http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 08:21:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're In the Mood for A Drink. What's Your Pleasure?  (Read 876 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2013, 05:09:40 AM »

Try that same recipe, but heat it up and drop in an Earl Grey tea bag to seep for a bit.

During Fall Winter and Spring I drink a lot of hot tea, with a lot of milk.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2013, 05:18:42 AM »

Quote from: Lordnine on October 03, 2013, 04:18:10 AM

Quote from: Ironrod on October 03, 2013, 01:41:56 AM

Quote from: Lordnine on October 02, 2013, 10:51:34 PM

Quote from: Lee on October 02, 2013, 01:49:06 AM

Quote from: Lordnine on October 01, 2013, 04:11:49 PM

Milk!

I know it's ignorant to say this, but I didn't realize people still drink milk outside of elementary school. Just something you don't see often anymore. At least I don't.
A cup of milk, a few drops of vanilla extract and a spoon of sugar is awfully tasty.  Joke or not, given the high alcohol content in vanilla, it probably does almost quality as a mix drink as much as some other things here.

Make "a few drops" a shot and maybe we can talk.
Alcohol content in vanilla extract is a minimum 35% alcohol.  Most beer is apparently less than 10%.   icon_razz

Your typical beer is only 5-7% ABV, but your typical beer drinker makes up for it in volume. The easy equivalence to remember is 1 oz booze = 12 oz beer = 4 oz wine. That's a lot of drops however you slice it.

But hey, if a few drops of vanilla puts you in the zone, more power to you.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2013, 09:12:29 AM »

I'm never in the mood for a drink but on the rare occasions that I'm out for dinner with friends I may have a beer preferably one on tap.  Last Christmas I was visiting family and my two BIL's were drinking rum and cokes, I pulled a Sheldon Cooper and had diet virgin rum and cokes.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2013, 04:27:08 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on October 03, 2013, 05:18:42 AM

Quote from: Lordnine on October 03, 2013, 04:18:10 AM

Quote from: Ironrod on October 03, 2013, 01:41:56 AM

Quote from: Lordnine on October 02, 2013, 10:51:34 PM

Quote from: Lee on October 02, 2013, 01:49:06 AM

Quote from: Lordnine on October 01, 2013, 04:11:49 PM

Milk!

I know it's ignorant to say this, but I didn't realize people still drink milk outside of elementary school. Just something you don't see often anymore. At least I don't.
A cup of milk, a few drops of vanilla extract and a spoon of sugar is awfully tasty.  Joke or not, given the high alcohol content in vanilla, it probably does almost quality as a mix drink as much as some other things here.

Make "a few drops" a shot and maybe we can talk.
Alcohol content in vanilla extract is a minimum 35% alcohol.  Most beer is apparently less than 10%.   icon_razz

Your typical beer is only 5-7% ABV, but your typical beer drinker makes up for it in volume. The easy equivalence to remember is 1 oz booze = 12 oz beer = 4 oz wine. That's a lot of drops however you slice it.

But hey, if a few drops of vanilla puts you in the zone, more power to you.
Iíve actually only finished one beer in my entire life so *shrug*.  The idea of becoming intoxicated doesnít appeal to me at all.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »

People don't just drink to get intoxicated... well, most people don't.  The drinks also taste good.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2013, 09:30:59 PM »

I find the combination of both effects to be quite appealing.
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 03, 2013, 04:29:14 PM

People don't just drink to get intoxicated... well, most people don't.  The drinks also taste good.

They may, but there are many many other things that taste just as good if not better, and don't impair the person drinking them.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2013, 12:18:43 AM »

I kind of assume that people who drink cheap lousy beer are drinking to get intoxicated. They must not like beer if they are choosing the most tasteless beer on the market. Since those flavorless beers have 85% market share, I deduce that most beer drinkers are indeed drinking mainly to get drunk and not because they like the beverage. Now, maybe their real purpose is socializing and getting drunk is just part of that. 

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2013, 12:21:23 AM »

Quote from: brettmcd on October 03, 2013, 10:06:00 PM

They may, but there are many many other things that taste just as good if not better, and don't impair the person drinking them.

There are also many alcoholic drinks that taste as good as alcoholic drinks!

You and I agree that people drinking just for the sake of getting wasted is pretty dumb.  Let's just leave it there and not go down the path of you trying to convince the world that drinking in moderation is objectively and unquestionably evil.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2013, 12:21:32 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on October 04, 2013, 12:18:43 AM

I kind of assume that people who drink cheap lousy beer are drinking to get intoxicated. They must not like beer if they are choosing the most tasteless beer on the market. Since those flavorless beers have 85% market share, I deduce that most beer drinkers are indeed drinking mainly to get drunk and not because they like the beverage. Now, maybe their real purpose is socializing and getting drunk is just part of that. 

That is something I struggle with as a beer snob myself, why would anyone drink Bud Light for taste? That's when I *try* to remind myself of all the stuff in the world I don't like. Different tastes...
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2013, 12:23:36 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 04, 2013, 12:21:23 AM

You and I agree that people drinking just for the sake of getting wasted is pretty dumb.  Let's just leave it there and not go down the path of you trying to convince the world that drinking in moderation is objectively and unquestionably evil.

Why is drinking to intoxication dumb? As long as you can have fun and not ruin others people's fun, to each their own. There isn't a thing about anyone who has posted on this board that someone else wouldn't think of as dumb.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2013, 12:49:10 AM »

Quote from: Lee on October 04, 2013, 12:23:36 AM

Quote from: wonderpug on October 04, 2013, 12:21:23 AM

Why is drinking to intoxication dumb? As long as you can have fun and not ruin others people's fun, to each their own. There isn't a thing about anyone who has posted on this board that someone else wouldn't think of as dumb.

I didn't say drinking to intoxication is dumb, I said drinking just for the sake of getting wasted is pretty dumb.  Someone says "let's get wasted on bottom shelf tequila" and I may roll my eyes and not want to participate. 
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2013, 12:57:44 AM »

I disagree, there is a time and place for everything. :-) But fair enough.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2013, 01:13:20 AM »

Quote from: Lee on October 04, 2013, 12:57:44 AM

I disagree, there is a time and place for everything. :-) But fair enough.

Agreed.

A couple of drinks in a social setting makes it absolutely better. That's just science.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2013, 03:46:42 AM »

Quote from: Lee on October 04, 2013, 12:21:32 AM

Quote from: Ironrod on October 04, 2013, 12:18:43 AM

That is something I struggle with as a beer snob myself, why would anyone drink Bud Light for taste? That's when I *try* to remind myself of all the stuff in the world I don't like. Different tastes...

I allow for different tastes. Right now pumpkin beers are all the rage. I hate pumpkin beer. But it's just a personal difference. Pumpkin beer at least has flavor and complexity. The macrobrews don't. They're just an alcohol delivery medium.

My favorite local bar has a "no crap on tap" philosophy. They only have maybe 15 taps but the ever-changing offerings are always a delight (even though not all of them will appeal to me). And yet when I look around the room I see bottles of Bud on every other table. Why on earth would somebody go to a bar that's known for draft craft beer and order Bud in bottles? They aren't there because they like beer. They are there to socialize, which is a concept that I struggle with.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: