http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 07:00:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTF] Republicans propose bill to "reaffirm" motto of "In God We Trust"  (Read 1876 times)
Alefroth
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2011, 11:52:07 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 23, 2011, 11:33:09 PM

This is clearly to solidify the base for 2012.  It's nonsense.  'Look we proved we are on God's side by 'reaffirming' the motto that's on the thing we actually worship!'

I'm not a big fan of zeke, but the thread stalking against him needs to stop.  Its completely ruining a bunch of good threads.

How is it stalking? Should we not come into threads Zeke is in?

Ale
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2011, 12:02:42 AM »

Coming into a thread only to take a shot at someone is the problem, it happens a lot and derails threads quite a bit.   
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2011, 01:21:26 AM »

Yes. Instead of Zeke being a target, I'd like to have more fun taking pot-shots at silly actions by people with no accountability.

Wait, we're on the INTERNET?? slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2011, 02:02:35 AM »

I'll admit...it may be a bit overkill by the Repubs.

But isn't it just a referendum right now?

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2011, 12:20:25 PM »

At least it's not as bad as the time Congress decided to have full hearings on Steroids in baseball. All while the Iraq war was kicking into full gear. Who controlled Congress at that time?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2011, 02:19:24 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on March 24, 2011, 12:20:25 PM

At least it's not as bad as the time Congress decided to have full hearings on Steroids in baseball. All while the Iraq war was kicking into full gear. Who controlled Congress at that time?

Just wait till they hear about MSG in Apple Pie filling.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2011, 02:52:57 PM »

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2011, 03:12:48 PM »

icon_lol

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2011, 04:03:12 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on March 24, 2011, 02:02:35 AM

I'll admit...it may be a bit overkill by the Repubs.

But isn't it just a referendum right now?

It is a litmus test to separate the True Republicans from the RINOs. But because it's so transparent it probably won't cut anybody out of the herd.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on March 24, 2011, 12:02:42 AM

Coming into a thread only to take a shot at someone is the problem, it happens a lot and derails threads quite a bit.   

Seconded.  Zeke was on topic and discussing the OP when Hep and Tilt decided to go after him.  Tilt in particular claimed that all Zeke's threads go to 'compost' or something, but he's the one that took it off topic.  I think a lot of people here just don't like the fact that Zeke has a different opinion than they do. 
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2011, 04:27:13 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on April 04, 2011, 04:11:37 PM

Seconded.  Zeke was on topic and discussing the OP when Hep and Tilt decided to go after him.  Tilt in particular claimed that all Zeke's threads go to 'compost' or something, but he's the one that took it off topic.  I think a lot of people here just don't like the fact that Zeke has a different opinion than they do.  

Okay, I was going to remain silent since I was "outvoted" in this thread, but this post is just wrong! What people don't like about Zekester in this particular part of the forums is that he makes outrageous claims based on either no facts at all, misinterpreted facts from reliable sources, or facts from unreliable sources. When people ask him for more detail, clarification or simply call him out for being wrong, he either doesn't respond or replies with thinly veiled insults that add nothing further to the conversation. Part of participating in a forum means discussing the topic at hand. Zekester doesn't discuss. He throws random statements out there and insults anyone who dares question him.

My problems with Zekester have nothing to do with his opinion. They have to do with how he presents it and the negative effect this has on the R&P forum. If you're going to shoehorn everyone who disagrees with Zekester into a "disagrees with his opinion" box, then:

1) You clearly haven't read the threads that have spiraled out of control because of him.
2) Keep me the fuck out of it!

And that's the last I have to say about this matter. I thought my opinion about this was pretty obvious by now, but I guess I needed to clarify my position further. I'm done with Zekester and I'm done with the R&P section in this forum as responses in this thread have shown that nobody really cares about intelligent discourse here anyway, and those that do are just shoved away or ignored. How Zekester can blatantly break forum rules (like his constant series of personal insults) and still be an active member is beyond me, but I guess it marks a precedent which I am taking the utmost advantage of with this post.

Over and out!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:28:46 PM by TiLT » Logged
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2011, 04:41:34 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 04, 2011, 04:27:13 PM

Seconded.  Zeke was on topic and discussing the OP when Hep and Tilt decided to go after him.  Tilt in particular claimed that all Zeke's threads go to 'compost' or something, but he's the one that took it off topic.  I think a lot of people here just don't like the fact that Zeke has a different opinion than they do.  

Okay, I was going to remain silent since I was "outvoted" in this thread, but this post is just wrong! What people don't like about Zekester in this particular part of the forums is that he makes outrageous claims based on either no facts at all, misinterpreted facts from reliable sources, or facts from unreliable sources. When people ask him for more detail, clarification or simply call him out for being wrong, he either doesn't respond or replies with thinly veiled insults that add nothing further to the conversation. Part of participating in a forum means discussing the topic at hand. Zekester doesn't discuss. He throws random statements out there and insults anyone who dares question him.

My problems with Zekester have nothing to do with his opinion. They have to do with how he presents it and the negative effect this has on the R&P forum. If you're going to shoehorn everyone who disagrees with Zekester into a "disagrees with his opinion" box, then:

1) You clearly haven't read the threads that have spiraled out of control because of him.

And that's the last I have to say about this matter. I thought my opinion about this was pretty obvious by now, but I guess I needed to clarify my position further. I'm done with Zekester and I'm done with the R&P section in this forum as responses in this thread have shown that nobody really cares about intelligent discourse here anyway, and those that do are just shoved away or ignored. How Zekester can blatantly break forum rules (like his constant series of personal insults) and still be an active member is beyond me, but I guess it marks a precedent which I am taking the utmost advantage of with this post.

Over and out!

It's just a web forum.  People are allowed to post any uninformed, uneducated or wrong facts or opinions they like.  Not everyone has to follow formal debate etiquette when they post, they're not obligated to footnote their sources for their outlandish claims, and if you don't like something he posts, or disagree with it, feel free to ignore it.  As long as he's not breaking any forum rules (which is up to the mods to enforce) how you react is entirely up to you.  His post that you don't like between two posts that you do like doesn't prevent you from having 'intelligent discourse' with anyone.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 04:48:06 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 04, 2011, 04:27:13 PM

Over and out!

I don't disagree that Zeke does exactly what you are saying in most of his threads. But in this one he hadn't done it yet and how is going on the offensive against him prior to him derailing going to actually help anything? You end up causing the exact thing you are trying to prevent.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2011, 07:44:21 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on April 04, 2011, 04:41:34 PM

It's just a web forum.  People are allowed to post any uninformed, uneducated or wrong facts or opinions they like.  

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2011, 09:04:45 PM »

Thanks, Rowdy. You said it better than I ever could, and you're right on the money  icon_wink

Does anyone have an update on this bill proposal? Did it go anywhere?

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2011, 09:34:05 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on April 04, 2011, 07:44:21 PM

Quote from: Rowdy on April 04, 2011, 04:41:34 PM

It's just a web forum.  People are allowed to post any uninformed, uneducated or wrong facts or opinions they like.  

I lol'd

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2011, 08:03:01 PM »

try to hold a conversation with the zeker for more than 5 posts in which you don't agree with him and then come back here and proclaim how he's an innocent victim.   icon_lol

I've come to his defense when I thought he was being unjustly victimized, but i also like to cajole him when he gets ridiculously fervent in his arguments...like saying he expects labor unions to send people to his home to break his legs because he doesn't like unions, or how any disagreement with him is a personal attack.

there's no innocent victim here...on either side.

that being said, lighten up.  it's a political forum on a gaming web site.  not the McNeal Leher Hour.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:11:09 PM by hepcat » Logged

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2011, 08:33:06 PM »

NO! You're WRONG! This is SERIOUS BUSINESS!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2011, 09:19:49 PM »

Quote from: Purge on April 05, 2011, 08:33:06 PM

NO! You're WRONG! This is SERIOUS BUSINESS!

no serious republican cat?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2011, 09:34:50 PM »

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »

I felt this kind of sums up a lot of things regarding religion in this country

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2011, 11:58:32 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on April 05, 2011, 09:34:50 PM

<snip>

no on no, I said 'Republican cat'.

Like this.

Spoiler for Hiden:

* CeeKay runs.

icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2011, 04:22:32 AM »

try to hold a conversation with the zeker for more than 5 posts in which you don't agree with him and then come back here and proclaim how he's an innocent victim.

As long as personal attacks are held in check, this could happen all day long bee-awtch

I've come to his defense when I thought he was being unjustly victimized

Not nearly enough, toots  Fabulous

but i also like to cajole him when he gets ridiculously fervent in his arguments...like saying he expects labor unions to send people to his home to break his legs because he doesn't like unions

First, leave my cajoles alone. Second, I dare you to tell a labor rep of any kind that unions can smoke your pole. Go ahead. I'm daring you. Go do it. Now.

or how any disagreement with him is a personal attack.

see above.

there's no innocent victim here...on either side.

Hallelujah and Amen, my brotha

when he gets ridiculously fervent in his arguments

this statement is ridiculously fervent

that being said, lighten up.  it's a political forum on a gaming web site.  not the McNeal Leher Hour.

This is where you overly-excited folk gather to discuss political and religious nonsense.

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2011, 02:34:16 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on April 06, 2011, 04:22:32 AM

As long as personal attacks are held in check, this could happen all day long bee-awtch

I rest my case.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2011, 02:46:46 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 06, 2011, 02:34:16 PM

I rest my case.

You're the old man version of Matlock.

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2011, 03:14:13 PM »

icon_lol

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2011, 03:56:52 PM »

Quote from: Purge on April 06, 2011, 02:46:46 PM

Quote from: hepcat on April 06, 2011, 02:34:16 PM

I rest my case.

You're the old man version of Matlock.

I wish...as it stands, I'm the old man version of George Burns.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2011, 04:56:18 PM »

Get this patient a Cuban, STAT!

Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2011, 05:19:18 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on March 23, 2011, 05:28:47 PM

Teggy, think of it this way: if you like McDonald's hamburgers, but you know there's a movement to have them "removed" and one of the ways the "removers" are going to try and do it is by saying that the burgers are toxic to your body...would you not support a study and then a confirmation that indeed they are not?

This may be the dumbest analogy ever posted in this forum.  Congratulations on your achievement.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on April 06, 2011, 05:19:18 PM

Teggy, think of it this way: if you like McDonald's hamburgers, but you know there's a movement to have them "removed" and one of the ways the "removers" are going to try and do it is by saying that the burgers are toxic to your body...would you not support a study and then a confirmation that indeed they are not?

This may be the dumbest analogy ever posted in this forum.  Congratulations on your achievement.

....aaaannnnnddddd we're back in the hotseat again.   icon_lol

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2011, 05:48:22 PM »

Blackader and his Grandpa \/

Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2011, 05:58:47 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 06, 2011, 05:29:39 PM

Couldn't let you have all the fun, hepster.    stirthepot

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2011, 08:23:46 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on April 06, 2011, 05:58:47 PM

Quote from: hepcat on April 06, 2011, 05:29:39 PM

Couldn't let you have all the fun, hepster.    stirthepot

Quoted for future reference   icon_wink

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: