http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 01:41:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 18 year old Chicagoan charged with trying to blow up bar in 'jihad' plot  (Read 275 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2012, 11:09:21 PM »

An 18-year-old from Chicago was arrested during an undercover operation in which agents pretending to be extremists provided him with a phony car bomb that he intended to detonate outside a downtown bar, the U.S. District Attorney's office in Chicago said Saturday.

Adel Daoud of Chicago's Hillside suburb was arrested Friday night.

The U.S. Attorney's Office said in a news release Saturday the device was inert and the public was never at risk.

Daoud was charged in court Saturday with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and attempting to damage and destroy a building with an explosive.

Federal prosecutors say the FBI began monitoring him after he posted material online about "violent jihad" and the killing of Americans.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/15/13885852-teen-charged-with-trying-to-blow-up-chicago-bar-in-jihad-plot?lite

they need to make catapulting the punishment for this idiots.  thankfully he was stupid and opened his mouth online.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ironrod
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 02:28:02 AM »

Cases like this make me wonder if the kid would've ever gone beyond talking big if agents hadn't enabled and encouraged him, but I'm sure they're careful not to cross the line into entrapment. I"m just glad the internet wasn't around when I was 18, because I used to say a lot of stupid and incendiary things when I fancied myself a revolutionary.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: