http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 11:21:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF is with McCain?  (Read 659 times)
Kobra
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2006, 07:15:07 AM »

I liked McCain a few years ago, I voted for him in the 2000 Michigan Primary, where he won.  I was sad when he didn't get the nomination.  He seemed "Moderate" from most of his views and positions, and like a good cadidate.

Now that fucker seems to be ALL OVER the place, and mostly far far right with some pretty radical views.  He supports the war, and wants MORE war there - by sending in more troops.  He supports the Shrub, and seems to be courting the radical religious freaks as well.  He of all people, supported the destruction of Habeus Corpus and the detainee law - which is just astounding to me..

Now this;

http://news.com.com/SenatorIllegalimagesmustbereported/2100-1028_3-6142332.html?tag=nefd.lede

McCain my friend, you keep fucking up.  Basically his new little law would really put a huge liability stamp on bloggers, forum owners, and people with open comment sections.  Really all they are doing is "Masking" an attempt to screw up the freedom of the internet by pairing it up with parents "Fears" of predators.

A McCain aide, who did not want to be identified by name, said on Friday that the measure was targeted at any Web site that "you'd have to join up or become a member of to use."

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 07:58:54 AM »

God help me, I'm on the same side as Kobra.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 01:13:18 PM »

We (mostly) agree on this one.

I happily voted for him here in the Massachusetts primary, and was dissapointed when he lost.
Then his years of just saying 'eff you' to Bush those first four after being ticked off about losing the nomination -- if I recall I felt he'd gone too far left with all his buddy buddy stuff with Ted Kennedy (I forget exactly what was bugging me 5-6 years ago, but for recent example, their shared illegal amnesty bill). 
But the end result is the same anyhow!  I don't think I'd vote for him in the primary again.  If the presidential race were to end up being a choice between him and Hillary though -- my hands are tied.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 04:33:50 PM »

I think he believes that it will be impossible to win the Republican nomination without courting the ultra right of the party.  He is probably right.  I think the sad truth is it will be difficult for either party to nominate a candidate that doesn't suck up to the far right or far left.  Then whoever wins has to try and swing toward the middle ground to get elected in the general election. In my mind you never know what someone really stands for at all. They just say what it takes to get elected. At this point, I probably wouldn't vote for McCain either unless the choice was much worse.  A few years ago, he would have probably been my pick.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 08:16:39 PM »

McCain has always been way more conservative than his Maverick/Luke Skywalker reputation implied.

Just Hiro will do.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 08:59:33 PM »

Dennis Kucinich '08!  icon_biggrin

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 11:18:04 PM »

This is what happens when people with zero technical ability have the ability to pass laws.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 12:17:49 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on December 13, 2006, 11:18:04 PM

This is what happens when people with zero technical ability have the ability to pass laws.

I agree, he just lumped himself in with the typical uninformed "OMG, Myspace has pedophiles!" politician.  It's too bad because, deserved or not, he did have a better rep than that for a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: