http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 08:03:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF is with Kerik?  (Read 1393 times)
unbreakable
« on: December 16, 2004, 01:12:34 AM »

Im really not understanding the latest non-issue in the news, which is the whole Bernie Kerik ordeal.  The guy withdrew his name for consideration, end of story.  Exaunt Bernie, stage left.

Instead, this guy has been in the news for over a week.  Ex-girlfriends are calling him evil and maniacal.  Robin Leach is doing a lifestyles piece on his stabbin' cabin overlooking the ruins of the WTC.  People are scrutinizing how he made his money, why, blah blah blah.

Why?  The guy isnt going to be a part of the administration, so why is this such big news, and why are any 'new' facts being reported?  Oh wow, some guy cheated on his wife.  How tragic and unique.  Im shocked and amazed.  Yawn.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 01:21:40 AM »

Because they don't want to focus on the UN oil for food scandal instead? smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 04:27:40 AM »

Because at heart this guy is a thug (ex merc / hired gun of one of the most abusive monarchies in the Middle East - who made it to runnin the police department of one of the nations largest cities).  I too think its ridiculous the amount of coverage - but if this is some thug turned political sycophant who skimmed millions of dollars from my taxes durin his "consulting" stint in Iraq - then I damn well wanna know about it.  Especially when over a year later and 40% of our troops vehicles are unarmored.  Is that crib overlookin the remnants of the Towers money well spent in that light?  Or is it a kickback of the most egregious proportions (at the expense of american lives)?
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 04:32:30 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Im really not understanding the latest non-issue in the news, which is the whole Bernie Kerik ordeal...Why?  The guy isnt going to be a part of the administration, so why is this such big news, and why are any 'new' facts being reported?

because the Peterson trial is now a thing of the past...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
slackerjoe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 04:38:48 AM »

Quote from: "disarm"
Quote from: "unbreakable"
Im really not understanding the latest non-issue in the news, which is the whole Bernie Kerik ordeal...Why?  The guy isnt going to be a part of the administration, so why is this such big news, and why are any 'new' facts being reported?

because the Peterson trial is now a thing of the past...

Ding! Correct answer.

PS3 screen name: slacker_joe
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 03:10:26 PM »

Well I won't argue that there is an agenda behind looking into Kerik, but yeah, the guy is a thug.

As I understand it the biggest sticking point is, in order to be nominated, he had to be vetted (investigated) by the white house.  As anyone who has gone through a security check will tell you, even for lower level clearances they are very, very thourough.  Now if he was vetted by the white house, that means, more specifically, that the white house legal counsel Alberto Gonzolez(sp?) was the one leading the investigation.

The problem there is they either missed all of these very, very obvious security red flags, or they willfully ignored those facts.  Now for a man who is all but our nations new Attorney General to have missed or ignored these facts is troubling in my book.

All of this besides the fact that Kerik was for years a public servant, and a lot of this crazy stuff was done while he worked for the city.

I think other are just wanting to use it to attack Giuliani, since he was the one who was really pushing Kerik for the job.

My 2 cents,
s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 03:58:04 PM »

This is really just another example of the vast left-wing liberal media conspiracy doing everything in their power to make the Bush administration appear dangerously incompetent just because they nominated someone to head the efforts to protect us from terrorists without subjecting him to any scrutiny whatsoever.  The idea here is that liberals are trying to make a big deal about the fact that the administration which was re-elected for their Moral Integrity and their Ability To Keep Us Safe! had nominated a profoundly immoral man with a long-standing track record of being thoroughly corrupted by any power he could seize.

Liberals will say or do *anything* to politicize issues like Homeland Security, cabinet appointments, or even the efforts to keep our troops safe.  Just look at the whole armored humvee issue -- instead of focussing on all the armor kits we *have* created and all the soldiers who *haven't* died, those f___ing democrats only want to complain about the lethargic attitudes, bungling mismanagement, and wild misappropriation of funds that created this situation in the first place.

That's because liberals always, *always* blame America first.  "Oh, it's America's fault, it's the *Republicans'* fault that we're not properly equipping our troops!"  Did it ever occur to them that its the insurgents' fault for attacking our troops in the first place?  What about blaming John Kerry for voting for the $87-billion before voting against the $87-billion?  How do flip-flops help protect our troops?  Plus, don't they remember September the 11th?!?!?!

The Bernard Kerik thing is no different.  We are at war, people, and the sooner the liberals accept that their demands for the Bush administration to start taking accountability for their (in)actions is dangerously unamerican and unpatriotic, the better off we'll all be.  Until then, I strongly recommend that everyone in America express their discontent by avoiding the news, not reading the newspaper, and commit to getting all their information through Rush Limbaugh.

-Autistic Angel
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 04:02:09 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
and commit to getting all their information through Rush Limbaugh.

LOL That's classic.  Good one. smile

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2004, 04:03:10 PM »

Until then, I strongly recommend that everyone in America express their discontent by avoiding the news, not reading the newspaper, and commit to getting all their information through Rush Limbaugh

I had the HUNH?! pic all ready to go until I read this.

Just Hiro will do.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2004, 04:03:19 PM »

I sincerely hope the parody of the above post is not lost on some.  How Swiftian of you AA.  My hat's off to you  biggrin

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2004, 04:09:44 PM »

The real reason it's in the national news is that it's big news in NYC, which makes it big news nationally.  And it's big news in NYC because he was a major local figure.

Well, and that whole "are they incompotent or corrupt?" question.  But I think most people already have opinions on that, and I don't think this really changes them.
unbreakable
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 02:53:16 PM »

When the central question is "are they incompotent or corrupt?", I tend to lean toward "yes".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: