http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 01:14:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there...  (Read 3149 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2013, 07:10:08 PM »

Any there any right leaning, I.E. conservative groups/individuals you all attribute to Detroit going bankrupt?

Instead of starting a thread regarding Detroit and blaming who is responsible, I thought I'd give you all a chance to respond first.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 07:19:33 PM »

Translation:  I'm looking for a way to bash democrats but I'm not terribly good at hiding my true intentions.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 07:19:48 PM »

Obama?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 07:21:23 PM »

Quote from: Purge on July 24, 2013, 07:19:48 PM

Obama?

He spells it OBAMA!!!

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 07:26:20 PM »

The best way to deal with another Eco outrage thread (or one that was created in order to become so) is just to ignore his baiting and discuss it objectively.

Here's a great article from Forbes that goes into detail about the current state (as in status) of Detroit and how American car manufacturers contributed towards the bankruptcy.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:37:50 PM by hepcat » Logged

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 07:27:36 PM »

Crazy idea, but there may be a chance that the failure of an entire major city may be the result of a long and complex series of intertwined events, people, and circumstances, rather than the direct fault of any one person or group.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 07:37:27 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on July 24, 2013, 07:27:36 PM

Crazy idea, but there may be a chance that the failure of an entire major city may be the result of a long and complex series of intertwined events, people, and circumstances, rather than the direct fault of any one person or group.

Now that's just crazy talk!

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 07:49:08 PM »

More like the labor unions that you all hold so dear to your heart...  Try again.

Loving the responses so far.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 07:57:25 PM »

For the thick headed of you that require a pink, here you go;

http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2013/07/24/the-big-lie-that-drove-detroit-into-bankruptcy-was-liberalism-itself/

Of course it's an editorial, an accurate one though.

Who gives a shit what your ignorant ass, based on bullshit logic response will be.

Definitely not me. Monkeys in a cage....
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »

icon_lol

Eco creates thread and pats himself on the back for being "clever" in his attempt to make his latest attempt at bashing dems and libs seem like an honest attempt at political discourse.

Everyone else has the power of logic on their side and calls him out on it.

Eco goes off on a rage fit.

Who gives a shit what your ignorant ass, based on bullshit logic response will be.

You sure do spend a LOT of energy trying to get people around here to agree with you though.  I've lost track of the number of times you've had a melt down because people wouldn't side with you on one thing or another.  You should look into that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:05:38 PM by hepcat » Logged

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on July 24, 2013, 07:57:25 PM

Definitely not me.

Maybe discussion forums aren't really what you're looking for?  May I suggest a blog, twitter, or perhaps a magic marker on all the interior walls of your home?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 08:18:52 PM »

I'm more interested to see what the domino effect of this might be.  It's not like Detroit is the only city facing this sort of crisis.  (it's a Fox News link Eco, you're allowed to click on it)

Your echo chamber must be truly deafening.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 08:20:23 PM »

Because it takes so much time to prod this cage...  If you're one the wrong side of an issue, you're on the wrong side of an issue, and in this case (regarding Detroit bankruptcy) it's clearly not me.

The SAD thing is I'm firmly of the opinion that the trend of witnessing liberal policies/views resulting it total failure is going to continue. Whether it be the lack of attention to the $17 trillion elephant in the room or the healthcare bill that was never setup to succeed.... Among a slew of other things...
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 08:40:44 PM »

If it weren't for liberals, Detroit would be a thriving metropolis right now; the envy of the world. There are no other factors at play. If you revised the timeline from the date of Detroit's founding to the present and snipped out every liberal born, you would have a 2013 with an awesome Detroit. Fact.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 08:41:49 PM »

I blame the residents for not burning down the city as they left.  Lazy asses....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 08:45:27 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 24, 2013, 08:18:52 PM

I'm more interested to see what the domino effect of this might be.  It's not like Detroit is the only city facing this sort of crisis.  (it's a Fox News link Eco, you're allowed to click on it)

Your echo chamber must be truly deafening.

Of course it's not just Detroit, it's our whole freaking country facing this issue.  Detroit is just the beginning and until we elect officials that are willing to address these issue (of spending way beyond our means) honestly, we are screwed.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 08:47:31 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on July 24, 2013, 08:40:44 PM

If it weren't for liberals, Detroit would be a thriving metropolis right now; the envy of the world. There are no other factors at play. If you revised the timeline from the date of Detroit's founding to the present and snipped out every liberal born, you would have a 2013 with an awesome Detroit. Fact.
Oh, touché, when in reality, if it wasn't for liberal ass labor unions like the UAW, Detroit wouldn't be in this mess.

Wait for it, your fucking president will probably figure our a way to bail them out a second time... With our money.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 08:50:34 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on July 24, 2013, 08:47:31 PM

Oh, touché, when in reality, if it wasn't for liberal ass labor unions like the UAW, Detroit wouldn't be in this mess.
So yes, what I posted is your reality?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »

OBAMA!!!

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 09:34:22 PM »

I'm really gonna have to lump Eco in the Troll category now.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 09:43:45 PM »

My favorite part comes when he inevitably starts screaming, "Look out, I'm shaking some cages today!" while everyone else in the room looks on with a bemused expression before wandering back to Off-Topic.   icon_lol

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 09:45:07 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on July 24, 2013, 08:50:34 PM

So yes, what I posted is your reality?

if we're revising the timeline can we also snip out Menudo, the last couple of months of the year of 2003, Carrottop (seriously, we don't need a prop comic), Herbie Goes to Paris and the invention of the button fly for jeans?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 09:46:12 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 24, 2013, 09:45:07 PM

Carrottop (seriously, we don't need a prop comic),

It's not a question of "need" and you know it!  It's a question of "want"!

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 10:14:46 PM »

Just telling it like it is, if it's "troll like" in your reality to blame a majority of the Detroit bankruptcy on labor unions, than consider me a troll.
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 10:26:41 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on July 24, 2013, 08:45:27 PM

Of course it's not just Detroit, it's our whole freaking country facing this issue.  Detroit is just the beginning and until we elect officials that are willing to address these issue (of spending way beyond our taxation levels) honestly, we are screwed.

FTFY.  Tax Cuts do actually impact revenues.  No, really!

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 10:33:12 PM »

The facts about Detroit are pretty freaking clear.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 10:34:25 PM »

Maybe not popular, but pretty clear.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 10:36:40 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on July 24, 2013, 10:14:46 PM

Just telling it like it is, if it's "troll like" in your reality to blame a majority of the Detroit bankruptcy on labor unions, than consider me a troll.
You're getting close to a reasonable post!  

You have a qualifier! "a majority of"

You have a specific point you're making, rather than just shaking your fist at a large and vaguely defined group of people! "labor unions"

Now if you try stating our opinion without any namecalling or sweeping generalizations, you may even find some people agreeing with you! Yes, even pinko commie liberals like me!

I certainly believe unions had a lot to do with the problems of major airlines; I don't honk* you would have to try very hard to convince me they are a big part of Detroit's issues as well.

*autocorrect, but I like it better this way
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 01:23:46 AM »

I couldn't care less one way or the other about this issue, but I don't understand Eco's purpose here.  Do you truly just get off on stirring up people's emotions?  You're quite the ass in P&R and remind me why I don't come here often.  I'd rather spend an weekend in a cabin with ATB than spend 10 minutes 'discussing' anything with you.

Also is there no limit to just being and ass or namecalling in P&R?  I see tons of threads with it and it's usually Eco doing it frown
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 02:05:15 AM »

Wait for it, your fucking president will probably figure our a way to bail them out a second time... With our money.

Unless you secretly became a Canadian, he's your president too. 

We all had to claim Bush for 8 years (along with the endless screeching about how "unpatriotic" it was not to "respect the office")...now it's your turn.

Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 01:23:49 PM »

For the thick headed of you that require a pink, here you go;

http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2013/07/24/the-big-lie-that-drove-detroit-into-bankruptcy-was-liberalism-itself/

Of course it's an editorial, an accurate one though.

Why is this f-ing troll tolerated around here?

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 01:38:44 PM »

I just read through the Code of Conduct, and I think that if people want to have the issue addressed it needs to be reported to the moderators. The topic itself is "are there any right-wing groups responsible?" but it's a pretty thin veneer for a left-wing trolling session. Some folks have tried to bring the conversation to an intelligent high-point (as in discussing the Detroit thing and the people responsible).

I'm not a mod here. My suggestion would be to start a thread with a broader scope on the Detroit bankruptcy and speak there, and let this one die. If you have a problem with a post or demeanor, you can also report it directly using the report post.

The problem in this case is that if it's a given that EcoLogic as nothing but a troll, then everyone here has been feeding him. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 01:42:39 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 25, 2013, 01:23:46 AM

I'd rather spend an weekend in a cabin with ATB

unibrow   Fabulous

We'd get along fine in RL, Hark. I'm pretty sure of that.

The problem in this case is that if it's a given that EcoLogic as nothing but a troll, then everyone here has been feeding him. slywink

Not to talk about Eco like he's not in the room, but I just don't get this recent (3-5 months) turn of events.  In years past, I spent a lot of time gaming him and he's a decent nice guy 'in person'.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:44:38 PM by ATB » Logged
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 02:09:31 PM »

I wish I could get on a high horse, but I've been less than gentlemanly in my responses to Eco.  So perhaps I'm partially (if not mostly) responsible for his tendency to melt down and start slinging insults at anyone who doesn't share his world view. 

I often wish I could be better than that, but to be honest, sometimes I just blow off a little steam on the internet tubez.  However, I always view those moments as simply light hearted banter and schoolyard goofiness.  If I'm causing anyone actual distress during those moments, I apologize.  I think anonymous interaction on a forum is inevitably going to lead to some form of frustrated reply at one point or another, so I tend not to get TOO worked up over them. 

I will point out that Ceekay's attack on the 'top earlier in this thread has left me utterly devastated and shaking with righteous fury.  I want both a full apology AND pictures of him licking something he's found on the floor of a men's room at a truck stop by 5pm today or I'm going to post lengthy diatribes on why Purge isn't as sexy as he thinks he is, ATB is actually Alec Baldwin's illegitimate son, Gratch is STILL a practicing Mormon AND is wearing magic underwear at this very moment, and Fireball is really an alias used by Zekester to fool all of us.

Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 02:20:30 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 25, 2013, 02:09:31 PM

Fireball is really an alias used by Zekester to fool all of us.

Actually, it's the reverse!

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 02:33:55 PM »

Damnit!  I KNEW there was something up when he spelled "the" right on more than one occasion!

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 03:16:25 PM »

Somehow this seemed appropriate here.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 03:32:18 PM »

Quote from: Purge on July 25, 2013, 01:38:44 PM

I just read through the Code of Conduct, and I think that if people want to have the issue addressed it needs to be reported to the moderators. The topic itself is "are there any right-wing groups responsible?" but it's a pretty thin veneer for a left-wing trolling session. Some folks have tried to bring the conversation to an intelligent high-point (as in discussing the Detroit thing and the people responsible).

I'm not a mod here. My suggestion would be to start a thread with a broader scope on the Detroit bankruptcy and speak there, and let this one die. If you have a problem with a post or demeanor, you can also report it directly using the report post.

Ive asked for his banning several times both on the forums, by pm's and by reporting his posts. I dont know of any other sites that would put up with the blatant trolling and namecalling. There is no good outcome for anyone from him being here, nor his posts.

A new one
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 03:44:24 PM »

I think banning is a bit extreme.  He seems reasonable enough in the Off-Topic forum.  It's only here in the political forum that he comes across as a bit troubled.  The resulting melt downs are always so ludicrous that you have to laugh at them though.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm also guilty of some name calling and insults.  So I would feel rather bad if someone else were to be banned for it in this section of GT. 

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 03:47:23 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 25, 2013, 03:44:24 PM

I think banning is a bit extreme.  He seems reasonable enough in the Off-Topic forum.  It's only here in the political forum that he comes across as a bit troubled.  The resulting melt downs are always so ludicrous that you have to laugh at them though.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm also guilty of some name calling and insults.  So I would feel rather bad if someone else were to be banned for it in this section of GT. 

I agree. Plus I actually enjoy a good Eco blow up thread. Of course I loved the Zeke ones too back in the day so my opinion probably doesn't count for much.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: