http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 03:23:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Men:Days Of Future Past  (Read 4224 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2014, 04:55:16 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 28, 2014, 04:50:30 PM

Just had a thought:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Is it possible that young Magneto was setting himself up to fail in order to achieve what Logan wanted after he himself had screwed up by shooting Mystique earlier?

I think that is a great possibility. 

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2014, 05:20:15 PM »

Quote from: Caine on May 28, 2014, 04:55:16 PM

Quote from: hepcat on May 28, 2014, 04:50:30 PM

Just had a thought:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Is it possible that young Magneto was setting himself up to fail in order to achieve what Logan wanted after he himself had screwed up by shooting Mystique earlier?

I think that is a great possibility. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't think so.  Magneto always seen himself as the savior of Mutants, but he would never die to do it.  His ego at that time just won't allow it

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2014, 08:09:07 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 28, 2014, 12:04:21 PM

Loved it, but my only issue was no Nimrod in the future.  I thought that would have been cool

Spoiler for Hiden:
Had to explain to some non comic fans about Apocalypse and the Four Horsemen

Ditto on the spoiler.

I was hoping for Nimrod too, but I think they kind of adapted him into the future sentinel design anyway, although Nimrod was kind of chunkier and pink.  In fact I think I would have preferred a lesser amount of those super sentinels in favor of a super Nimrod type, but I guess this makes for more kickassery from the heroes, as opposed to only them getting their asses kicked.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2014, 05:17:58 AM »

Caught it tonight. Really any time travel movie at this point I expect the time travel stuff is going to be silly and I just ignore it.

Aside from that these were my questions/problems:
Spoiler for Hiden:
So does this movie essentially wipe away X-Men 1, 2 and 3?  We have no idea which of that stuff still happens. It certainly seemed like Jean never had any issues. Magneto is likely still at odds with X, but what of Mystique?

Is Wolverine even Weapon X in this new timeline?  Given that Mystique saves him and Xavier knows what Stryker has planned for him, wouldn't they take steps to prevent that?

Did they ever state that time passes quicker in the present? Kitty was clearly not sitting there for the minimum several days that it took for the past to play out. In the comic they didn't need to keep the link up, Kitty was just asleep and they carried her around.

And finally, speaking of Kitty, where did she get the ability to send people into the past? That is not in her power set and I found it really weird. I get they were probably trying to keep Kitty involved as a reference to the comic, but that was weird.

The other thing I wished they had done was put in a whole ton of quick cameos at the school at the end. There are a lot of characters they could have made easily identifiable with costumes like Surge, Rockslide, Anole, X23, Pixie, Dust, etc.

Actually, I had another thought. So in the original xmen movie timeline Trask is killed and Mystique is caught at some point. But there were no Sentinels in the original 3 movies, so they waited from the 70s until some time in the 2000s to get the Sentinel program up and running again even though everyone was supposed to immediately now be frightened of mutants? Mystique was around, so the dissection of Mystique would have to have happened after Last Stand.

Is the next movie supposed to take place after the end of this movie or some time in the past?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:25:38 AM by Teggy » Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2014, 02:31:37 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 15, 2014, 05:17:58 AM

Caught it tonight. Really any time travel movie at this point I expect the time travel stuff is going to be silly and I just ignore it.

Spoiler for Hiden:
So does this movie essentially wipe away X-Men 1, 2 and 3?  We have no idea which of that stuff still happens. It certainly seemed like Jean never had any issues. Magneto is likely still at odds with X, but what of Mystique?

Is Wolverine even Weapon X in this new timeline?  Given that Mystique saves him and Xavier knows what Stryker has planned for him, wouldn't they take steps to prevent that?

Is the next movie supposed to take place after the end of this movie or some time in the past?
Spoiler for Hiden:
The movie definitely wiped out X3 (yay!) but I assumed that it mostly left the other two alone.  The ending with Mystique was probably just an excuse for them to retell the weapon x storyline in a way that isnít terrible.
The next movie will probably have a lot of flashbacks.  Apocalypse has been around a while.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2014, 05:16:19 PM »

Oh, I did read the next movie will take place in the 80s.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2014, 01:41:29 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 15, 2014, 05:17:58 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Actually, I had another thought. So in the original xmen movie timeline Trask is killed and Mystique is caught at some point. But there were no Sentinels in the original 3 movies, so they waited from the 70s until some time in the 2000s to get the Sentinel program up and running again even though everyone was supposed to immediately now be frightened of mutants? Mystique was around, so the dissection of Mystique would have to have happened after Last Stand.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I thought about this and I think in the original timeline Trask is killed, but not as publiclly
1) This was mostly Trasks idea and he was the main brains behind it, so that could mean a delay in development
2) There was no public eye opening of mutants at the time of his death, the governemtn kept it hidden
3) This is why the sentinal program started late in the original timeline
In the new timeline, everything is now public, because of the changes..
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: