http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 10:46:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Democrats not interested in smacking Boehner around?  (Read 266 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2013, 05:11:30 PM »

biggrin

But for several reasons, Boehner wont be same sort of albatross for Republicans. And Democrats dont want him to be.

For starters, many Democrats like Boehner personally. He is seen as a moderate in his conference and has on recent occasions pushed through bills a majority of his members opposed and most Democrats supported -- the tax-raising fiscal cliff deal, Hurricane Sandy relief, and the Violence Against Women Act, for examples. Many believe Boehner earnestly wants to negotiate and reach compromises, but his conference wont let him. Boehner is caught in the chaos of his own House.

I think at end of the day, hes a guy who wants to get stuff done, and they dont see Boehner as Tea Party, right wing, said one Democratic strategist. Hes operating inside of a caucus that doesnt want anyone to tell them what to do.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/06/24/dems_unlikely_to_target_boehner_in_2014_messaging_118927.html

wait, politicians liking politicians from the other party?  MADNESS!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Fireball
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 06:34:01 AM »

Boehner's a good guy, if wrong on a bunch of stuff. I feel quite sorry for him, given the position he's in. Through little fault of his own, the dynamics of his caucus has rendered him the least effective, most powerless Speaker in generations.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: