfortunately, this thread isn't working towards that effect. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 07:55:40 PM »

He's 8.  Cut him some slack.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 07:57:14 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 29, 2013, 07:53:27 PM

antiemetic Muslim Brotherhood

Personally, I'm against nausea and vomiting myself as well.  Unfortunately, this thread isn't working towards that effect. 

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 07:59:05 PM »

icon_lol

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 08:13:39 PM »

Still the same loons roaming the halls here I see. 

Good day.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 08:14:26 PM »

Don't make promises you know you won't keep.   Tongue

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 09:18:24 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on January 29, 2013, 08:13:39 PM

Still the same loons roaming the halls here I see. 

Did you stumble into the Hall of Mirrors again? I knew we should have kept that place locked up tight.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 10:58:37 PM »

Seriously. Is this a troll thread?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 10:59:23 PM »

Yes.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 11:06:17 PM »

plus there is some horrible punctuation issues.  Eco clearly forgot a period and a comma:

Quote from: Eco-Logic on January 29, 2013, 07:31:13 PM

And I know you aren't either. I those, ATB.

Because I can,
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 11:59:22 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on January 29, 2013, 02:26:16 PM

Quote from: Eco-Logic on January 29, 2013, 01:10:43 PM

No.

I can honestly say the amount of fucks I give about Egypt (positive or negative) on a daily basis is zero.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 01:18:48 AM »

Sure it's a troll thread, where I point out what should be blatantly obvious with anyone with a brain.  This country is run by idiots on both sides of the isle and if you aren't concerned by the severity of the spending issue we have than you're an idiot too.  This is the only place where I can actually witness firsthand people that feel differently on this issue.  Notice I didn't say converse.  Nope, not interested in that with you all in the least.  New Year's resolution to stop giving bullshit outlandish libs the time of day. 

I typed the other post as quickly as possible on my iphone while waiting to see the eye doctor without concern for punctuation or the trollful nature of the post. 

Next on this fool's agenda, immigration reform sans border security.  Still hoping he'll see the error in his ways with this one.  Not holding my breath though.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 01:31:24 AM »

Government, red or blue, spends money on shit I don't give a fuck about.  I'm taxed ridiculously no matter who is in office.  We are in debt no matter who is in office (sans Clinton, I guess, but that was more due to luck and timing than anything else).  My life is still pretty awesome and has continued to become more awesome over time.  There is no correlation about that and who is in office.

Since the amount of fucks I give is not at all correlated to the amount of fucks they give about the amount of fucks I give (or the shit I give a fuck about), the net outcome is the amount of fucks I give is zero.

The only area where I do care is in civil rights and religion in politics since there is a very clear wrong side on that bitch.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 01:32:07 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on January 30, 2013, 01:18:48 AM

Sure it's a troll thread, where I point out what should be blatantly obvious with anyone with a brain.  This country is run by idiots on both sides of the isle and if you aren't concerned by the severity of the spending issue we have than you're an idiot too.  This is the only place where I can actually witness firsthand people that feel differently on this issue.  Notice I didn't say converse.  Nope, not interested in that with you all in the least.  New Year's resolution to stop giving bullshit outlandish libs the time of day. 

I typed the other post as quickly as possible on my iphone while waiting to see the eye doctor without concern for punctuation or the trollful nature of the post. 

Next on this fool's agenda, immigration reform sans border security.  Still hoping he'll see the error in his ways with this one.  Not holding my breath though.

not sure if anyone here remembers (and I don't care about Eco's opinion on this) but didn't unbreakable get banned from R&P for stuff like this?

Because I can,
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 01:34:19 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 30, 2013, 01:32:07 AM

Quote from: Eco-Logic on January 30, 2013, 01:18:48 AM

not sure if anyone here remembers (and I don't care about Eco's opinion on this) but didn't unbreakable get banned from R&P for stuff like this?

There are people who have the innate ability communicate and people who cannot.  I don't see the need to ban those who cannot from bringing up somewhat interesting topics, and he has stated he does *read* the responses to him, he just doesn't respond to them.  I don't have a problem with that and so long as the people responding to him realize that they aren't going to get discourse, I don't see there being a problem.  I don't believe intelligent discourse is a requirement for posting in any forum.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 03:03:13 AM »

I was thinking more along the lines of his open and even personally acknowledged trolling.  I like watching him get mocked and emasculated, so that was a subtle hint that maybe he shouldn't be so obvious about being a troll.

of course maybe him not posting would alleviate the craving I get for Taco Bell after reading his stuff....

Because I can,
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 03:48:54 AM »

This is not the discussion of Egypt's latest crisis that I was looking for, nor does it show any indication of going there. Bail out! 

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 11:47:05 AM »

It's only trolling because most of you are too delusional to realize how ignorant you are in regard to this issue. 

Let me help make it more clear for you.

Our country, that has over 16 trillion in debt, has given billions of dollars and aircraft to a Muslim Brotherhood administration in Egypt whose first order of business was to seek the release of Omar Abdel-Rahman and followed that up with a dictatorial power grab.  This only scratches the surface, and instead of admitting that its a travesty, you all attempt to divert attention to spelling errors and punctuation and schoolboy insults. 

Exactly what I expected to happen though.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 12:56:47 PM »

You...ummm...you ARE aware that the previous administration in Egypt was also a dictatorship, right?  We get in bed with dictatorships all the time if the alternative is to allow something worse to take power.  

Let's simplify this for you...have you ever heard of al qeada?  Did you know we're actively fighting with them?  It's true!  And we involve ourselves with countries like Pakistan in the hopes that we can prevent them or other extremists from taking control.

Now, I know I've hit you with some new ideas.  Basic foreign diplomacy for one.  So I'll let that sink in before we continue your lessons.

Go have a nice day, champ!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:00:01 PM by hepcat » Logged

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 01:20:17 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 01, 2013, 12:56:47 PM

You...ummm...you ARE aware that the previous administration in Egypt was also a dictatorship, right?  We get in bed with dictatorships all the time if the alternative is to allow something worse to take power.  

This. Our enemies today are our friends tomorrow and vice versa.

And we involve ourselves with countries like Pakistan in the hopes that we can prevent them or other extremists from taking control.

Even if it's often times counter productive to our own objectives specifically with Pakistan.  That whole region is a mish mash of loyalties and tribal feuds and blood hatred.

@ Eco: Let's not forget the Muslim Brotherhood was democratically elected. We don't get to call mulligan because we don't like the results.  Just because Mubarak was 'US friendly' doesn't mean he didn't brutally oppress his people.

That said, I don't think we should send them more jets until who they are as a government matures and solidifies.  But it's not that cut and dry.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 03:52:46 PM »

The military, the ones that will be receiving said jets, seems to be the most mature and solid of any group in that country at the moment. 

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 05:32:16 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on February 01, 2013, 11:47:05 AM

It's only trolling because most of you are too delusional to realize how ignorant you are in regard to this issue. 

Our country, that has over 16 trillion in debt, has given billions of dollars and aircraft to a Muslim Brotherhood administration in Egypt whose first order of business was to seek the release of Omar Abdel-Rahman and followed that up with a dictatorial power grab.  This only scratches the surface, and instead of admitting that its a travesty, you all attempt to divert attention to spelling errors and punctuation and schoolboy insults. 

Holy fuckballs.
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 06:20:27 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on February 01, 2013, 11:47:05 AM

Dude, stop. Just stop. Even if you wanted to have a thoughtful, critical discussion of the situation in Egypt, you're clearly incapable. You demonstrate that in every post.

Ale
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 07:23:27 PM »

I know this will result in much gnashing of the teeth from our friend with the narrowest of views, but I believe Hillary Clinton sums it up best:

“Everything has always been done within the paradigm of keeping access to energy sources, and a defensive posture dealing with Iran, as well as our relationship with Israel,” she said. “If there’s a massive shift in government policy we might have to revaluate these positions. Our national interests could become fluid.”

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »

"Therefore I say that it is a narrow policy to suppose that this country or that is to be marked out as the eternal ally or the perpetual enemy of England. We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual, and those interests it is our duty to follow." - Henry Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston, 1848.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 08:54:02 PM »

BUT MUSLIMS, YOU GUYS.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 11:06:28 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 01, 2013, 07:23:27 PM

I know this will result in much gnashing of the teeth from our friend with the narrowest of views, but I believe Hillary Clinton sums it up best:

“Everything has always been done within the paradigm of keeping access to energy sources, and a defensive posture dealing with Iran, as well as our relationship with Israel,” she said. “If there’s a massive shift in government policy we might have to revaluate these positions. Our national interests could become fluid.”

'Could become fluid'?

As if they're not and haven't always been?

And yeah, good summary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: