http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 12:50:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: WOULD YOU RATHER BATTLE...  (Voting closed: August 03, 2006, 03:21:33 PM)
A werewolf? - 6 (20%)
A vampire? - 6 (20%)
A naked Ellen Pompeo? (don't you dare click this option) - 18 (60%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you rather battle...  (Read 1254 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2006, 03:21:33 PM »

A werewolf, or a vampire?

Easy question, you say, DUH, VAMPIRE, even if you lose, you gain eternal life!

Not so fast...in this scenario, if the WEREWOLF bites you, YOU become a werewolf and are given eternal life.

Granted, if you smoked 'em before they bit you, you'd totally win the battle...so yeah, think this question through, folks.  Sort of a, who do you think you could defeat + who would you rather become if you did happen to lose...

I go with vampire.  If I DIDN'T win the battle and was bit, I'd totally be all for hot gothic vampire ladies.  I think a werewolf would be a harder fight, as well.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 03:46:16 PM »

Vampire!   I think the status of "Vampire Killer" is greater than "Werewolf Killer".  It sounds cooler anyways.

Should I happen to lose, I'd rather become a sexy vampire.  I don't want to become a hairy wolfman howling at the moon.  Vampires get all the ladies.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 03:50:08 PM »

To fight against, both are tough. I mean a werewolf will track your shit down and go all savage on your ass. But a silver bullet will take care of that bitch, but ya gotta hit.

As for the vampire tracking that bitch down during the day is the way to go. Otherwise super strong, super fast, the whole bat thing. Plus he/she has the smarts unless your dealing with a newbie vampire then thats a gimmie kill.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 04:09:04 PM »

Werewolf all the day long, of course it would have to be the werewolves of the white wolf RPG, none of the pansy hollywood werewolves that just bark at the moon.  I would intentionally loose just so I could become a werewolf.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 04:10:39 PM »

I chose option 3.  Yes, I dared to do it.  Wanna make something about it?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 04:34:56 PM »

Honestly, of the options given, battling a naked Ellen Pompeo is the clear winner.  Oil her up and have a nice little wrestling match...

If I have to choose from the gothic monsters, I'd probably choose werewolf.  I'd get to be me MOST of the time and still enjoy the sunshine.  Granted, I'd have to coordinate my work schedule with the lunar calendar to keep from going all RARRR on the patients...

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 06:12:04 PM »

I love the sun.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 06:16:20 PM »

I'd go with the werewolf. If I'd become one I would go and pee on people's furniture and bushes and stuff when I wasn't hungry.

Ye Olde Farte
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 06:24:31 PM »

I would rather fight a werewolf.

I would rather lose to a vampire.

I would totally hit all the clubs, party all night long, become a legend of the night.

Why do I think of Vamp when I think of TML as a vampire?

Offshoot questions:

1. I remember reading the original Dracula, by Bram Stoker and being blown away by the guy's ability to narrate. What a helluva good book that was. Has anyone read it?

2. Does becoming a vampire automatically make you evil?  I mean besides the whole killing people and sucking their blood. Do you automatically become evil?  Or could you be a 'good vampire' and only eat criminals or something?  Also, if we were putting this into D&D terms, are vampires considered lawful evil or chaotic evil?
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 06:37:32 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"
I would rather fight a werewolf.

I would rather lose to a vampire.

I would totally hit all the clubs, party all night long, become a legend of the night.

Why do I think of Vamp when I think of TML as a vampire?

Offshoot questions:

1. I remember reading the original Dracula, by Bram Stoker and being blown away by the guy's ability to narrate. What a helluva good book that was. Has anyone read it?

2. Does becoming a vampire automatically make you evil?  I mean besides the whole killing people and sucking their blood. Do you automatically become evil?  Or could you be a 'good vampire' and only eat criminals or something?  Also, if we were putting this into D&D terms, are vampires considered lawful evil or chaotic evil?

All depends on the vamp I suppose and how they were in life. For example last I remember Strahd (Dreadlord in Ravenloft) Lawful Evil. They run the spectrum I guess.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »

Depends on what the vampire looks like.
Does she look anything like Kate Beckinsale dressed in tight leather in Underworld? I'd battle her (preferably nude in warm oil) and if I meet my demise, then so be it.. at least I went out in a blaze of erotic glory!

ATB you'd have to watch Blade (either the movies or the new tv series) supposedly there are "good vampires". Don't know if I buy it though there's been so many twists on vampires in the movies that the tradition has pretty much just been washed away.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 08:13:55 PM »

I saw blade, but i didn't know if that counted as 'official' vampire lore.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 09:46:21 PM »

I've seen a lot of vampire and werewolf movies.  If I am not mistaken they usually go on and kill whatever gets in their way, not stopping to turn noobs onto the whole "children of the night" fun parade.

But if this is a question of what I'd rather be turned into I'm totally going vampire.  I already prefer the night owl thing and hate the sun so I'm already half there.  I just don't see a lot of upside to the werewolf thing.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 11:14:46 PM »

"Blade" is an incredibly shitty movie and whoever says otherwise is crazy in the membrane.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 11:19:28 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
"Blade" is an incredibly shitty movie and whoever says otherwise is crazy in the membrane.

I enjoyed the first two.  
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 11:36:01 PM »

What's your point?  :?

Ye Olde Farte
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 11:41:37 PM »

vampire, duh!!!

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 11:46:10 PM »

Quote from: "Austin"

I enjoyed the first two.  

YOU'RE CRAZY!

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 12:26:37 AM »

I would definately fight a vampire over a werewolf.  I would rather be bitten in the neck than have my face scratched off.  Plus, becoming a vampire wouldn't be so bad, in fact, I think it would be kinda cool   smile

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006, 01:57:04 AM »

Why give an option you don't want people to choose?  

If you knock out Ellen Pompeo, I would become an immortal werewolf because you're basically restricted to a short, predictable time table of when you will go nuts.  As a vampire you are totally restricted by what you can't do (sunlight, garlic, holy water, etc) or having to constantly have a supply of blood at your disposal.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2006, 02:22:10 AM »

Hmm are we talking about losing a fight to...or fighting to win? Because if I'm fighting to lose I'm opting for Ellen whatsherface. A serious battle then, werewolf at least you know when to expect them.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2006, 02:22:46 AM »

Do werewolves ever die of old age?

Ye Olde Farte
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2006, 03:14:16 AM »

Quote from: "dbt1949"
Do werewolves ever die of old age?

It was established in the first post that for the sake of argument both werewolves and vampires would have eternal life.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2006, 06:30:41 AM »

For the purposes of this thread I understand. I meant in real life/folklore type of stuff.  :wink:

Ye Olde Farte
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2006, 02:12:16 PM »

Looks like a naked Ellen Pompeo FTW!!!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2006, 02:19:01 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
I've seen a lot of vampire and werewolf movies.  If I am not mistaken they usually go on and kill whatever gets in their way, not stopping to turn noobs onto the whole "children of the night" fun parade.

But if this is a question of what I'd rather be turned into I'm totally going vampire.  I already prefer the night owl thing and hate the sun so I'm already half there.  I just don't see a lot of upside to the werewolf thing.

Ever see Dog Soldiers? You can get hot Werewolf chicks too.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2006, 02:02:44 AM »

Quote from: "Purge"
Ever see Dog Soldiers? You can get hot Werewolf chicks too.

Vampire chicks are FREAKS!  Vampirism apparently has the bonus side effect of turning women into kinky nymphomaniacs.  Through exhaustive research into this phenomenon I've taken the liberty of bumping this from theory to law.  It's a universal cinematic truth.

Do I want yucky dog women?  If I did I'd hit up the pound.  Now that I've planted that little seed we all know where you are headed this weekend. :wink:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: