http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 04:42:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Americans unhappy with Supreme Court  (Read 286 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2012, 05:45:46 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/08/supreme-court-poll_n_1580139.html?ref=politics

Now the people have weighed in on the justices of the high court, and the report isn't stellar. According to a new poll conducted by The New York Times and CBS News, just 44 percent of Americans approve of the job the Supreme Court is doing.

Three-quarters said the nine justices sometimes decided cases based on their personal or political views, rather than along constitutional lines. Only 1 in 8 Americans said the justices decided cases based solely on legal analysis, The New York Times reported.

Sixty percent of Americans also agreed with the statement that "appointing Supreme Court justices for life is a bad thing because it gives them too much power." Only one-third said that life tenure for justices was "a good thing because it helps keep them independent from political pressures."

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 02:30:17 AM »

Put me in the Disapprove camp, especially since the Citizens United decision turned elections over to the highest bidders.

Does anyone believe that the forthcoming ruling on Obamacare will be rooted more in law than in politics?

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 08:16:59 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on June 09, 2012, 02:30:17 AM

Put me in the Disapprove camp, especially since the Citizens United decision turned elections over to the highest bidders.

Does anyone believe that the forthcoming ruling on Obamacare will be rooted more in law than in politics?

Does anyone believe that virtually every decision since Bush vs. Gore has been rooted more in law than in politics?

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 02:24:50 AM »

I often wonder why people think that every election is bought now.    All the money in the world isnt going to force a person to vote in a way they don't want to.   All the political ads out there dont influence my vote one bit.   

Unless of course you think vote totals are being changed and manipulated somehow by monied interests, if that is the case any more discussion would be pointless.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 02:25:37 AM »

You != other people

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 02:29:54 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 15, 2012, 02:25:37 AM

You != other people

Its not all that hard to have a mind and use it to make decisions on ones own.   All the information anyone wants is out there.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 05:17:59 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd on June 15, 2012, 02:29:54 AM

You != other people

Its not all that hard to have a mind and use it to make decisions on ones own.   All the information anyone wants is out there.

Logic has nothing to do with it. If commercials and the like didn't sway undecided voters, people wouldn't spend money on them.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 06:08:49 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 15, 2012, 05:17:59 AM

Quote from: brettmcd on June 15, 2012, 02:29:54 AM

You != other people

Logic has nothing to do with it. If commercials and the like didn't sway undecided voters, people wouldn't spend money on them.

The key phrase being "undecided voters." 80% of the electorate votes on partisan lines and can be safely ignored. The other 20% decide the elections.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: