http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 04:26:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birthers Usually Some "Cracker" On The Right, Says NBC Anchor  (Read 3514 times)
Autistic Angel
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 06:38:45 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 17, 2011, 04:46:48 PM

AA, thanks for the birther elaboration - it still bundles (and dismisses) anyone with concerns about the origin of their current president in a "looney bin" pigeon-hole.

No, people who blithely handwave the overwhelming evidence that settled this "controversy" years ago are bundled together as ignorant crackpots and opportunistic fear mongers by their beliefs.  This is not some sophisticated ideological debate where opposing viewpoints can all have merit.  Legitimate concerns are not being dismissed through name-calling.  We're talking about a mainstream Conservative belief that Barack Obama's poverty-stricken parents successfully engineered an immense multi-stage international hoax just in case, forty-five years later, their infant son might want to be president.   It's a clear-cut case in which one side has been proven thoroughly, repeatedly, and irrefutably wrong.

The last time a bunch of Conservatives got together to smear someone with baseless accusations, they called themselves the "Swiftboat Veterans for Truth," and they successfully turned the word "swiftboat" into a synonym for "slander."  Now the same tactic is being deployed against Barack Obama, but since this conspiracy theory wasn't given an official name, Americans settled on a simple identifier.  It could just as easily have been "Storkers" or "Patriot Falcon Hawks" or the "No Homers Club," but the people it described would still be just as stupid.

It also gives them a commonality and that is exactly the opposite of what they need.

What do you believe they need?

-Autistic Angel

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 07:57:01 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on January 16, 2011, 03:53:10 AM

I don't understand his sign.  Is he implying that God cannot legally run for president of the U.S. because he doesn't have a birth certificate?  If so, couldn't God just pop on down to the DMV, show his driver's license that proves he wasn't actually born and get them to have the records division issue him a waiver before the primaries? 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on January 17, 2011, 06:38:45 PM

AA, thanks for the birther elaboration - it still bundles (and dismisses) anyone with concerns about the origin of their current president in a "looney bin" pigeon-hole.

No, people who blithely handwave the overwhelming evidence that settled this "controversy" years ago are bundled together as ignorant crackpots and opportunistic fear mongers by their beliefs.  This is not some sophisticated ideological debate where opposing viewpoints can all have merit.  Legitimate concerns are not being dismissed through name-calling.  We're talking about a mainstream Conservative belief that Barack Obama's poverty-stricken parents successfully engineered an immense multi-stage international hoax just in case, forty-five years later, their infant son might want to be president.   It's a clear-cut case in which one side has been proven thoroughly, repeatedly, and irrefutably wrong.

The last time a bunch of Conservatives got together to smear someone with baseless accusations, they called themselves the "Swiftboat Veterans for Truth," and they successfully turned the word "swiftboat" into a synonym for "slander."  Now the same tactic is being deployed against Barack Obama, but since this conspiracy theory wasn't given an official name, Americans settled on a simple identifier.  It could just as easily have been "Storkers" or "Patriot Falcon Hawks" or the "No Homers Club," but the people it described would still be just as stupid.

I am clearly unfamiliar with this phenomena. I personally think a person who acts in the best interests of their nation with the right skills and credentials should qualify for leadership; the location of the host of their birth canal during its primary use should be unimportant.

Quote from: Autistic Angel on January 17, 2011, 06:38:45 PM

It also gives them a commonality and that is exactly the opposite of what they need.

What do you believe they need?

-Autistic Angel

Individuality so they don't coalesce into a mob. Mobbing drops IQ; it sounds like (at least, from your description) that they really can't afford those kinds of losses.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 09:11:46 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 17, 2011, 07:57:01 PM

I don't understand his sign.  Is he implying that God cannot legally run for president of the U.S. because he doesn't have a birth certificate?  If so, couldn't God just pop on down to the DMV, show his driver's license that proves he wasn't actually born and get them to have the records division issue him a waiver before the primaries? 

Perhaps he's insinuating that Obama is of godly descent.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 09:36:57 PM »

Or that maybe God and Obama have a lot in common?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2011, 09:49:18 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 17, 2011, 09:11:46 PM

Quote from: hepcat on January 17, 2011, 07:57:01 PM

Perhaps he's insinuating that Obama is of godly descent.

That guy is so under the cool aid's spell that I'm sure he can't even think straight about the issue.

But then again, he probably isn't the brightest bulb even without the cool aid.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 10:14:19 PM »

Know about Kool-Aid, do we?  icon_razz

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 10:14:57 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on January 17, 2011, 10:14:19 PM

Know about Kool-Aid, do we?  icon_razz

Know about trolling do we?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 11:34:43 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on January 17, 2011, 10:14:57 PM

You mentioned the kool-aid first, so i'm still on-topic. And you've been trolling me since the OO days.

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2011, 11:56:10 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on January 17, 2011, 11:34:43 PM

Quote from: Scraper on January 17, 2011, 10:14:57 PM

You mentioned the kool-aid first, so i'm still on-topic. And you've been trolling me since the OO days.

That's funny because I don't even remember you from the OO days.

And how is saying the word "Cool Aid" trolling? I didn't even direct it at anyone but the guy in the pic, let alone you? You may be a bit paranoid.

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2011, 12:36:12 AM »

I happen to be on that guy's "side" ....albeit to a lesser degree. So i'm just firing the shot back at you.

I can produce crazy-ass pictures of people on "your side" doing and saying equally effed-up stuff......like Chris Matthews. So drop the self-righteousness, or shall we continue this pissing contest?

Oh, and by the way.....pr0ner's and my history goes way back, and it's not a pretty one. So some of you need to stop assuming he's not doing or saying stuff against me. He's been doing it for a long time now.

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2011, 12:49:21 AM »

Quote from: Zekester on January 18, 2011, 12:36:12 AM

I happen to be on that guy's "side" ....albeit to a lesser degree. So i'm just firing the shot back at you.

In what sense are you on his "side"? I'm genuinely curious.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2011, 12:50:26 AM »

stirthepot

icon_razz

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2011, 12:52:32 AM »

yeah, i'm a bit confused here.  one page ago, zeke stated:

Yowsa

Yay I get to agree with everyone this time!

but now he's on their side?   icon_confused

sigh...on second thought, never mind.  i'm just playing into the dramedy that is zekester.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2011, 12:55:23 AM »

Re-read, dude. Everyone was slamming Matthews too.

dramedy? as in drama-comedy? haha, nice  thumbsup

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2011, 01:11:59 AM »

so you're a birther?

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2011, 03:01:01 AM »

Quote from: Zekester on January 18, 2011, 12:50:26 AM

stirthepot

icon_razz

Quote from: Zekester

icon_wink
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2011, 04:56:21 AM »

I'm not a birther, completely.

I do think the circumstances around Obama's "origin" are a little odd, but whatever.

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2011, 05:21:50 AM »

Quote from: Zekester on January 18, 2011, 12:55:23 AM

Re-read, dude. Everyone was slamming Matthews too.

dramedy? as in drama-comedy? haha, nice  thumbsup

Why would you slam Matthews? I thought you were against the PC bullshit?

Ale
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2011, 01:51:32 PM »

Because he'd be the first to call out someone on his opposite side being un-pc.

And besides, he's still just an a-hole in general.

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2011, 02:03:58 PM »

What's the end-goal of a birther now? Obama's been in office for 2 years. Are you going to kick him out and just undo two years worth of policies?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »

Quote from: DragonFyre on January 18, 2011, 02:03:58 PM

What's the end-goal of a birther now? Obama's been in office for 2 years. Are you going to kick him out and just undo two years worth of policies?

I would imagine it's an all out attack on the state of Hawaii.  They're obviously up to no good, what with claiming to have proof of citizenship for a man who's obviously an al qaeda plant and a member of the "Super Villain Club for Men".

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2011, 03:34:13 PM »

McCain wasn't born in this country either, you know.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2011, 03:40:49 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 18, 2011, 02:47:54 PM

I would imagine it's an all out attack on the state of Hawaii.  They're obviously up to no good, what with claiming to have proof of citizenship for a man who's obviously an al qaeda plant and a member of the "Super Villain Club for Men".

and I get accused of saying stupid things?  icon_confused

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2011, 03:41:33 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 18, 2011, 03:34:13 PM

McCain isn't a true conservative.

and that's why he lost.

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2011, 04:02:46 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on January 18, 2011, 03:40:49 PM

Quote from: hepcat on January 18, 2011, 02:47:54 PM

I would imagine it's an all out attack on the state of Hawaii.  They're obviously up to no good, what with claiming to have proof of citizenship for a man who's obviously an al qaeda plant and a member of the "Super Villain Club for Men".

and I get accused of saying stupid things?  icon_confused

Is that a question? Accusation implies room for defense. You've just waffled to keep the fire burning.

Also, LOL to hepcat.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:05:57 PM by Purge » Logged

Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2011, 04:25:02 PM »

I don't think he was born on this planet.

Ale
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2011, 04:49:57 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on January 18, 2011, 04:56:21 AM

I do think the circumstances around Obama's "origin" are a little odd, but whatever.

Odd in what way?

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »

What is remotely odd about being born in Hawai'i, raised with his mother as she travelled a bit until moving back to Hawai'i to live with his grandparents, graduating from high school in Hawai'i, going to college on the east coast and then moving to Chicago? Aside from the somewhat exotic places that his mother's work took him when he was very young, that's a pretty pedestrian backstory.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2011, 05:24:09 PM »

Quote from: Fireball1244 on January 18, 2011, 05:03:00 PM

What is remotely odd about being born in Hawai'i, raised with his mother as she travelled a bit until moving back to Hawai'i to live with his grandparents, graduating from high school in Hawai'i, going to college on the east coast and then moving to Chicago? Aside from the somewhat exotic places that his mother's work took him when he was very young, that's a pretty pedestrian backstory.

single parent family.  that ticks off the right to no end.  unless you're a palin.  then it's on like donkey kong.  single parent families, premarital sex, reality tv....it's like watching Jersey Shore but with a less likable cast.

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2011, 05:56:05 PM »

What is remotely odd about being born in Hawai'i, raised with his mother as she travelled a bit until moving back to Hawai'i to live with his grandparents, graduating from high school in Hawai'i, going to college on the east coast and then moving to Chicago?

The part where there's a superfluous apostrophe in Hawaii.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 18, 2011, 05:24:09 PM

single parent family.  that ticks off the right to no end.  unless you're a palin.  then it's on like donkey kong.  single parent families, premarital sex, reality tv....it's like watching Jersey Shore but with a less likable cast.

Is Bristol a snookie?
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2011, 07:23:47 PM »

Man, you just keep inserting foot in mouth.

I come from a single-parent home. Premarital sex has been more accepted since, gee let's see, the early 20th century. And what does reality tv have anything to do with it?

Is this what the left truly thinks those of us on the right are really like?  icon_eek

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2011, 07:25:48 PM »

Quote from: Alefroth on January 18, 2011, 04:25:02 PM

I don't think he was born on this planet.

Ale

I actually thought the same of you on many occasions.

...and the thing about Obama's birthplace? I think it's pretty much settled now, so why try to argue it more?

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2011, 07:30:13 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on January 18, 2011, 07:23:47 PM

single parent family.  that ticks off the right to no end.  unless you're a palin.  then it's on like donkey kong.  single parent families, premarital sex, reality tv....it's like watching Jersey Shore but with a less likable cast.

Man, you just keep inserting foot in mouth.

I come from a single-parent home. Premarital sex has been more accepted since, gee let's see, the early 20th century. And what does reality tv have anything to do with it?

Is this what the left truly thinks those of us on the right are really like?  icon_eek

Tripp?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:33:25 PM by hepcat » Logged

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2011, 07:34:37 PM »

It's amazing to me that if I even attempted to over-generalize the left i'd have at least half a dozen of you up my ass in seconds. But if one of your own do it, none of you will step up against it.

So I guess I could over-generalize lefties for this now?

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2011, 07:37:29 PM »

Tripp, put down the keyboard.  Your aunt's trying to harass the gays and needs the computer.

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2011, 07:41:47 PM »

Hypocritical, tree-hugging environmental weanies, anti-war, anti-free market, socialist, progressive spin-doctors that would rather bitch about America than actually stick up for it.

Wow, that felt better.

So now that i've over-generalized let's see the aftermath.

Edit: who the fuck is Tripp?

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2011, 07:45:17 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on January 18, 2011, 07:41:47 PM

Hypocritical, tree-hugging environmental weanies, anti-war, anti-free market, socialist, progressive spin-doctors that would rather bitch about America than actually stick up for it.

Wow, that felt better.

So now that i've over-generalized let's see the aftermath.

Edit: who the fuck is Tripp?

nice try, tripp.  now tell your mom that your deadbeat dad is out front with a news crew and he's got Dr. Drew with him.

Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2011, 08:23:09 PM »

Is a weanie someone who has been weaned off of something that we like?

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: