http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 02:36:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF is up with all these flash mobs?  (Read 715 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2011, 12:38:19 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHyug2PvpB8

This is only the most recent. 

We have had similar situations in here in SE Tennessee as well. 

I'd implement a policy to shoot on sight if I were in charge.  Guess it's good I'm not in charge.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 01:31:49 PM »

it looks to be traveling North of the border up here too.
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1037372--the-flash-mob-diner-en-blanc-finally-comes-to-ontario

(ironic statement start) Don't this f'ing kids have anything better to do with their time? (ironic statement over)

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 01:45:55 PM »

I saw something on our news this weekend about Philadelphia,something about there being a curfew as well,but i missed what it was actually about and what caused it...is this the same thing?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 02:30:49 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 15, 2011, 01:45:55 PM

I saw something on our news this weekend about Philadelphia,something about there being a curfew as well,but i missed what it was actually about and what caused it...is this the same thing?

Yes, it's been a significant issue in Philadelphia lately so they've been trying to prevent it via curfew. Roman's example was a bit more benign...

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 02:35:33 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on August 15, 2011, 02:30:49 PM

Yes, it's been a significant issue in Philadelphia lately so they've been trying to prevent it via curfew. Roman's example was a bit more benign...
I don't get the use of the words flash mob since I think it means people doing choreographed dancing or singing. Maybe theft mobs would be better?

" I enjoy Jizz in my pants as well. " - Harkonis
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 02:40:21 PM »

Damn, thats nuts. Flash mobs are way cooler when they're stalking guys doing martial arts and then surround them and sing the Mortal Kombat theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOYjtSumBRo
There needs to be a better name for the criminal flash mobs.

Also, read the comments below the youtube video in the OP. You'll wonder what is more vile.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 02:42:01 PM by McBa1n » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 02:58:58 PM »

I did find it funny in the first clip where the guy walks in and knocks stuff off the shelf and the girl coming in behind him picks the stuff up and puts it back on the shelf.  You're there to steal the guys things, and you're going to bother picking that stuff up and replacing it?  I think that shows just how little they realize what they are actually doing.  They seem to think it's a game.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:38:28 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 15, 2011, 02:58:58 PM

I did find it funny in the first clip where the guy walks in and knocks stuff off the shelf and the girl coming in behind him picks the stuff up and puts it back on the shelf.  You're there to steal the guys things, and you're going to bother picking that stuff up and replacing it?  I think that shows just how little they realize what they are actually doing.  They seem to think it's a game.

I noticed that too. It was like she was saying ' hey - we're here to steal not vandalize'

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 03:41:12 PM »

In SF BART actually shut off cell phone traffic in a couple stations (not sure how they did that) for about a couple hours last week in order to avoid a flash mob event. Now critics are calling it a civil rights violation.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 05:44:58 PM »

Quote from: hispanicgamer on August 15, 2011, 02:35:33 PM

I don't get the use of the words flash mob since I think it means people doing choreographed dancing or singing. Maybe theft mobs would be better?

I've heard them called Flash Robs.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 06:19:59 PM »

Quote from: Scuzz on August 15, 2011, 03:41:12 PM

In SF BART actually shut off cell phone traffic in a couple stations (not sure how they did that) for about a couple hours last week in order to avoid a flash mob event. Now critics are calling it a civil rights violation.

Civil Rights violation?  I do not think those words mean what they think they mean. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 06:22:23 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 15, 2011, 05:44:58 PM

Quote from: hispanicgamer on August 15, 2011, 02:35:33 PM

I've heard them called Flash Robs.

That's the one.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 10:43:39 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 15, 2011, 06:19:59 PM

Quote from: Scuzz on August 15, 2011, 03:41:12 PM

Civil Rights violation?  I do not think those words mean what they think they mean.  

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/15/MNIC1KNC1U.DTL

SAN FRANCISCO -- The amorphous hacker group known as Anonymous made good Sunday on its threat to strike BART, breaching an agency website and releasing customers' personal information in retaliation for BART's decision to cut cellular phone service to prevent an antipolice protest in San Francisco.

The hack attack sent BART scrambling to protect its websites, and it infuriated some riders whose information was leaked. It came as the hackers also called for a 5 p.m. protest today at BART's Civic Center Station, where a police officer fatally shot a knife-wielding man on July 3.

BART, which ignited a debate about technology and free expression when it shut down cell phone service last Thursday, has not ruled out blocking it again tonight, agency spokesman Jim Allison said.
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 01:25:47 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 15, 2011, 12:38:19 PM

I'd implement a policy to shoot on sight if I were in charge.  Guess it's good I'm not in charge.

Thats some bullshit. I am sure any parent that recognizes their child\children on there wont do a damn thing. I showed my son 16 yeah old son this and told him if he ever, ever, ever, think of some crap like this he will get an Island style ass cutting... I don't care how old you is. Parents need to raise and talk to their children.

Ps a "ass cutting" is not literal. its a whooping with a belt,shoe,electric chord, or anything that will not break a bone or tear the skin. It does enough to make you understand that the cause was not worth the punishment. If you have two parents it may happen twice.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 03:36:55 AM »

Quote from: JuniorDan on August 16, 2011, 01:25:47 AM

Ps a "ass cutting" is not literal. its a whooping with a belt,shoe,electric chord, or anything that will not break a bone or tear the skin. It does enough to make you understand that the cause was not worth the punishment. If you have two parents it may happen twice.
The thing is that this will get you arrested as well.... At least in the states..
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 10:44:38 AM »

Quote from: Scuzz on August 15, 2011, 10:43:39 PM

SAN FRANCISCO -- The amorphous hacker group known as Anonymous made good Sunday on its threat to strike BART, breaching an agency website and releasing customers' personal information in retaliation for BART's decision to cut cellular phone service to prevent an antipolice protest in San Francisco.

I don't understand this?  Why strike at innocents if upset at BART.  Wouldn't it had made sense to release some fuck up information about Bart instead of releasing riders information

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 03:22:22 PM »

Quote from: JuniorDan on August 16, 2011, 01:25:47 AM

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 15, 2011, 12:38:19 PM

Thats some bullshit. I am sure any parent that recognizes their child\children on there wont do a damn thing. I showed my son 16 yeah old son this and told him if he ever, ever, ever, think of some crap like this he will get an Island style ass cutting... I don't care how old you is. Parents need to raise and talk to their children.

Wasn't really confused by "ass cutting" but rather "island style". Is there something more to an old fashioned ass beating when it comes to upgrading it to an island style ass beating? icon_confused

" I enjoy Jizz in my pants as well. " - Harkonis
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 04:31:48 PM »

On the islands it's done while drinking a Daquiri.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 11:53:43 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on August 17, 2011, 04:31:48 PM

On the islands it's done while drinking a Daquiri.

+1 !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: