http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 07:16:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Army promotes openly lesbian soldier to Brigadier General  (Read 1548 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2012, 06:24:06 PM »

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/post/new-gay-general-a-salute-is-in-order/2012/08/14/db358ad2-e631-11e1-9739-eef99c5fb285_blog.html

Last year, the United States ended the centuries-old ban on gays in the military, along with two decades of a draconian “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” policy. On Friday, Tammy Smith became the nation’s first openly gay flag-ranking military officer.

Her new, five-pointed jewelry was pinned on her uniform at a ceremony in Arlington by her wife, Tracey Hepner. Hepner is a founder of the Military Partners and Families Coalition, which “advocates for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender military partners and their families. “

"Looking at the photos of Tracey’s joy as she pins the star on my shoulder is a memory that will imprint my heart forever,” Brig. Gen. Smith said. Although she acknowledged that the Defense Department prefers that sexual orientation remain “a private matter,” she said that “participating with family in traditional ceremonies” is what is  “expected of a leader."

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 03:29:21 PM »

Does anyone have an updated timeline on when the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell is going to force all our military leaders into retirement, prompt a mass exodus among the rank and file troops, eradicate the Army Chaplain Corps, and destroy the morale of fighting units serving on the battlefield?

Or is everybody ready to accept that Conservative attempts to paint our armed forces as a mob of hateful, homophobic juveniles were just vicious slander?

-Autistic Angel
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 16, 2012, 03:29:21 PM

Does anyone have an updated timeline on when the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell is going to force all our military leaders into retirement, prompt a mass exodus among the rank and file troops, eradicate the Army Chaplain Corps, and destroy the morale of fighting units serving on the battlefield?

Or is everybody ready to accept that Conservative attempts to paint our armed forces as a mob of hateful, homophobic juveniles were just vicious slander?

-Autistic Angel

Yes  slywink

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: