http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 08:19:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edwards Out?  (Read 2390 times)
DarkEL
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 30, 2008, 05:45:19 PM »

Posted this link in the South carolina thread but figured it might need a topic of it's own

Washington Post reporting that Edwards will drop out of race today

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/30/AR2008013001069.html
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 05:47:15 PM »

Time magazine has an article about it - named "Why Edwards never caught on"

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1708147,00.html
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 06:07:47 PM »

I heard about this on the news this morning.  Pretty sad.  I think my brother had it pegged, that it might be an Obama/Hillary ticket.
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:35:22 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on January 30, 2008, 06:07:47 PM

I think my brother had it pegged, that it might be an Obama/Hillary ticket.

Not a chance in hell that those two share a ticket.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 06:50:50 PM »

Whomever he decides to endorse/become VP for has a nice little leg up.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 06:54:32 PM »

I heard about this on the news this morning.  Pretty sad.  I think my brother had it pegged, that it might be an Obama/Hillary ticket.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Obama/Edwards is more likely

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 07:19:34 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on January 30, 2008, 06:54:32 PM

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Quite possibly.  But I think Obama is going to want a more substantial resume and someone who brings more experience to the game, as well as a guy who can compete for men and in the SW/Pacific Coast.  That makes it an easy decision:

Obama / Richardson

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 07:48:56 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on January 30, 2008, 07:19:34 PM

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Quite possibly.  But I think Obama is going to want a more substantial resume and someone who brings more experience to the game, as well as a guy who can compete for men and in the SW/Pacific Coast.  That makes it an easy decision:

Obama / Richardson

Makes enough sense, really helps to end his problems with the Hispanic vote.

Then just shove Edwards in as Attorney General.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 08:02:03 PM »

Quote from: CSL on January 30, 2008, 07:48:56 PM

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Obama / Richardson

Yup.

Plus Richardson has the best resume of anyone out there.  Governor of New Mexico, US Representative, Ambassador to the UN and US Secretary of Energy.  If Obama's biggest flaw is a lack of experience (I keep waiting on a big skelleton to pop from Obama's closet), then Richardson really helps to shore that up.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 08:06:28 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on January 30, 2008, 08:02:03 PM

Quote from: CSL on January 30, 2008, 07:48:56 PM

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Obama / Richardson

Yup.

Plus Richardson has the best resume of anyone out there.  Governor of New Mexico, US Representative, Ambassador to the UN and US Secretary of Energy.  If Obama's biggest flaw is a lack of experience (I keep waiting on a big skelleton to pop from Obama's closet), then Richardson really helps to shore that up.

Would Richardson accept a VP slot?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 08:28:58 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on January 30, 2008, 08:06:28 PM

Would Richardson accept a VP slot?

I've heard nothing that would suggest he wouldn't...and he endorsed Obama when he dropped out of the race.

unbreakable
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 09:24:30 PM »

My biggest worry is that Obama is going to pick some complete jackass as VP.  I know Lieberman is out, since Obama will have to pick a Democrat, but I keep getting worried that he's going to pick some Bush-Dog Democrat.

Ah well, we're all going to have to wait and see.  Not much longer now.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 01:18:16 AM »

Edwards never had a chance.  Too many people associated him with the losing campaign back in 2004. 

The media ignored him because he was a run of the mill white lawyer running against the 1st serious presidential campaigns of a woman and an african american.  I think Bill Richardson has a good chance of being the VP nominee for both Obama and Hilliary.  I think Ohio governor Ted Strickland could also be Hillary's VP.  I kind of hope it happens because honestly I think he could do less damage to me financially as my Vice President than as my crappy governor.  Take him Hillary...please.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 01:31:16 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on January 30, 2008, 09:24:30 PM

My biggest worry is that Obama is going to pick some complete jackass as VP.  I know Lieberman is out, since Obama will have to pick a Democrat, but I keep getting worried that he's going to pick some Bush-Dog Democrat.

Bush-Dog Democrat?  That would be Lieberman.  smile

unbreakable
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 01:59:18 AM »

Quote from: Blackadar on January 31, 2008, 01:31:16 AM

Quote from: unbreakable on January 30, 2008, 09:24:30 PM

Bush-Dog Democrat?  That would be Lieberman.  smile

There are a bunch of other Liebermans out there.  They call themselves "Blue Dog Democrats", hence the rebranding.

The Dems haven't had enough clout in recent years to do anything about them (which is exactly why Lieberman gets away with calling himself an "Independent Democrat", when he's really a Republican).  But now that the Democrats are looking at a really solid majority, we can start purging these idiots from the system.

That's why about the only thing which keeps me from being completely disgusted with the entire political establishment is the growing influence of web-based movements.

Probably Edwards' biggest mistake of all was not tapping into that, since that's where the majority of his support was at.  As far as dissatisfaction with Obama in his own constituency goes, I can tell you I'm not the only one.  There's a ton of people I've spoken with who are pretty dissatisfied.  It seems to me the only reason he gets so much support from young people is because they aren't looking at him critically enough.  The whole "candidate of hope" silliness is a great example of it.

But it seems like I'll have to just cross my fingers and hope for the best.  The Dem establishment appears to be lining up behind Obama.  The thing is, despite all the "change" rhetoric being thrown around, none of his policies are any different from what we've seen before (unless you're young enough to have NOT seen it before).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: