http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 10:34:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Men 3  (Read 1479 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2005, 02:28:14 AM »

Looks like it might have potential......

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 02:34:55 AM »

Nifty. Though if they still have the planned Wolverine-Storm romance and Brett Ratner continues his trend of average directing, I'm thinking the Dark Phoenix storyline might not be as cool as it could be. But here's hoping.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 04:16:26 AM »

Oh my god hell yes!

About time we heard SOMETHING!

JUGGERNAUT IS IN PART 3!!1

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 05:30:29 AM »

I'm on board. I'm really, really on board. I wanted to hate this movie, just because I hated the thought of the series being ditched by Singer and picked up by Ratner, but I dug almost every sequence that the teaser shows. Angel rules. I just hope they drop the Wolvie claws that make up the III.

Edit: I was just going through the trailer again in frame by frame slo-mo to take in the sweet mutant glory, and, if my eyes serve me correctly, I'd say there's a fairly big plot point that's revealed in the trailer. It's not a plot twist that really surprises me, as an X-men fan, but I kind of wish I hadn't seen it.

For what it's worth.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 07:28:54 AM »

Is there anywhere to see the trailer other than the apple site?

The fuckin thing keeps showing the quicktime equivalent of a broken image symbol when I click to watch the trailer.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 01:37:39 PM »

Quote from: "Sparhawk"
JUGGERNAUT IS IN PART 3!!1

So, wait... Instead of being some giant armored unstoppable looking person, Juggernaut is just some grungy man with a cheap Magneto-knockoff looking helmet?

Uh...

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 02:48:53 PM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"

The fuckin thing keeps showing the quicktime equivalent of a broken image symbol when I click to watch the trailer.

I saw the trailer last night on Attacks of the Show on G4TV.  Try there

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 03:46:55 PM »

That means you need to grab QuickTime 7. All of the files on the Apple site use the new codec.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 04:18:37 PM »

I am skeptical.  By the third movie we would hope that we have enough established characters that we could focus on real character development however it seems like we are going to get even more characters!  Angel, Beast, Juggurnaught, some I didn't recognize...

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 04:43:56 PM »

I think there are a good handful of nameless "angry mutant punks" in the movie. Mutant red shirts, as someone said on Ain't It Cool.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 05:40:05 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"

That means you need to grab QuickTime 7. All of the files on the Apple site use the new codec.

Ok, then yet another question:

Is there anywhere to get Quicktime 7 where it won't force you to install itunes? Because there's no way I'm installing their crapware that I don't want just to watch a few movie trailers :|

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 05:49:14 PM »

Is there anywhere to get Quicktime 7 where it won't force you to install itunes? Because there's no way I'm installing their crapware that I don't want just to watch a few movie trailers :|

You could always try the confusingly named link that says Quicktime Standalone Installer right on the main download page.   LINKY
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 06:23:12 PM »

I shouldn't have to scour their webpage to find a small-sized text link amidst a bunch of pictures and "DOWNLOAD QUICKTIME WITH ITUNES HERE" all over the place.

Yes, now that you've pointed it out, I see it.

Thank you.

But Apple still gets a big middle finger for their web design.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 06:50:34 PM »

Trailer looked pretty good.  I hope the movie turns out good sans Bryan Singer.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 08:05:36 PM »

please let that NOT be Juggernaut.

I mean cripes... they should have gone with someone a little more .... imposing. CGI him if you have to ... I mean, he's mostly red suit, with some bloodshot eyes and pearly white teeth.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Haavok1
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 08:35:52 PM »

I agree that is not what Juggernaut should look like.  In the comics he is about the same size as the Hulk when they fought each other.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 08:38:46 PM »

Characters in the movie so far:

Moira, Emma Frost, Jamie Madrox, Leech, Siryn, Omega Red, Callisto, Jubilee and M.

Going by the trailer, there -may- be a Wanda/Pietro appearance, but I could be reading it wrong.
Temjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 09:29:37 PM »

I hate this trailer.  Why?  Because I'm now mildly excited for a movie I know deep down isn't going to deliver.  Singer has more talent in his pinky than Ratner has in his whole body.  If Singer had difficulty juggling all the characters, how is Ratner going to handle the established cast plus a huge influx of new members?

Now Playing
Wii:  Zelda: TP
unbreakable
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 09:50:54 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"

You could always try the confusingly named link that says Quicktime Standalone Installer right on the main download page.   LINKY

Or, best of all, you could use the QuickTime Alternative, and just play qt movies with Media Player.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2005, 09:53:55 PM »

He's going to handle things by marginalizing big characters in the comics in favor of essentially making Wolverine Part III. Ratner gets a lot of crap but I don't think he sucks as a director. He's just a utility director. His films don't suck, nor are they great. They are just sort of there. He's quite capable, but he lacks the artistic spark that elevates a film from average to good or even great.

I think X3 could be decent, but any chance it had of achieving greatness went out the window the second the FOX honchos decided to dick around Singer and his creative team. They should have signed everyone the Saturday after X2 opened, but instead screwed around for the next year +. The result was Singer getting the chance at his dream project (Superman) while FOX was left holding the bag and still needing to hit a release date. Oh well. Management teams come and go in Hollywood, and it looks like FOX has gone down in flames for the next few years. Anyone recall Warner Bros. from the early 90's on until 1998? slywink

Now things have changed there which allowed for the greatness of Batman Begins and for the right people to finally make another Superman film. Maybe someday we'll get another great X-Men movie.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 11:00:12 PM »

The trailer makes the film look... serviceable.  No imaginative spark, but it also doesn't look like it'll suck.

Is it just me, or does the night-time city ruins scene with the kids running scared and Wolverine smoking a cigar scream "DANGER ROOM" to anyone else?

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: