http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 08:50:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duck Dynasty  (Read 2469 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2013, 05:12:43 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on December 24, 2013, 12:15:15 AM

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2013, 05:56:20 PM »

Mr. Bayne wants us to know that he didn't mean that we should take his comments literally:

"We are a Christian nation based upon the foundation of free will and individualism," Bayne said in the new press release on Monday. "People know this, and those who have come here from other countries to practice a religion other than Christianity, know and desire this as well. The comparison between Parks and Robertson is based on the recent persecution of Christians, and not in skin color or literal comparison."

And here I was thinking we lived in a country founded on the fact that we are allowed to worship - or not worship - however we choose.  According to Bayne, that means you are apparently perfectly free to choose any Christian denomination you would like.

"To me, not knowing him, it is clear that he wanted to expose the, what I call, persecution of people who are open Christians. What better way to do it than in an open interview not on your television show so A&E can't argue some breach of contract," Bayne told TPM. "So having seen that I believe and I thought it was complimentary to Rosa Parks because I see Rosa Parks as a courageous person that stood up in the face of a system that was bad and said hey, enough is enough."

Gosh, I sure hope those poor persecuted Christians can somehow manage to struggle through the same segregation and mistreatment under the law that other racial groups have endured.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 07:01:55 PM by Gratch » Logged

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2013, 12:18:51 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on December 23, 2013, 04:09:35 PM

And they brought an adulteress to Jesus while He was teaching near the Synagogue. The Pharisee's, who were the Religious leaders of the day sought to trick Jesus. When they asked Jesus what should be done with the adultress they knew they had Him. If He said stone them as in what the law says, then His whole message of grace and mercy could be challenged. And if He said she has committed no sin, then they would accuse Him of breaking their Law.

Jesus, being Jesus, gave the only perfect answer to the trickery of the Pharisees. He stood with the adultress and looked around at all the hypocritical Pharisees and said: "He who has no sin, may throw the first stone". Perfect.
He kept the law by saying, go ahead and stone her, just as long as the ones throwing stones are perfect. And He gave her grace and mercy by letting her go her way with hope for change.

The Pharisees, and they are still around today, always had the people live up to some un-attainable standard, while themselves led a debauched sinful life.

Did the girl sin? Yep, according to the law of the day she had. But Jesus(true Christianity)didn't judge but helpfully pointed the girl toward home.

Of all the biblical parables Arclight could have chosen to illustrate the Christian rationale for condemning homosexuality, he picked one about Jesus Christ personally defending the sexual conduct of a woman from a bunch of judgmental busybodies by literally telling them to mind their own business.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

-Autistic Angel
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2013, 02:25:17 AM »

A&E quacks under the pressure of everyone calling fowl.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2013, 03:26:16 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 28, 2013, 02:25:17 AM

A&E quacks under the pressure of everyone calling fowl.

icon_lol

So the whole thing boils down to a contrived ratings boost by A&E and the DD family.  Purge called it...you were right dude, I stand corrected.

Still, it's brought out some interesting discussion, and at least helped me do some clearing of my FB friends list.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2013, 05:23:03 AM »

I think CeeKay called it, TBH.

This scares me far more than anything else in this thread. Tongue

Spoiler for "Survival Tactics when CeeKay acts as the Voice of Reason...":
1) Locate hills.
2) Run to them.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2013, 06:08:05 AM »

biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2013, 05:50:47 AM »

Does the Judeo-Christian Bible talk about such things as Homosexuality? Yes it does. Does it say its wrong for people of the same sex to lay with each other? Yes it does.
But what the Bible doesn't say is to judge and condemn them.

Leviticus 20:13

Judge and condemn?  I think "They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." is pretty clear judgment and condemnation on that particular issue. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2013, 06:02:18 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 29, 2013, 05:50:47 AM

Does the Judeo-Christian Bible talk about such things as Homosexuality? Yes it does. Does it say its wrong for people of the same sex to lay with each other? Yes it does.
But what the Bible doesn't say is to judge and condemn them.

Leviticus 20:13

Judge and condemn?  I think "They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." is pretty clear judgment and condemnation on that particular issue. 

As is talking bad about your parents. Does one equal the other?

Quote from: Leviticus20:9
For anyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother; his blood is upon him.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2013, 05:53:41 PM »

I've come to the conclusion over the years that very, very few Christians have actually read their bible.  They rely almost entirely on misquoted passages they heard once on the 700 Club or on an episode of Highway to Heaven.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: