http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 02:56:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Do over. Obama Again? 2012. Obama Reelect?  (Read 1500 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2011, 02:50:44 AM »

So. It's 2008. Knowing the absolute nothing that his presidency has been in its first term, would you vote for Obama again?

Also, it's 2012. You re-electing him?
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 03:09:32 AM »

Yes and yes. Without a second thought.

Though is has almost as much to do with how miserable his opponents were/are as it does with him.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 03:29:54 AM »

I'll admit it.  I thought we'd get some kind of FDR 40 days out of Obama when he was elected, or when we got a Democrat majority, or... at some point?  Bueller?  As long as the Republican candidate isn't a nutjob, I'll at least consider him or her.  Or a 3rd party candidate.  And I'm pretty damn left wing.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 03:55:21 AM »

I didn't vote for him, nor his opposition and I'd vote the same given the chance again.  I was pretty sure he was fucked at the time, though this is a level of fucked I could not fathom.

I may vote for him 2012, given who the Repubs are running out there (assholes I want nowhere near in charge).  If the Repubs through out a decent candidate, I will likely abstain once again.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 04:06:28 AM »

Quote from: gellar on August 08, 2011, 03:55:21 AM

I may vote for him 2012, given who the Repubs are running out there (assholes I want nowhere near in charge).  If the Repubs through out a decent candidate, I will likely abstain once again.

through ? That really changes the meaning of that sentence. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 04:26:45 AM »

Haha... yes, I suppose it does.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 08:36:13 AM »

I have a new political philosophy that trumps all party lines.

To me, all politicians are either corrupt or self-serving.  The ones who aren't don't have the seniority to truly get anything changed, and by the time they do, they're corrupt or self-serving. 

So here's the philosphy:

One and done.  If you're an incumbent?  Yeah, you're out. 

The only exception is if the other person just scares the living hell out of me (like Gore did back in 2000, and Bush did in 2004).
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 09:11:44 AM »

Voted for him in 08 due to some of the promises he made (and broke) but will not be voting for him again in 2012. The deficit is sky rocketing under Obama as well. Granted Bush left us in a bad spot, someone's got to say enough is enough and force the government to live within it's means.

I think the candidate I'm leaning towards most now is Ron Paul because say what you will about him, he's always been consistent in his record and I see no reason why that wouldn't carry over if he became president.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 03:06:50 PM »

Ain't exactly happy with Obama, but he was left in an impossible position with two wars, an inherited Trillion dollar deficit and an economy that had been in a recession/depression for over a year.  Frankly, I don't think Jesus could have turned this around.  I certainly believe that John "the fundamentals are strong" McCain would have done worse.

Given the quality of the GOP candidates lining up in 2012, it's either going to be O or Nobody in 2012.  The Rs are either downright crazy like Paul and Bachmann, self-serving douchebags like Gingrich and Palin, massive hypocrites like Romney or fundamentalists who want to turn the country into a Baptist Church.  There's not a moderate, non-fundamentalist Republican out there to vote for.

Oh wait, there is.  He's called Obama. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:09:09 PM by Blackadar » Logged

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 03:29:26 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on August 08, 2011, 08:36:13 AM

So here's the philosphy:

I believe that the Californians in these parts would tell you that this strategy ends up turning all the power over to the lobbyists to coach the new office holders, as they have no ability to learn the ins and outs of the policies on which they are required to rule.

Yeah, I'm voting for Obama again.  But then, I live in Texas, so it's not like it makes a damn bit of difference with the electoral college.  I'm not convinced Perry won't win the state on a write-in vote even if he doesn't ever declare and/or survive primary season.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 03:48:05 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 08, 2011, 03:29:26 PM

So here's the philosphy:

I believe that the Californians in these parts would tell you that this strategy ends up turning all the power over to the lobbyists to coach the new office holders, as they have no ability to learn the ins and outs of the policies on which they are required to rule.

Yeah, I'm voting for Obama again.  But then, I live in Texas, so it's not like it makes a damn bit of difference with the electoral college.  I'm not convinced Perry won't win the state on a write-in vote even if he doesn't ever declare and/or survive primary season.

Pretty much everything Izzie just said. I still can't understand Texans' infatuation with Rick Perry other than his badass first name.  icon_lol
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 04:55:15 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on August 08, 2011, 03:48:05 PM

So here's the philosphy:

Pretty much everything Izzie just said. I still can't understand Texans' infatuation with Rick Perry other than his badass first name.  icon_lol

Words cannot describe how much I despise Rick Perry.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 04:55:51 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on August 08, 2011, 03:48:05 PM

So here's the philosphy:

One and done.  If you're an incumbent?  Yeah, you're out.  

Yeah, I'm voting for Obama again.  But then, I live in Texas, so it's not like it makes a damn bit of difference with the electoral college.  I'm not convinced Perry won't win the state on a write-in vote even if he doesn't ever declare and/or survive primary season.

Pretty much everything Izzie just said. I still can't understand Texans' infatuation with Rick Perry other than his badass first name.  icon_lol

Seems... effeminate, no? slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »

Quote from: ATB on August 08, 2011, 02:50:44 AM

So. It's 2008. Knowing the absolute nothing that his presidency has been in its first term, would you vote for Obama again?

If I could send a bundle of information about Barack Obama's presidency back in time to October of 2008, I would want to include details about how he would save the American auto industry by bailing out Chrysler and General Motors.  While Republicans would propose doing nothing, allowing that entire sector of our economy to collapse and putting thousands of people out of work in the middle of an economic recession, Obama would press ahead with a government loans to allow time to restructure and begin turning profits again.

I would want to include details about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.  The most sweeping healthcare reform bill to pass in over fifty years, "Obamacare" will be the result of 1.5 years of constant negotiations with Republicans who continuous move the goalposts and spread baldfaced lies about the creation of Death Panels and the gutting of Medicare.  The PPACA may not be the universal healthcare my younger self hopes for, but it will outlaw recission, close the Medicare "doughnut hole," and allow friends of mine with preexisting conditions to purchase private health insurance for the first time in their adult lives.

I'd caution myself that President Obama would not close down Guantanamo Bay as he was promising, but that he would initiate an organized drawdown of troops in Iraq, refocus support for Afghanistan, repeal DADT, and reverse several Bush-era policies by increasing orders for modern body armor, enacting tax and mortgage protections for troops on active duty, and as recently as August 2011, increasing the amount of time between deployments.  Oh, and he's going to kill Osama Bin Laden.  

I'd include information about the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and how Obama would successfully force BP to set aside a $20-billion fund to cover the cleanup, even as Republican Joe Barton apologized to BP for the inconvenience of taking responsibility for their actions.  I'd tell myself how Obama was going to reverse the Mexico City Policy and increase federal funding for embryonic stem cell research -- two Bush-era policies that, again, were directly harming friends of mine.  

To help my past self make the most informed decision, I'd also want to have information about the Republican behavior over the coming years.  The permanent senate filibuster over even the most routine matters, including a renewal of the START Treaty with Russia.  The elimination of ACORN and smear campaign against Shirley Sherrod and Planned Parenthood based on carefully edited videotapes produced by inveterate liars.  The Paul Ryan budget plan to eliminate Medicare and replace it with a voucher program.  Sarah Palin -- 2008's Republican pick for vice president! -- quitting her job as Governor halfway through her first term.

And then there's the debt ceiling issue: Republicans threatening to trigger a global economic crisis unless their demands were met.  Economists warned for *months* that even talking about playing Chicken with default could result in a credit downgrade, but they pushed it down to the last minute, eking out every last concession they could, and then immediately started boasting about how they'd be able to repeat the same hostage situation again and again and again.  The result, exactly as predicted, is a credit downgrade from Standard & Poors that cites their dangerous brinksmanship as the cause...and Conservatives are blaming Barack Obama for not stopping them from causing the damage.

I wonder how all the "absolute nothing" of Obama's first presidency would have affected my vote.

-Autistic Angel
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 07:30:11 PM »

Yeah, no way in hell I would ever vote for Rick Perry. 

How he has the balls to ask for a day of prayer to help with the economic recession, while in his 10 years as governor has gone from a budget SURPLUS to one of the largest state deficits in HISTORY (over 18 billion, ya'll) is astounding.  And we /re-elected him last year/.

Haaaate.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 07:33:11 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 08, 2011, 07:21:37 PM

Quote from: ATB on August 08, 2011, 02:50:44 AM

If I could send a bundle of information about Barack Obama's presidency back in time to October of 2008, I would want to include details about how he would save the American auto industry by bailing out Chrysler and General Motors.  While Republicans would propose doing nothing, allowing that entire sector of our economy to collapse and putting thousands of people out of work in the middle of an economic recession, Obama would press ahead with a government loans to allow time to restructure and begin turning profits again.

I would want to include details about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.  The most sweeping healthcare reform bill to pass in over fifty years, "Obamacare" will be the result of 1.5 years of constant negotiations with Republicans who continuous move the goalposts and spread baldfaced lies about the creation of Death Panels and the gutting of Medicare.  The PPACA may not be the universal healthcare my younger self hopes for, but it will outlaw recission, close the Medicare "doughnut hole," and allow friends of mine with preexisting conditions to purchase private health insurance for the first time in their adult lives.

I'd caution myself that President Obama would not close down Guantanamo Bay as he was promising, but that he would initiate an organized drawdown of troops in Iraq, refocus support for Afghanistan, repeal DADT, and reverse several Bush-era policies by increasing orders for modern body armor, enacting tax and mortgage protections for troops on active duty, and as recently as August 2011, increasing the amount of time between deployments.  Oh, and he's going to kill Osama Bin Laden.  

I'd include information about the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and how Obama would successfully force BP to set aside a $20-billion fund to cover the cleanup, even as Republican Joe Barton apologized to BP for the inconvenience of taking responsibility for their actions.  I'd tell myself how Obama was going to reverse the Mexico City Policy and increase federal funding for embryonic stem cell research -- two Bush-era policies that, again, were directly harming friends of mine.  

To help my past self make the most informed decision, I'd also want to have information about the Republican behavior over the coming years.  The permanent senate filibuster over even the most routine matters, including a renewal of the START Treaty with Russia.  The elimination of ACORN and smear campaign against Shirley Sherrod and Planned Parenthood based on carefully edited videotapes produced by inveterate liars.  The Paul Ryan budget plan to eliminate Medicare and replace it with a voucher program.  Sarah Palin -- 2008's Republican pick for vice president! -- quitting her job as Governor halfway through her first term.

And then there's the debt ceiling issue: Republicans threatening to trigger a global economic crisis unless their demands were met.  Economists warned for *months* that even talking about playing Chicken with default could result in a credit downgrade, but they pushed it down to the last minute, eking out every last concession they could, and then immediately started boasting about how they'd be able to repeat the same hostage situation again and again and again.  The result, exactly as predicted, is a credit downgrade from Standard & Poors that cites their dangerous brinksmanship as the cause...and Conservatives are blaming Barack Obama for not stopping them from causing the damage.

I wonder how all the "absolute nothing" of Obama's first presidency would have affected my vote.

-Autistic Angel

First, a winnar is you.

Quote from: Zarkon on August 08, 2011, 07:30:11 PM

Yeah, no way in hell I would ever vote for Rick Perry. 

How he has the balls to ask for a day of prayer to help with the economic recession, while in his 10 years as governor has gone from a budget SURPLUS to one of the largest state deficits in HISTORY (over 18 billion, ya'll) is astounding.  And we /re-elected him last year/.

Haaaate.

Second, yeah. I so hoped that Bill White had this last election...  icon_cry
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 07:37:43 PM »

I'm not sure Perry is so popular in Texas - in this poll only 4% of Texas Republicans would vote for him in the primary.

erry's not even the top-rated Texan in the race. That distinction gos to U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Surfside, who's at 10 percent among registered voters who say they will vote in the Republican primary. The leader of the pack and it's a narrow lead in a pack without a clear front-runner is former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, at 12 percent, followed by former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich, at 11 percent, and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, 10 percent. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota each have the support of 7 percent, followed by celebrity businessman Donald Trump, 6 percent; Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, 4 percent; former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, 3 percent; and Gov. Mitch Daniels of Indiana and former Gov. Jon Huntsman of Utah, at 1 percent each.

Granted, this poll is from May.  A lot has changed since then...
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 08:48:40 PM »

If we could rewind to the primaries, I would have supported Clinton over Obama. She already had lots of experience with the vast right-wing conspiracy and would not have capitulated so quickly in the name of compromise. And she's proven to be quite adept at foreign policy.

If Obama was the 2008 nominee anyway, then yes, I probably would vote for him again, if only to keep Palin out of the White House.

I'm reserving judgment on 2012. If the Republicans nominate one of those scary wingnuts, I'll likely vote for Obama again. If they nominate a moderate, I might return to my lifelong habit of supporting third party challengers. Not that it matters. MA always goes solidly Democratic, so my vote is only a symbolic matter of conscience anyway.

I sure as hell won't vote for Romney again, having made that mistake once already.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 09:19:23 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on August 08, 2011, 08:48:40 PM

If Obama was the 2008 nominee anyway, then yes, I probably would vote for him again, if only to keep Palin out of the White House.

I'm reserving judgment on 2012. If the Republicans nominate one of those scary wingnuts, I'll likely vote for Obama again. If they nominate a moderate, I might return to my lifelong habit of supporting third party challengers. Not that it matters. MA always goes solidly Democratic, so my vote is only a symbolic matter of conscience anyway.

This, basically.

Oh, and nice work AA.   thumbsup

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 11:11:13 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on August 08, 2011, 03:06:50 PM

There's not a moderate, non-fundamentalist Republican out there to vote for.

Oh wait, there is.  He's called Obama. 

This is too funny.

icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 12:26:12 AM »

Obama has achieved many noteworthy and praiseworthy things. He has also failed remarkably on matters fiscal, mostly because of his apparent fear of raising taxes on the middle class. All in all, the country is better that he, and not John McCain, is in the White House right now. Would it be better if Hillary Clinton was president? Perhaps. But her incompetent campaign closed the door on that possibility.

I look forward to voting for Obama in 2012.

And I hope I can vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016. Or maybe Andrew Cuomo.

brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 12:43:01 AM »

Quote from: Fireball1244 on August 09, 2011, 12:26:12 AM

Obama has achieved many noteworthy and praiseworthy things. He has also failed remarkably on matters fiscal, mostly because of his apparent fear of raising taxes on the middle class. All in all, the country is better that he, and not John McCain, is in the White House right now. Would it be better if Hillary Clinton was president? Perhaps. But her incompetent campaign closed the door on that possibility.

I look forward to voting for Obama in 2012.

And I hope I can vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016. Or maybe Andrew Cuomo.

He has also failed completely on civil liberties issues relating to the war on terror as on those things he might as well be the third term of Bush.
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 12:43:30 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on August 08, 2011, 08:48:40 PM

I sure as hell won't vote for Romney again, having made that mistake once already.

Romney is the only Republican candidate I would consider voting for.  The others just seem nuts.  I guess I could see voting for Huntsman as well, but he's got absolutely zero chances of making it through the primary.

Bachman?  No.

Rick Perry, aka George W. Bush round two?  No thank you.

Newt Gingrich?  There was a time when I thought Newt was a pretty smart guy and had some good ideas, but that time has long since passed.

TPaw?  I haven't been impressed with him.  

Romney does seem like he has a tendency to blow with the wind.  But at least he's smart and honest enough to admit that global warming is happening and that humans have had a lot to do with it.  He still refuses to disavow his Massachusetts Health Plan which is essentially Obamacare, but just for one state.  So he's got at least some back bone.

I used to be middle-of-the-road, non-partisan, but these days the majority of Republicans have veered off into crazy territory.  God knows what they would do with control of both houses and the Presidency, I sure don't want to see it.  That right there is sufficient for me to vote for Obama in 2012.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 02:06:53 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd on August 09, 2011, 12:43:01 AM

He has also failed completely on civil liberties issues relating to the war on terror as on those things he might as well be the third term of Bush.

I thought that the "Change we can believe in" would entail a clean break from Bush's policies, and that's what I get for projecting my assumptions onto an empty slogan.

Quote from: ydejin on August 09, 2011, 12:43:30 AM

Romney is the only Republican candidate I would consider voting for.  The others just seem nuts.  I guess I could see voting for Huntsman as well, but he's got absolutely zero chances of making it through the primary.

Romney does seem like he has a tendency to blow with the wind.  

He was a lousy governor for two reasons. First, he was frustrated that a governor is not a CEO who can issue orders that will be followed. He didn't have the stamina or the heart to battle the Dem establishment at every step. And so he threw up his hands halfway through his term and started running for president.

Second, his policies are poll-driven and his top priority is his own political future. But one can say the same of Obama.

Huntsman shares most of Romney's positions without the handicap of being Romney. If by some miracle he gets the nomination, I'd at least give him a fair hearing.

I do hold out hope that Obama will emerge as a strong figure when, as a lame duck, concern for his legacy outweighs concern for his reelection.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 01:59:32 PM »

I see some criticisms of Obama, which are fair and certainly well-placed. That being said, I'm confused with the concepts of your parties.

I thought the concept of conservative isn't to want to see poor people die and rich folks get tax breaks - it was that there should be a conservative nature about the way in which the government interacts with its people.

The War on Terror is basically an invasive manouver, certainly not democratic, and even less conservative.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »

damn, I just looked up this Rick Perry guy and I have to say I'd almost rather vote for Zekester or msduncan than him  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 02:33:37 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 11, 2011, 02:28:06 PM

damn, I just looked up this Rick Perry guy and I have to say I'd almost rather vote for Zekester or msduncan than him  icon_twisted

He's fucking horrible.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 11, 2011, 02:33:37 PM

He's fucking horrible.

Why do Republican's love this guy so much?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 03:51:48 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on August 11, 2011, 03:01:46 PM

He's fucking horrible.

Anti-gay, anti-poor, pro-death penalty even when it's likely the guy didn't do it, wants to turn the country into a walking Fundi Church...why wouldn't the far right evangelicals like him?

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 06:04:47 PM »

He's fucking horrible.

CNN opinion piece
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 06:35:36 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on August 11, 2011, 06:04:47 PM

He's fucking horrible.

CNN opinion piece

The author was making sense until he said
After he wins the nomination, protocol will require Perry to have discussions with Bachmann about the vice presidential slot, but he will, eventually, turn to Sarah Palin.

Then he lost me. No one in their right mind would make the same mistake John McCain did.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 06:44:28 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on August 11, 2011, 06:35:36 PM

After he wins the nomination, protocol will require Perry to have discussions with Bachmann about the vice presidential slot, but he will, eventually, turn to Sarah Palin.

Then he lost me. No one in their right mind would make the same mistake John McCain did.

Naw, she'll end up being put into a role where she's relatively harmless - like foreign affairs.

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2011, 07:17:10 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on August 11, 2011, 06:35:36 PM

Quote from: rickfc on August 11, 2011, 06:04:47 PM

He's fucking horrible.

CNN opinion piece

The same reasons many Repubs love Perry is why they would support a ticket with him and Bachmann/Palin. Do you think that any one of those three have any business running a state, let alone a whole country?
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 06:05:22 PM »

Oh my!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 09:45:09 PM »

I'll be voting for Obama.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2011, 03:40:21 AM »

Quote from: Purge on August 09, 2011, 01:59:32 PM

I see some criticisms of Obama, which are fair and certainly well-placed. That being said, I'm confused with the concepts of your parties.

I thought the concept of conservative isn't to want to see poor people die and rich folks get tax breaks - it was that there should be a conservative nature about the way in which the government interacts with its people.

The War on Terror is basically an invasive manouver, certainly not democratic, and even less conservative.

You have to remember that effectively every part of the current Conservative anti-government, anti-spending, anti-Medicare, anti-police and firefighter platform is a complete 180o reversal from where it was just a couple years ago.  This is a political movement that spent the better part of a decade defending warrantless wiretapping, caged "free speech" zones, a massive expansion of government-run health care, the absolute secrecy of policy decisions throughout the federal government, and one of the most profligate spending sprees in American history. 

If you could somehow put a staunch Conservative from 2011 on the phone with a staunch Conservative from 2005 and forbid them from uttering the president's name, they'd surely denounce each other as lunatic moonbat Liberals bent on destroying the country.

-Autistic Angel
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2011, 03:16:02 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on August 12, 2011, 09:45:09 PM

I'll be voting for Obama.

+1

He came into office with a nation that was already screwed thanks to an extended war, tax breaks that were unsustainable and a republican party that was determined to do anything they could to spite him instead of trying to work for their constituents.  

That being said, I'm extremely UNhappy with his policy towards Libya (I don't care who you're fighting against, you don't attack another sovereign country without at least making an attempt to go through the proper channels...that's just too big of an endeavor to decide upon unilaterally).  

However, given the nutjobs that the repubs are presenting right now, I would vote for a slice of swiss cheese before i placed my country's future in their hands.  I honestly feel that the Tea Party is going to be the downfall of the GOP in 2012.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 10:19:54 PM »

I don't know, the more I see about Perry the more I think he could be comedy gold if elected. COMEDY GOLD!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »

If the Republicans keep Gerry Mandering then it won't matter!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/25/opinion/sunday/tampering-with-the-electoral-college.html

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: