http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 08:52:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst Movie of All time candidate  (Read 9441 times)
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2006, 05:43:09 PM »

i'm surprised to see some of these flicks on the WORST movie list. Bad maybe, but most were still moderately redeeming in at least a small way

and with that I present......

The Master of Disguise, starring Dana Carvey

I dare you to still through the whole thing....
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2006, 06:39:24 PM »

Quote from: "dedewhale"
I am sorry Uwe Bol's Alone in the Dark was by far worse than anything mentioned yet

I would agree with you...except that I've seen House of the Dead.  I think that was worse.  Granted, it didn't have Tara "take em out your mouth please" Reed in it as a "Scientist", but it DID have Ron Howard's little brother and scenes from the Dreamcast game.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2006, 06:53:02 PM »

Bad Lieutenant with Harvey Keitel.

The tagline for the movie....."Gambler...Thief... Junkie... Killer...Cop"
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2006, 07:15:45 PM »

It's easy to through the pure dreck by Bay or Bruckheimer up there - but I have to acknowledge the picking of Freddy Got Fingered as a great choice.  That someone said, "let's make  a movie strring Tom Green!" is proof the Jesus died in vain.

Thing is, you can tell a lot of movies are going to be horrific just by how they are first presented in advertising (Road to Perdition Tagline: This time, it's personal.  And no, they were not being tongue in cheek).  The films that KILL me are the ones that 'coulda been a contedah', ie watching a decent character cast and a simple premise being driven into the ground in Event Horizon (exemplary in that you can pinpoint the exact scene in which that movie died).  An even better example of this is The Keep: Directed by Michael Mann.  Scott Glenn as an inhuman protector.  Ian Mckellen as a potentially conflicted Nazi collaborater.  Younger Gabriel Byrne as a vicious no nonsense SS officer.  Jurgen Prochnow as a Nazi with a conscience.   Music by Tangerine Dream  Wow.  Talk about misfiring.

I know that there is a movie circulating in my head that contained the seeds of greatness by was killed by execution, I just cannot remember what it was right now.  Give me some time, I'll figure it out.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2006, 07:22:22 PM »

Oh, and a couple easy ones to chew on:
Blues Brothers 2000 (Dan Ankroyd: You will burn in Hell.)
The Coneheads (2 decades after the skit died, no less.  Proof Lorne Michales is clueless)
Star Wars Episodes 1-3. (Yes, worst of all time.  You heard me.  Because they ruined what was one widely recognized as the greatest villain of all time.)

(I think I'm being nice by NOT including James Bond movies on this list.  Oh wait, these are just the movies I HATE the most, not the worst.  My bad.  Cool )

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2006, 07:22:31 PM »

Quote from: "Eduardo X"
Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
I've never understood the hate for Armageddon - I really enjoyed that movie and it made me cry a little bit!

You are what is wrong with the world. Yes, you are the kind of person that lets Jerry Bruckheimer think it's okay to keep releasing his movies.
Although the Bruck did a great job with Pirates of the Caribean.

He made The Rock, so for however many Coyote Ugly's or National Treasure's he makes, he gets an exemption.  FOR LIFE.

TheMissingLink on PSN
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2006, 07:33:39 PM »

Bruce Willis was in 4 Rooms?

He was part of the last scene, the best part of which was the punchline.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2006, 07:51:52 PM »

Quote from: "godhugh"
Quote from: "dedewhale"
I am sorry Uwe Bol's Alone in the Dark was by far worse than anything mentioned yet

I'm sorry, but nothing is worse then Cabin Fever. For gods sake, the guys version of a mercy kill is bashing her head in with a shovel. Not, you know, using the rifle that's two feet away!

Let's also not forget that the last 10 minutes is a shot for shot rip off of a much better horror movie.

I liked Cabin Fever and thought it was funny and intentionally so. Very enjoyable...sorry
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2006, 07:52:58 PM »

Catwoman had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.  Halle Berry and Benjamin Bratt need to be launched into deep space for making that crapfest.

The Ring 2 was also a waste of money.  I enjoyed the first one, but the sequel was predictable and boring.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2006, 08:12:53 PM »

Quote from: "Big Jake"
An even better example of this is The Keep: Directed by Michael Mann.  Scott Glenn as an inhuman protector.  Ian Mckellen as a potentially conflicted Nazi collaborater.  Younger Gabriel Byrne as a vicious no nonsense SS officer.  Jurgen Prochnow as a Nazi with a conscience.   Music by Tangerine Dream  Wow.  Talk about misfiring.

NO!  The Keep was awesome!  Pooie on you!

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2006, 10:13:05 PM »

Quote from: "WorkingMike"
i'm surprised to see some of these flicks on the WORST movie list. Bad maybe, but most were still moderately redeeming in at least a small way

and with that I present......

I dare you to still through the whole thing....

Wasn't there a pretty hot chick in that movie?

I remember sloshing thru it just to see her  biggrin

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2006, 10:22:40 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
Quote from: "Zekester"
Batman-the one with Keaton and Jack Nicholson  thumbsdown

You sir are dead to me.  I can understand having trouble with stomaching Keaton as Batman, but Nicholsons Joker will never be beaten.  Never!

See....I liked Keaton and Nicholson in it, but just couldn't stand the rest of the movie.

Lost in Translation-liked it
Cabin Fever-liked it

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
unbreakable
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2006, 12:09:53 AM »

An even better example of this is The Keep: Directed by Michael Mann.  Scott Glenn as an inhuman protector.  Ian Mckellen as a potentially conflicted Nazi collaborater.  Younger Gabriel Byrne as a vicious no nonsense SS officer.  Jurgen Prochnow as a Nazi with a conscience.   Music by Tangerine Dream  Wow.  Talk about misfiring.

By chance, I read that book a few months before the film came out.  It was a REALLY good book.  If they had just followed the story in the book, it may have become a cult favorite similar to "Highlander".

I dont recall the movie exactly, but I believe Ian McKellen's character was in the German army, and not a Nazi.  The distinction was made very clear by the character in the book.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2006, 12:33:03 AM »

Ishtar.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
unbreakable
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2006, 02:53:45 AM »

Cabin Fever-liked it

So you're the one.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2006, 03:15:10 AM »

Granted, I haven't seen a lot of these candidates, but mine would have to be Dracula: Dead and Loving It.  So boring.  And I even liked Robin Hood: Men in Tights!

As for Ishtar, I liked it.  Of course I was 9 years old when I saw it. :lol:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Dramatist
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

Worst for me in the theater was Mission To Mars.  What a horrible, horrible moive.
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2006, 03:34:52 PM »

C'mon, Brent Spiner farting was comic genius. :roll:

Some mor suggestions:

Four Brothers was a load of crap.

Transporter2-Jason Staitham is the only redeeming quality here
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2006, 04:04:47 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
Deep Blue Sea.

I'm not going to say it was a good movie.  It wasn't.  It was bad.  Really bad.  But any movie where  (NOTE: SPOILS THE ONLY GOOD THING IN THE MOVIE)

Spoiler for Hiden:
A giant shark leaps out of the water and swallows Samuel L. Jackson whole right smack dab in the middle of his pep talk about they're going to beat the sharks and live

cannot be a candidate for worst movie ever!  That was one of the finest things ever put to film, and complettely removes it from consideration in this thread.

And just for the sake of adding another movie no one's mentioned, I'll throw out that one with George Peppard and John-boy from the Waltons.  Battle Beyond the Stars or somesuch.  Bad star wars ripoff.  (Almost Phantom Menace bad!)
Orgull

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2006, 04:18:35 PM »

I'm with tiny ogre on this one. Deep blue sea had a few priceless moments, including the spoiler he mentioned above, and my personal favorite, the scene where the cook, thinking he's going to die, turns on the video camera and relates the perfect omelette recipe.. ha ha! I must have seen that movie a dozen times, I like it so much. I'm not saying it's a good movie, but I like it a lot...

Personally, my worst movie pick is "The Order" with Heath Ledger. Hands down the worst movie I have seen this decade. YEECH! Make it stop...

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2006, 04:20:59 PM »

I'm right with TO and Org on Deep Blue Sea.

The most shocking part in that spoiler was WHO got it and WHEN. I almost pooped myself.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
warning

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2006, 04:25:47 PM »

To add to the Bruce Willis list: The Color of Night and Hudson Hawk.

Yeesh.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2006, 04:28:19 PM »

Quote from: "tiny ogre"
That was one of the finest things ever put to film, and complettely removes it from consideration in this thread.

I'd have to agree there. Deep Blue sea was mostly lame but that was a great scene.

And just for the sake of adding another movie no one's mentioned, I'll throw out that one with George Peppard and John-boy from the Waltons.  Battle Beyond the Stars or somesuch.  Bad star wars ripoff.
Hey I think I remember that flick. One of the guys was called "Space Cowboy", and i don't remember it being bad at all - no star wars mind you but a highly enjoyable flick (granted i was probably in still in grade school when I saw it)
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2006, 05:10:23 PM »

The worst movie ever made is Closer.

PSN ID: EduardoX
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2006, 05:13:53 PM »

Quote from: "DarkEL"
That was one of the finest things ever put to film, and complettely removes it from consideration in this thread.

I'd have to agree there. Deep Blue sea was mostly lame but that was a great scene.

And just for the sake of adding another movie no one's mentioned, I'll throw out that one with George Peppard and John-boy from the Waltons.  Battle Beyond the Stars or somesuch.  Bad star wars ripoff.
Hey I think I remember that flick. One of the guys was called "Space Cowboy", and i don't remember it being bad at all - no star wars mind you but a highly enjoyable flick (granted i was probably in still in grade school when I saw it)

I really just wanted to make the Phantom Menace joke smile

I saw that movie around the same age as you and liked it too.  But I did watch a small part of it years later on cable.  It was painful.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2006, 05:15:02 PM »

Quote from: "DarkEL"

That was the one with the ship that had boobies!

Seriously, though, that movie was big-time chees but fun nonetheless.  I actually remember seeing another movie that recycled a ton of the effects shots from it a few years later that was much, much worse.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2006, 05:21:48 PM »

My Fair Lady would agree with you. She watched it and then went off on how awful it was when I came home.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Napoleon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2006, 06:15:03 PM »

Yeah, stop the Deep Blue Sea dissing. That movie was hilarious.

I also really dug the part where

Spoiler for Hiden:

The shark took the doctor guy who he had just bitten the arm off in his mouth and slammed him against the window of the base. Teehee.

HELLO!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2006, 07:24:06 PM »

Another worst movie EVAR nominee

Dolph Lundgren's Masters of the Universe

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2006, 07:37:32 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

My Fair Lady would agree with you. She watched it and then went off on how awful it was when I came home.

I get angry every time I think of it. I've seen tons of bad movies, but none make me angry.
Shop Girl actually makes me a little angry, but at least it wasn't as bad as closer.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Marik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2006, 08:13:54 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"

By chance, I read that book a few months before the film came out.  It was a REALLY good book.  If they had just followed the story in the book, it may have become a cult favorite similar to "Highlander".

I dont recall the movie exactly, but I believe Ian McKellen's character was in the German army, and not a Nazi.  The distinction was made very clear by the character in the book.

I was trying to remember the worst movie I'd ever seen and you just gave it to me - Highlander 2.  Holy God.  Sean Connery's agent needs to be killed slowly for dragging him into that one.  Eighties rocker look-a-likes from another planet come to fight the highlander... for the future of our ecosystem!  I've never seen a Uwe Boll movie but if he could do worse than that... he probably wins.
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2006, 08:31:24 PM »

Cabin Fever-liked it

So you're the one.

Dont forget me I liked it too!
unbreakable
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2006, 10:10:12 PM »

Quote from: "Marik"
I was trying to remember the worst movie I'd ever seen and you just gave it to me - Highlander 2.  Holy God.  Sean Connery's agent needs to be killed slowly for dragging him into that one.  Eighties rocker look-a-likes from another planet come to fight the highlander... for the future of our ecosystem!  I've never seen a Uwe Boll movie but if he could do worse than that... he probably wins.

I think I actually mentioned Highlander 2 in this thread.  Too lazy to look anyway, and it doesnt matter, really.  Yeah, H2 was terrible.  To repeat, I believe I read in an interview the movie would have never been made if Connery was not in it, so he probably got a really phat paycheck for his incredibly tiny part in that incredibly bad film.

At the time I had a preconceived notion of what the film would have been, and MY idea would have kicked SO much balls.  Imagine this: Yeah, the Highlander won on this world, but in the future we encounter another race.  On THEIR planet, the good guy lost.  So it would have been an epic, sci-fi with swords, clash of between good and evil.  A great script like that could have taken the francise to Star Wars levels.  Man, every time I think about it, it makes me want to write up the screenplay.
unbreakable
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2006, 10:12:16 PM »

Natalie Portman.  Naked.

Someone will be by to pick up your man card; you obviously have no need for it.

On another note, Clive Owen's performance wasnt too bad in there.  IMO, besides Portman and Owen, the movie sucked.  But hey, having Julia Roberts in a film brings certain expectations of suckage which are an obligation to having her there.

Quote from: "tru1cy"
Dolph Lundgren's Masters of the Universe

Nah, that ranks as one of Dolph's best films.  He has made FAR worse movies.

Quote from: "stiffler"
Dracula: Dead and Loving It

I agree.  Leslie Neilson's movies have, aside from the Naked Gun stuff, always seemed very non-funny to me.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2006, 11:35:52 PM »

Natalie Portman.  Naked.

Someone will be by to pick up your man card; you obviously have no need for it.

It would have saved it had she been naked.

But she wasn't.  All we got to see was her ass in a thong.  That was not enough to overcome her GODAWFUL ACTING.

gellar
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2006, 12:03:28 AM »

Sorry, but I'm in the camp that Deep Blue Sea was definetely a bad film.

Highlander 2 was indeed a truly awe-inspiring crap-fest.  And I wasn't even expecting that much from it.  Dear god, the villains alone in that film would rival any other horrible movie.

(While reading this thread, COnan the Destroyer came on.  Great Timing!  :lol: )

My biggest problem is that a lot of the films I would nominate as conteders for worst film would be liked by 15 yo boys.  (Blade 2 being a great example of a horseshit movie that will be defended by some 15yo saying, 'dude! he looks cool in black leather!'  Hell, it worked for matrix, and this film is 100 tiimes worse than the matrix.)

unbreakable
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2006, 12:55:23 AM »

Highlander 2 was indeed a truly awe-inspiring crap-fest.  And I wasn't even expecting that much from it.  Dear god, the villains alone in that film would rival any other horrible movie.

Michael Ironside: your ticket to crappy movies!

My biggest problem is that a lot of the films I would nominate as conteders for worst film would be liked by 15 yo boys.  (Blade 2 being a great example of a horseshit movie that will be defended by some 15yo saying, 'dude! he looks cool in black leather!'  Hell, it worked for matrix, and this film is 100 tiimes worse than the matrix.)

Blade 2 had some moments of being really good.  I would cite it as bad in the way Underworld was bad, in that it was only bad because it was an average movie which demonstrated, at times, that it had the potential to be brilliant.  And, of course, both borrow heavily from Vampire: The Masquerade, which is probably why that brilliance even showed through.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2006, 02:11:02 AM »

Michael Ironside: your ticket to crappy movies!

DUDE!! Starship Troopers rules. Yes, I realize I'm one of four defenders of the movie, but I love it and Ironside is awesome in it. biggrin

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2006, 03:08:05 AM »

Scanners!

Who could forget him in that movie????

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Hapfloyde
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2006, 03:19:56 AM »

Come on, 3 pages and not one vote for "Plan 9 From Outerspace" or "Santa Clause Conquers the Martians"?  Let's get some classics in here!

Ha, ha, ha. You have struck Hercules!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: