http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 01:07:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Benghazi Gate  (Read 1917 times)
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2012, 08:12:12 PM »

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2012, 11:27:19 PM »

During his appearance on Meet the Press this week, Senator Lindsey Graham insisted over and over again that the "video protest" narrative was invented because it worked so well to President Obama's advantage.

Quote from: Lindsey Graham
Well, I think one of the reasons that Susan Rice told the story she did, if the truth came out a few weeks before the election that our consulate in Benghazi, Libya, had been overrun by an al Qaeda sponsored or affiliated militia, that destroys the narrative we’ve been hearing for months that al Qaeda has been dismantled, bin Laden is dead, we’re safer.  And Susan Rice just did not say it was a result of a mob spawned by a video like Cairo.  She actually said on Face The Nation, “I want to remind the American people this president promised to go after bin Laden, refocus on al Qaeda.  He got bin Laden.  Al Qaeda has been dismantled.  And the truth of the matter is nothing could’ve been further from the truth, and the story she told reinforced a political narrative helpful to the president, but disconnected from reality.

"Nothing could be further from the truth."

Apparently Republicans, who ran their 2002, 2004, and 2006 campaigns almost exclusively on the fear that liberals would somehow invite worse attacks than 9/11, the anthrax mailings, multiple embassy attacks, and untold scores of deaths throughout Iraq and Afghanistan that were happening on their watch, are now arguing that this single terrorist attack had the potential to instantly unravel all of Obama's strategic victories against al Qaeda.

Seems like a stretch to me.  Of course, Susan Rice isn't the first administration official who's come under prolonged and concentrated fire for weirdly trumped-up reasons.

Previously there was Eric Holder:

Van Jones:

And Shirley Sherrod:

If two points make a line and three make a pattern, what do four make again?  I'd suggest "tapestry" but that implies too many colors.

-Autistic Angel
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2012, 01:54:08 AM »

I think the real cover up is what Susan Rice is taking to make a 50 year old woman look so young! biggrin

Also, adding "gate" to the end of a noun does not immediately make something a scandal, Eco.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2012, 07:38:29 AM »

haha, even I know why it is called Watergate...and it has nothing to do with the word Gate.

A new one
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2012, 02:52:59 AM »

Waterghazi?

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2012, 04:12:12 AM »

Bengate!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2012, 03:06:03 AM »

Hey where'd everybody go?

It was the Office of the Director of National Intelligence that took the words “al Qaeda” and “terrorism” out of Rice’s talking points for those Sept. 16 talk shows. It found also that both the CIA and the FBI approved of these edits, following standard operating procedure. The report states emphatically: “The White House or State Department did not make those changes.” One source told the network’s Margaret Brennan that the controversy over the word choice employed by Rice has come to the intel world as “a bit of a surprise.” Another source said that there were “legitimate intelligence and legal issues to consider, as is almost always the case when explaining classified assessments publicly.”

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2012, 12:44:56 PM »

I'm sure this will be called a coverup by the repubs who were screaming for Obama's head on a platter.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2012, 05:52:58 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 27, 2012, 12:44:56 PM

I'm sure this will be called a coverup by the repubs who were screaming for Obama's head on a platter.

When was the last time a US Ambassador was assassinated???  Wasn't it 1979????  Yet - NOTHING HAPPENS to those responsible.  They all get to keep their jobs???? 

If YOU allowed someone to get killed at YOUR job for not providing necessary security when YOU were warned repeatedly that additional security was needed, should YOU keep your job?  Heck - apparently providing new Chevy Volts to the Austrian Embassy for a ridiculous sum is more important than providing security in a high threat area.  The State Dept actually had the nerve to say they did not have the funds to improve security in Libya while they were busy handing money to GM for cars in Austria. 

But let's keep ignoring facts and just blame it on "repubs" over-reacting.  Stunning how ignorant many are of all the facts around this and were a "repub" President in office with these same facts, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, and everyone but Fox would be demanding action be taken.

NO AMBASSADOR DEATHS since 1979, yet somehow this is the "Repubs" issue?????? 

How many Ambassadors have died under any President since, say, 1900???  Is 112 year too long?  I only know of 2 Ambassadors being assassinated in that time span and BOTH were under Democratic Presidents with extremely weak Foreign Policy stances.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2012, 03:10:48 PM »

Dude, a little less Fox News maybe? I feel like I am reading Hannity sound bites in your posts.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:42:29 PM by Lee » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 03:31:15 PM »

theohall, you really should start reading these threads before you post in them. Tongue
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 07:30:29 PM »

Quote from: theohall on December 30, 2012, 05:52:58 AM

How many Ambassadors have died under any President since, say, 1900???  Is 112 year too long?  I only know of 2 Ambassadors being assassinated in that time span and BOTH were under Democratic Presidents with extremely weak Foreign Policy stances.

So...only the death of Ambassadors count?  The rest of an embassy's staff is expendable, I suppose.  7 U.S. embassies and consulates were attacked under Bush.  But I guess unless they explicity kill the Ambassador, that's not worth noting.

Sadly, you probably DO believe that.  It would suck to have to admit that you hadn't done your homework before posting that drivel.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: