http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 11:40:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Men:Days Of Future Past  (Read 4071 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2012, 09:07:26 PM »

we didn't have a thread for this(that i can find anyway)

As i think we may of discussed in the First Class Thread,The sequel to X-men:First Class,is to be directed by Xmen 1 and 2 director Bryan Singer and he had this to tweet today
“I’d like to officially welcome back James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and Nicholas Hoult to X-Men: Days Of Future Past. Also thrilled to announce Sir Ian Mckellen and Sir Patrick Stewart.

deadline

I was already sold on this after loving First Class,now this is the icing

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 09:15:11 PM »

Fassbender can do very little wrong.  I love his choice in roles.  He even made Prometheus fun to watch at times.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 09:47:39 PM »

I still haven't seen First Class yet, but I'll watch anything with Sir Patrick Stewart in it.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 09:53:04 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 27, 2012, 09:15:11 PM

Fassbender can do very little wrong.  I love his choice in roles.  He even made Prometheus fun to watch at times.

Plus he's got a HUGE package!  I still need to watch Shame to see some good old fashioned full frontal  nod

- - -

Days of Future Past from the comics was one of the classic time travel storylines, but was heavily involved with Kitty Pryde, Storm and Wolverine in a dystopian future scenario.  Basically older Kitty's consciousness is sent back in time to younger Kitty's body to thwart an assassination attempt.  With this cast it seems like they are going to go a very different direction.  Hopefully we'll still get some Sentinel bashing!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 12:55:30 PM »

Now that actor Ian McKellan has officially been announced as part of the cast for Bryan Singer’s ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’, the 73 year old is sharing the details behind his return to the role of the older Magneto. “What a gas! I mean, Patrick Stewart and I have been have just been playing ‘Waiting for Godot’ throughout England and in the West End of London. So, we’ve stayed in touch. We can’t believe it [laughs],” McKellan told Huffington Post after being asked to reprise his role. “I thought these were [Michael] Fassbender and [James] McAvoy’s parts, but – no, no – we’re back,” he added. “We’ll give them a run for their money. I mean, I haven’t read the script, so I don’t know how much we’ve got to do. But, to be back in that world, and for Bryan to be doing it – with all the success he’s had in the meantime – it’s wonderful. Wonderful.”

While the veteran performer did make a few jokes about schooling the young McAvoy and Fassbender, he had nothing but good things to say about Fassbender’s portrayal of the younger version of Magneto. “No. No. I thought he was better than me. But, we weren’t quite playing the same character because he was so much younger than me. And the scope of Magneto, one day a Jewish actor will play it. Clearly, he’s Jewish. We first meet him in at Auschwitz and there’s scope for all sorts of people to pay Magneto. But, I was just the lucky guy who got to play him first.”

‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ is scheduled to hit theaters on July 18th 2014. In the meantime McKellan will show up in ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’ as Gandalf.
http://www.shockya.com/news/2012/12/02/ian-mckellen-talks-x-men-days-of-future-past/

sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 02:50:17 PM »

Days of Future Past as a 2 hr film.  I am expecting  "loosely adapted from".  But I still wish that the DC Animated films would be given more film time to flesh out some of the character parts when doing adaptations (like All Star Superman and Justice League : New Frontier)   So what do I know?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 11:52:10 PM »

seems Patrick Stewart is not confirmed yet..or even has any knowledge of it

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59899

Talking to Entertainment weekly
"Bryan let the cat out of the bag on Twitter, and it included announcing that Sir Ian and myself were going to be in this movie. We are, you know, under contractual oath with 20th Century Fox to say nothing about any prospective X-Men movie including the old team. I use 'old' advisedly."

"So it’s a kind of awkward position, because lovely Bryan Singer just blurted it all out there. For me the big thrill is knowing that Bryan Singer is attached to this movie, because not only is he a brilliant director, but also I adore him and hope that it might be true and that we do work together at some point in the future. But I’m not being coy. I know nothing about this project. And I’m hoping that might change in the future."
"I don’t know that we’re doing it. I have not signed a contract yet. I know there is a project in development, but we have no dates. No detailed casting. Thrilled to hear that my dear friend and colleague Ian McKellen is on board, but I’m sorry, you know, you need to understand, I’m not being cute. I know nothing."

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 01:22:06 AM »

"Well, it's too late, I've already seen everything."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »

Hugh Jackman officially joins cast

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/12/19/hugh-jackman-x-men-days-future-past/

Although again its from Bryan Singer's Twitter account,hopefully it wont be a little too early like the twitter 'announcement' of Sir Patrick Stewart joining the cast

“I would officially like to welcome @RealHughJackman to the cast of #Xmen Days of Future Past. Very excited! More to come…”

hopefully it will be more than the 10 second cameo in First Class

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 01:30:02 PM »

Holy Fuck Yeah

EXCLUSIVE: For X-Men: Days Of Future Past, director Bryan Singer has assembled a collision of his original X-Men cast with returnees from X-Men First Class, but here’s an intriguing development: I hear he’s bringing in Game Of Thrones star Peter Dinklage into the mix for a key role. Dinklage won an Emmy for his work as Tyrion Lannister, arguably the only sane member of that sordid royal clan. Singer has become infatuated with announcing cast via Twitter (he’s got everyone from Jennifer Lawrence to Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen and James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender in the mix), but I’ll try to find out what role Dinklage will play.

EDIT:
Bryan Singer ✔ @BryanSinger

Officially like to welcome #PeterDinklage from #GameOfThrones to #XMEN #DaysofFuturePast Very very excited!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 01:32:31 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 04:36:45 PM »

So, I've never read the comics, only seen this storyline on the animated series in the 90s. Will Bishop feature strongly, as he did in the animated series version of this arc?

Ruining language with my terrible words.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 05:24:34 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on February 14, 2013, 04:36:45 PM

So, I've never read the comics, only seen this storyline on the animated series in the 90s. Will Bishop feature strongly, as he did in the animated series version of this arc?

saywhat

I sincerely doubt it. That was a retrofit of the original comic plot to include a character that came much later.

I mean, the movie is a re-tooling as well, but it seems highly unlikely.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 05:49:51 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on December 19, 2012, 06:16:36 PM

Hugh Jackman officially joins cast

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/12/19/hugh-jackman-x-men-days-future-past/

Although again its from Bryan Singer's Twitter account,hopefully it wont be a little too early like the twitter 'announcement' of Sir Patrick Stewart joining the cast

“I would officially like to welcome @RealHughJackman to the cast of #Xmen Days of Future Past. Very excited! More to come…”

hopefully it will be more than the 10 second cameo in First Class

I don't think Patrick Stewart realized Bryan Singer had already come back from the future with his signed contract.

On a side note, have any of you watched the TV series Banshee?  That main actor (Antony Starr?  I think) displays this raw animal nature that I think would be awesome as Wolverine (or a "younger" Wolverine).  He may need to buff up a bit but watching some of his fight scenes just made me think of the way I envisioned Wolverine.  Hugh Jackman really seems like he's softened over the years - maybe the Wolverine movie will prove otherwise. 

In terms of the comics, as I mentioned above the original storyline featured Kitty Pryde in the main role.  Her consciousness was sent forward in time to her adult body where she went to stop an assassination attempt.  Pretty clearly this movie is not going to be anywhere near the same kind of storyline.

As for Peter Dinklage, the only role I could think of off the top of my head that would be great for him would be Arcade, but that doesn't seem to make any sense for a time travel plot.  Or maybe they could put a giant goober suit on him and make him Mojo lol.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 06:02:28 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 14, 2013, 05:49:51 PM

As for Peter Dinklage, the only role I could think of off the top of my head that would be great for him would be Arcade, but that doesn't seem to make any sense for a time travel plot.  Or maybe they could put a giant goober suit on him and make him Mojo lol.

Puck?

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 10:44:23 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on February 14, 2013, 06:02:28 PM

Quote from: rittchard on February 14, 2013, 05:49:51 PM

Puck?
Or MODOK, in the vein of using effects. If he plays Puck, he'd also better be in the next Wolverine movie, with the rest of Alpha Flight.

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 03:20:06 PM »

Halle Berry confirmed

Bryan Singer's Twitter

Bryan Singer
‏@BryanSinger
Couldn't be more excited that #HalleBerry has joined the cast of #XMen #DaysofFuturePast. Hopefully she can improve the weather in Montreal.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 11:16:40 AM »

James McAvoy says Alan Cumming is returning as Nightcrawler...Alan Cumming says no he isn't
Den of Geek

There was a bit of breaking news regarding X-Men: Days of Future Past yesterday when James McAvoy seemed to reveal the identity of a returning villain in a radio interview. Here's what he said: “Nick Hoult will be back, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, Halle Berry, Alan Cumming, Peter Dinklage I hear mentioned – I don't know if that's happening – Hugh Jackman...”

The name that should jump out there is Alan Cumming, who of course played Nightcrawler on the big screen. But given the fact that he reportedly hated wearing the makeup and that he mentioned at the end of last year that no approach had been made this came as something of a surprise. Cumming later cleared things up in an interview where he said the following:

“No, they haven't asked me (to return). Someone asked me that the other day and I said no. I know the one that's coming up shoots this spring, but I wouldn't be available anyway. I don't think they have. I was going to meet my manager for dinner later, I was going to talk to him about it, but no, I'm sure they would have told me, had they approached.”

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 09:05:22 AM »

Storm's hair just keeps getting shorter

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 04:38:33 PM »

Firstly, there's been a change in the film's release date. Originally scheduled for July 18th 2014, X-Men: Days Of Future Past is now heading to cinemas nearly two months earlier. It's earmarked now for May 23rd 2014 instead.

Next up, a new name has been added to the already-sizeable cast list for the movie. Australian actor Josh Helman, who's been filmining Mad Max: Fury Road for director George Miller of late, has signed up for the movie in a thus-far undisclosed role. That said, it doesn't appear to be a small role: The Wrap reports that he'll be shooting for several weeks, and speculation currently suggests that he'll be taking on the part of Cyclops. We've nothing concrete to back that up with, though, so help yourself to the requisite amount of salt. The identity of his role will no doubt become clear over time.

some plot details spoiled in here
Spoiler for Hiden:
Meanwhile, director Bryan Singer continues to Tweet teases and pictures from the set of the movie. The most recent? You can see it below. Get ready, then, for the "greatest threat in our history". Yikes.

Finally, SFX has run an interview with the director of The Wolverine, James Mangold, and he was asked about how his film would co-exist with X-Men: Days Of Future Past. "Bryan and I have talked and he's seen what we've done", Mangold said. "Clearly the reality is that we are all trying to work together and make things groove together. But the trick is we were making our movie before Bryan came on and before I knew what they were up to in that film. Our agenda was always our agenda and our movie stands alone, so the journey we take Logan on in The Wolverine, we bring to a close". A full interview with Mangold is promised in the magazine's new issue, which should be on sale now.

Den of Geek
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:40:21 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »

that says gravest, not greatest  ninja
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 05:14:49 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 26, 2013, 05:07:59 PM

that says gravest, not greatest  ninja
Ha,well spotted,must admit when i glanced at it,i thought it said 'Greatest'
Spoiler for Hiden:
maybe Den of Geek is not a big fan of Paris icon_biggrin

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 11:02:37 AM »

Sentinels!!!

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 11:22:44 AM »

found this also(Wolverine getting his 'Jean Grey' in  icon_wink and wearing Yellow is that?)

Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Patrick Stewart (Professor X), Ian McKellen (Magneto) and Daniel Cudmore (Colossus), along with X-Men newcomer Omar Sy (The Intouchables) as Bishop.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/07/x-men-days-of-future-past-logo-plus.html

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 06:14:05 PM »

Daniel Cudmore = yum!

Also read that Evan Peters (from American Horror Story) will be playing Quicksilver. 

Not that I'm not excited but it's almost saturation excitement with the cast they've assembled and almost all the fan favorite characters making a showing.  I'm starting to wonder if there are too many characters (not to mention old and young versions of the same character!) for a single movie to keep focus.  Will most of them die or just be glorified cameos???  I mean we're talking some top tier talent from top to bottom, screen time is going to be an issue.  I have a feeling people like me are going to be disappointed if their favorites are shown for just a few seconds getting obliterated by a sentinel or something like that.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 10:53:37 AM »

First Posters

Looks like James McAvoy will be sporting a beard this time around(and still has his hair),the Magneto poster looks awesome,Michael Fassbender really could be a young Ian McKellen

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 11:39:29 AM »

A few Comic-Con pics

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 02:21:38 PM »

Trailer

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 05:07:38 PM »

This thread, and seeing The Wolverine the other day inspired me to pick up X-Men: First Class (which I missed in theaters) and the original X-Men (which I could hardly remember at all) on disc pretty cheap.

It seems odd that FX airs The Last Stand constantly, and once in a while X2, but never seems to show the original X-Men (released in 2000) at all. Hugh Jackman seems absolutely scrawny at age 29-30 and voice seems different than in the later X-Men/Wolverine films, but certainly still is the standout amongst the youngsters. Halle Berry seems much more wooden and as if she's adopting some sort of peculiar accent. It's a bit herky-jerky at times, with people getting used to their characters and Singer getting used to directing a film of this scale, but still has its charms imho.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 05:19:06 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on August 01, 2013, 05:07:38 PM

This thread, and seeing The Wolverine the other day inspired me to pick up X-Men: First Class (which I missed in theaters) and the original X-Men (which I could hardly remember at all) on disc pretty cheap.

It seems odd that FX airs The Last Stand constantly, and once in a while X2, but never seems to show the original X-Men (released in 2000) at all. Hugh Jackman seems absolutely scrawny at age 29-30 and voice seems different than in the later X-Men/Wolverine films, but certainly still is the standout amongst the youngsters. Halle Berry seems much more wooden and as if she's adopting some sort of peculiar accent. It's a bit herky-jerky at times, with people getting used to their characters and Singer getting used to directing a film of this scale, but still has its charms imho.

I'm doing a run of them now,just watched First Class and Origins:Wolverine

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 06:05:09 PM »

The 70s look for First Class half of X-men

it says there are 17 pictures,but most of them are from other Xmen films,i have posted the pictures below

http://movies.uk.msn.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-the-cast-showcase-their-70s-look

Montag
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013, 09:40:38 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 26, 2013, 06:05:09 PM

The 70s look for First Class half of X-men

With his work on Game of Thrones, I'd say he is ready to put the pornstache to work.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 02:55:12 PM »

48fps release?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/64613

I only saw The Hobbit at 24fps(and according to that link,thats a good thing),so if there is only one option to see it at 48fps i can finally see if i like it or not

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 10:55:35 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on July 19, 2013, 06:14:05 PM

Daniel Cudmore = yum!

Also read that Evan Peters (from American Horror Story) will be playing Quicksilver. 

Not that I'm not excited but it's almost saturation excitement with the cast they've assembled and almost all the fan favorite characters making a showing.  I'm starting to wonder if there are too many characters (not to mention old and young versions of the same character!) for a single movie to keep focus.  Will most of them die or just be glorified cameos???  I mean we're talking some top tier talent from top to bottom, screen time is going to be an issue.  I have a feeling people like me are going to be disappointed if their favorites are shown for just a few seconds getting obliterated by a sentinel or something like that.

In order for a 'real' xmen movie to feel authentic, wouldn't you have to have a butt-ton of well known mutants as extras?  They don't even need to say anything, but just being there in the background would make the mansion for example 'feel' better.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 11:01:10 PM »

You mean like Iceman, Beast, and Angel?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2013, 03:01:47 PM »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo

Trailer

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2013, 03:18:17 PM »

Looks fun!
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2013, 07:21:12 PM »

Didn't know they were gonna have even more Wolverine. They just did another stand alone movie with him.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2013, 08:08:30 PM »

OMG I think I spooged myself.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2013, 08:13:48 PM »

Looks great,gotta say i am loving all 4 actors for Magneto and Prof X

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2013, 10:06:42 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 29, 2013, 08:13:48 PM

Looks great,gotta say i am loving all 4 actors for Magneto and Prof X

Not to mention Academy Award winners Halle Berry, Anna Paquina and Jennifer Lawrence, plus Ellen Page as Shadowcat!  Plus Bobby/Iceman with a beard and Evan Peters, yum yum yum! 

I would watch this cast in ANYTHING, even if they just sat around and farted at each other.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: