http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 10:10:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Men:Days Of Future Past  (Read 2406 times)
pr0ner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2013, 03:51:15 AM »

ALL THE WIN.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »

Yes, I am so full of yes on this yes yes yes. biggrin
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »

Rogue(Anna Paquin) has been cut completely from the film

The link below describes the scene,as Singer says will probably feature on the DVD somehow,so yeah...spoilers on the cut scene in the link
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65534

“Through the editing process, the sequence became extraneous, it’s a really good sequence and it will probably end up on the DVD so people can see it. But like many things in the editing process, it was an embarrassment of riches and it was just one of the things that had to go. Unfortunately, it was the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in. Even though she’s in the materials and part of the process of making the film, she won’t appear in it.”

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2013, 12:34:52 AM »

That's kind of disappointing... seems a bit fishy too; just how much time could they possibly have shaved off that it was worth chopping out an actress's entire contribution?  Not to mention someone as (relatively) famous/popular as Anna Paquin.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2013, 02:10:39 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on December 23, 2013, 12:34:52 AM

That's kind of disappointing... seems a bit fishy too; just how much time could they possibly have shaved off that it was worth chopping out an actress's entire contribution?  Not to mention someone as (relatively) famous/popular as Anna Paquin.

I imagine it was a group scene of some sort that they were able to get her for that seemed to be superfluous as they were putting the movie together or a stumble in the flow of the plot.  People wind up on the cutting room floor all the time, even famous people.

I actually applaud them for making the cut despite losing her cameo, as it means they're more focused on making the movie work than forcing a scene in that doesn't really work.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2013, 04:28:25 AM »

Apparently it was a rescue scene. I loved the top comment on the news article:

"I don't know what character she was playing in the first three films, but it sure as hell wasn't Rogue."

I didn't mind her, but she was never Rogue-like.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2013, 04:55:47 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 23, 2013, 04:28:25 AM

"I don't know what character she was playing in the first three films, but it sure as hell wasn't Rogue."

Eh?  They covered the early part of her life pretty well in the first movie.  In the comics she didn't get super strength or the ability to fly until Mystique tricked her into sucking them out of Ms. Marvel.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2013, 05:53:00 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on December 23, 2013, 04:55:47 PM

Quote from: Purge on December 23, 2013, 04:28:25 AM

Eh?  They covered the early part of her life pretty well in the first movie.  In the comics she didn't get super strength or the ability to fly until Mystique tricked her into sucking them out of Ms. Marvel.

Yeah, this is pretty canon.  The super strength, flight and durability came from stealing Ms. Marvel powers.  Think she killed her in the process if I remember correctly

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2013, 08:04:25 PM »

I'm not talking about her powers, I'm referring to her demeanor. She's very ... timid?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2013, 09:20:03 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 23, 2013, 08:04:25 PM

I'm not talking about her powers, I'm referring to her demeanor. She's very ... timid?
I am almost positive she was this way in the beginning of the comics as well. It wasn't until she became more comfortable with her powers that she was less timid. I "think" something about the way the memories work made her feel off so she was an introvert in the beginning.. However, it has been many years since then, so my memories could be off.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2013, 10:39:02 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on December 23, 2013, 09:20:03 PM

Quote from: Purge on December 23, 2013, 08:04:25 PM

I am almost positive she was this way in the beginning of the comics as well. It wasn't until she became more comfortable with her powers that she was less timid. I "think" something about the way the memories work made her feel off so she was an introvert in the beginning.. However, it has been many years since then, so my memories could be off.

Eh, I don't recall that being the case. Her first appearance she was a cackling villain, and sooooo not timid. She was a little timid for, like, 1 or 2 issues after she joined the X-Men, but that was because she was a reformed villain and nobody trusted her. Once she attained a modicum of acceptance she was way more confident with a touch of "I have to prove myself"

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2013, 10:44:41 PM »

She was timid before Mystique got to her, and in the movies that didn't even happen.  So in effect we're seeing the timid pre-villain 'doesn't know how to deal with her powers so she's withdrawn' timid Rogue that we never really had a chance to see in the comics since she was turned quickly by Mystique.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2013, 07:00:24 AM »

It's Marvel, they're ok with rewrites and retconning.

I just don't like her version of Rogue nearly as much as the one that happened in X-men and Wolverine of the late eighties and into the nineties. She knew how to fight off Remy - she was gutsy and cocksure.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2013, 07:00:54 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 23, 2013, 10:44:41 PM

She was timid before Mystique got to her, and in the movies that didn't even happen.  So in effect we're seeing the timid pre-villain 'doesn't know how to deal with her powers so she's withdrawn' timid Rogue that we never really had a chance to see in the comics since she was turned quickly by Mystique.
this.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2014, 01:43:16 PM »

Full Trailer.  Looks pretty generic and dull....ah who am I kidding it looks awesome!   Can't wait.

http://youtu.be/6acRHWnfZAE

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 05:13:49 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
I wonder if that is nimrod in there..
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2014, 05:20:18 PM »

OMG I don't think I've ever been this excited for a movie in my life.  And I've been pretty damn excited for movies in the past  icon_biggrin
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »

Perhaps even in the future past....

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2014, 01:17:55 PM »

Third and final trailer  Looks great but it has a few spoilers so don't watch if you aren't prepared to have a lot of the plot spelled out.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2014, 06:34:12 PM »

X-Men: Days of Future Past' Has a Clip After 'Amazing Spider-Man 2

We've confirmed with Sony Pictures that this X-Men: Days of Future Past coda will be attached to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in both the United States and the United Kingdom, but it's not clear if it will play in other international territories as well. The scene will be an action sequence following Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Havok (Lucas Till) and Toad (Evan Jonigkeit) taking on William Stryker (Josh Helman) and his military men. We're not sure why this is the scene chosen to hype the film, or why Fox and Sony have decided to team-up like this, but I guess it's cool?

If anything, maybe this is a sign of potential future collaboration that will allow Marvel's comic book characters to crossover into other studio's Marvel franchises eventually. After all, we know that Marvel and Sony tried to collaborate on an easter egg that would have seen the new Oscorp tower in the Manhattan skyline in The Avengers, but scheduling of when the visual effects needed to be done didn't work out. It would be cool if the new Stark Tower (or Avengers Tower now?) popped up in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but we don't know if that's even possible. Anyway, make sure you stay after the credits of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 when it hits theaters May 2nd if you want to see this X-Men: Days of Future Past teaser clip.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2014, 06:51:26 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on April 16, 2014, 06:34:12 PM

X-Men: Days of Future Past' Has a Clip After 'Amazing Spider-Man 2

We've confirmed with Sony Pictures that this X-Men: Days of Future Past coda will be attached to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in both the United States and the United Kingdom, but it's not clear if it will play in other international territories as well. The scene will be an action sequence following Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Havok (Lucas Till) and Toad (Evan Jonigkeit) taking on William Stryker (Josh Helman) and his military men. We're not sure why this is the scene chosen to hype the film, or why Fox and Sony have decided to team-up like this, but I guess it's cool?

If anything, maybe this is a sign of potential future collaboration that will allow Marvel's comic book characters to crossover into other studio's Marvel franchises eventually. After all, we know that Marvel and Sony tried to collaborate on an easter egg that would have seen the new Oscorp tower in the Manhattan skyline in The Avengers, but scheduling of when the visual effects needed to be done didn't work out. It would be cool if the new Stark Tower (or Avengers Tower now?) popped up in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but we don't know if that's even possible. Anyway, make sure you stay after the credits of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 when it hits theaters May 2nd if you want to see this X-Men: Days of Future Past teaser clip.

Also, helps that Marvel/Disney has been eating Sony/Fox lunch with thier string of movies.   

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: