http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 11:05:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bachmann Considers Suing Obama Over Canceled Plans Fix  (Read 744 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2013, 06:39:35 PM »

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) said Tuesday that she and several of her Republican collegaues in the House of Representatives are considering suing President Barack Obama for allowing plans canceled under the Affordable Care Act to be extended through 2014.

According to Politico, Bachmann, speaking at an event sponsored by the Heritage Foundation, accused the president of violating the constitutional separation of powers by changing the health care law through administrative means, rather than consulting Congress.

"That's the essence of lawlessness and now it's our time to defend our prerogative," she said.

When asked about the lawsuit by MinnPost, Bachmann's office said a lawsuit was not imminent, but was under discussion.

"She and some of her colleagues have had discussions about the best recourse to put a stop to his unconstitutional actions," a spokesman said in a statement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/19/michele-bachmann-obamacare-lawsuit_n_4304768.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

so, now if something is done that Reps don't like they'll just sue?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 08:47:48 PM »

It bothers me that my sympathies are with Bachmann on this one. Those are words I never expected to type.

While the role of the executive is to execute the laws, he's taking a lot of liberties with that function.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 12:18:17 AM »

Yeah I don't see how he can unilaterally change the law either, so he is over stepping himself here. But I also find it hilarious that the GOP has cried for the past month about people losing their plans, then when Obama does something about it they then cry that he shouldn't be doing something about it.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 04:09:59 AM »

"[The President] shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed..."

I suppose lawyers can argue endlessly over the meaning of "faithfully," but from a plain English standpoint that seems pretty cut and dried to me. Not only should allowing substandard plans to stand for another year be illegal, it also undermines the mechanism of the law itself.

What's he going to do when people learn that "you can keep your doctor" was wrong, too?

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 02:07:50 PM »

Personally I think he should withdraw his proposal, citing 'intense Republican backlash' and put it all on them. Then he gets the benefit of looking like he tried to fix things AND the benefit of not looking like a usurper by withdrawing his attempted fix.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 12:35:05 AM »

And we should just then forget his 'fix' was something completely against the law?
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 01:29:58 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on November 22, 2013, 12:35:05 AM

And we should just then forget his 'fix' was something completely against the law?

And yet another example of how 'you can't win for losing'. Is there any particular scenario where Obama can do something about Obamacare where you won't get outraged? Short of repealing the thing entirely?

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 02:49:12 PM »

Quote from: raydude on November 22, 2013, 01:29:58 PM

And yet another example of how 'you can't win for losing'. Is there any particular scenario where Obama can do something about Obamacare where you won't get outraged? Short of repealing the thing entirely?
No, cause then he would have just wasted a ton of taxpayers money from nothing. Do at this point there is literally nothing that he can do that would please them.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 04:59:14 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 22, 2013, 02:49:12 PM

No, cause then he would have just wasted a ton of taxpayers money from nothing. Do at this point there is literally nothing that he can do that would please them.

I bet resigning would make them happy, but only until they realized Biden was next in line.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 07:49:12 PM »

Nice dodging there.   I am most outraged that he simply felt he could just ignore and violate the law with his 'fix'.    Its sad that his supporters like you just don't care about that.

As for what to do about Obamacare..... its a bad law in its entirety, there are some good ideas that could be kept but the whole individual mandate is what I have the biggest problem with.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 08:49:53 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on November 22, 2013, 07:49:12 PM

Nice dodging there.   I am most outraged that he simply felt he could just ignore and violate the law with his 'fix'.    Its sad that his supporters like you just don't care about that.

As for what to do about Obamacare..... its a bad law in its entirety, there are some good ideas that could be kept but the whole individual mandate is what I have the biggest problem with.

Well you can thank your precious republicans for the way the bill turned out.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 09:24:14 PM »

Quote from: Lee on November 25, 2013, 08:49:53 PM

This has been pointed out to brettmcd in the past but he just ignores it.  I can't quite figure out if he has some sort of legitimate memory problem that causes all of his political knowledge to center on the most recent right-wing talking point he hears, or if he's training for an Olympic medal in Purposeful Self-Delusion.

Either way, don't take it personally when he repeats this exact same talking point in...oh, about 1.5 Outrages from now.  It's not you; it's him.

-Autistic Angel
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 06:04:11 AM »

Quote from: Lee on November 25, 2013, 08:49:53 PM

They sure as hell aren't my republicans, I haven't voted for a single one of them in any election.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: