http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 10:55:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another reason not to give to the Salvation Army  (Read 399 times)
Moliere
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2013, 02:35:43 AM »

Besides their annoying bells in front of the store they are not so keen on the geys:

Salvation Army says “Gays Need to Be Put to Death”

“ Ryan: According to the Salvation Army gay parents deserve death. How do you respond to that, as part of your doctrine?”

“Craibe: Well, that’s a part of our belief system.”

Ryan: So they should die.”

“Craibe: You know, we have an alignment to the Scriptures, but that’s our belief.”

“Ryan: You’re proposing in your doctrine that because these parents are gay, that they must die.”

“Craibe: Well, well, because that is part of our Christian doctrine “

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 02:43:33 AM »

For all the good that they do, the Salvation Army is a fundie Christian organization that will never get a dime from me. There are plenty of other worthy charities without the offensive attitude. "Salvation" is a deal-breaker for me.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 06:27:18 AM »

A friend of mine wrote a letter to the danish division of the Salvation Army,  "Frelsens Hær", and here is the reply.

The links mentioned that you link to, I can only on my own and Salvation Army behalf condemn. This reflects the rhetoric and attitude that does not belong anywhere at home - not in a religious community, which is and can be differentiated approach to the issue of homosexuality. Salvation Army in Australia and internationally took indeed distance from the statements in the link above. They are not adequate for the Salvation Army's faith. I am attaching the opinion of Australia, where the case originated. It is approx. a year ago that the statements came.

The Salvation Army must reject any persecution of people regardless of race, religion or sexuality.
It belongs to the Salvation Army's beliefs and values ​​that everyone must meet and be treated with dignity, respect and non-discrimination.
The Salvation Army has many people and different opinions about life, sexuality and being human.
Homosexuality is a subject that in church circles is controversial and still talk. Salvation Army official international position is that you do not support the right to marriage of homosexuals. This position will be members of the Salvation Army, who agree, and there are also others who disagree with the official position. But regardless of position on this issue, one must eschew any kind of hateful attacks or expressions that tarnishes human dignity.

So, its not universal, and the Danish Salvation Army does very fine work.

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 10:54:56 AM »

but who will pay for their bells?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: