http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 03:37:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst... day... EVER (NSFW, and VERY un PC.)  (Read 1662 times)
Drazzil
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2005, 08:17:52 AM »

Worst day at work ever. Someone dropped a shirt into a tolier, and then pissed on it. I didnt know whether to be mad at the person for dropping the shirt into the toliet, or grateful that he didn't flush the fucking thing. To make things worse a black intrest film named "Coach Carter" premiered, along with several other big name films. Every goddamn gangbanger in San Bernardino must have shown up. Several fights broke out, shit was bad. I had to involve myself into a situation between an irate crazy crackhead bitch who thought this gal named N, insulted her mother.  This was out of the question as N. is one of the nicest gals I know. That chick was just hopped up on *something*

The stupid cunt went all out and jumped the counter and started attacking Nina... To make things worse, the crazy twats mother and boyfriend got involved. I took off my badge, tucked in my pocketwatch chain,  ran around the counter and pried N.'s hair out of said womans hands, drove my elbow into the attackers solar plexus and shoved her off N, and let her backpedal right out of the concession stand. Shit got crazy and her boyfriend wanted to leave, Immedaitely. The woman backed off for fifteen seconds or so to try to get support from boyfriend and mother. The woman tried to come back for round two but I placed myself between the co worker and N. By this time my blood was up, and I was ready to kill all three motherfuckers. I was willing to commit murder at that moment.

She tried to get past me but I wouldnt let her. I was praying she or her boyfriend or someone would throw a punch at me so I could kill one of them, legally.

Around nine things got even worse, wall to wall gangbangers, throwing signs, screaming insults, tearing shit up so bad it was like a nightclub scene mixed with some kind of riot. There were three fights in the course of an hour and a half.

I want to resign tomorrow. Badly, but the worst part is I cant fucking quit.
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 08:33:06 AM »

Dude, get out of that town yknow? I like what you are trying to do with yourself now and I think its very positive, but I think you live in an area that is not conducive to nice and easy growth. Plus, that situation sucks hardcore, but seriously, even so, you overreacted. Try to just be more balanced about life in general, and this type of unfortunate conflict will not make you so angry that you are not thinking rationally.

It would suck for everything you are working for to blow up in smoke because you got in a stupid fight, and believe you me when I say it is MUCH more likely that you would have gotten stabbed, shot, beaten, hurt, etc rather than be able to "kill" this random agressor. Just keep cool man, and keep on trying to make things better.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 09:10:46 AM »

Oh man you broke up a CATFIGHT? What were you thinking!

I take it you are in law enforcement? (I'm ex law enforcement, terminated for being too rough with an inmate.)

If you are working for a police department and it sounds like obviously a bad city, I'm with Rage, head somewhere else. There are some REALLY nice small sheriff departments out there. I mean the kind you see in the movies, with a small population, very peaceful, and you can kick back in your chair and eat donuts and drink coffee all day long.

Why can't you resign anyway? If you have your certification, as far as I know, it's good anywhere in the state. You just might have to pass a small pretest before getting into a new department. And if you can't resign because you signed a contract (like I did) then I say the hell with it, resign anyway and go to another department. (First let the other department hire you though of course.) It's better to pay back whatever money you owe than to stay working where you don't want to work. Work and life seem to go together, and if you're unhappy with work, chances are you'll be unhappy in life. Why work where you dont want to? If there is another reason why you can't resign forgive my post.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 02:05:24 PM »

Ye Olde Farte
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 02:06:42 PM »

What I find odd is that a theater in an area with, apparently, a large black gang population didn't bring in extra security (read: police) during the opening of a black-centered film starring Sam Jackson and a bunch of youths with attitude.  If theaters in Dallas know better, I'd think San Bernadino'd be up on that one.

Granted, from advance media, Coach Carter wasn't the obvious powderkeg that 187 was, but from the clientelle you describe I'd think the theater would have at least one officer on hand every Friday/Saturday night.  Two-to-three when a movie that appeals to a problem demographic opens.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 03:45:19 PM »

Well let me jump in here and post before this thread gets out of hand and off-topic as most of Drazzil's post do.
#1.  Drazz, i have read most if not all of your posts here and at GG over the last few years about your antics, trials, and unfortunate events in life.  However, to my knowledge this is the first time i've decided to post in any of them.  
I gotta second Rage's advice about getting yourself out of that town and into an environment that's going to make it easier for you to achieve your goals in life.  You might find it hard to believe, but there's alot of people around here secretly pulling for you and waiting on that "success" thread instead of these disasters we see here weekly.  
Theres no doubt you've been handed a crappy deck to deal with, but you gotta play the hand you got.  You just can't get yourself involved in fights and situations like the one last night.  I know the girl you were protecting was your friend but fighting with gang members is about the stupidist thing i've heard.  Unless you can catch bullets or take on about 10-12 of those jerks, why would you even consider getting involved?  Were there no other police to help? I guarantee if you were to hit one about 10 more would have came out of nowhere and hurt or even "killed" you.
Take some advice from some of the people around here that's lived a few years longer than you and take them to heart.  I know we haven't walked in your shoes.  But i would bet theres a few here that's been through alot of similar things as you have and has come out of it successfully.
Most of the unbelievable life changing stories you read about or see on tv are about people who decided they were no longer going to live in the crap they were in.  Most took drastic steps to get out and alot of time left alot of family and friends behind.  So i would suggest that you either make a commitment as well or accept these types of things will happen to you continually the rest of your life.  I refuse to believe these things happen over and over to people who are living positive and healthly lives.
And let me add, i am not attacking you Drazz.  I took the time to write because i wanna see you get out of this mess.  Heck i'd pay for a bust icket for you to get somewhere else if you needed it.  I'm still waiting on that "feel good" thread Drazz.

Drazzil
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 05:11:59 PM »

Im not in law enforcement, but I was before. This job is just me working at a theatre. And I dont leave because I cant afford to and dont really have any money, and these people werent gang bangers, they were just crazies. And Ill be damned if I see a co worker getting whailed on and dont jump in, and there were police right outside in the courtyard, and they did indeed get involved, but this was quick, there were no police around and that gal needed me now .

So, I made a split second decision, helped a co worker, diffused a situation, and honestly, if this job gets me killed, Im ready to go.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2005, 07:09:50 PM »

Cmon drazz, dont make it bigger than its not. I know its your job and your friend and you are pissed, but NO ONE in their right mind should be willing to die for a job in a movie theater. I think you just need to let this whole thing cool down so you realize that you are overreacting a tad. It did suck, you did the right thing standing up for your coworker, but its not that bad.

So tell us. How goes the college stuff? Are you sure you dont want to try to get a job as a writer? How bout an entry level position testing games. Something more constructive than the movie theater job and in a different part of town. Where do you live btw? I am moving somewhere hopefully near malibu in May, so I want to know which are the unsavory areas up there.

Listen, keep your head up, and realize that no one here has called you a liar like at some "other" boards.
Drazzil
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2005, 07:20:04 PM »

Long story short: My life is absolutely in the shitter right now:

I was cut off of financial aid after having two withdrawals, two semesters in a row. I asked the Financial Aid office if they were going to cut me off, twice last semester and they said no twice.

On top of that bullshit they invented a new rule this semester that says if you dont complete 75% of the classes you enroll for, you get cut off.

I dropped one class because I was misinformed by a counciler as to the classes start date and time, and like the dumbass I am, I didnt check the printout.

I am appealing this decision, and a gal who is on the financial aid appeals review board said she would speak on my behalf. So its just a matter of waiting to see if this shit comes up smelling like roses.

Thing is, I put four hundred dollars worth of books on the ol' credit card thinking that I would get my check in a matter of days, as the financial aid office did not inform me, neither did they send me a letter about my being cut off from aid, they just didnt send me my check. So now Im a grand in the hole from my credit card and I find myself giving a fuck about life just a little less every single day I am in this situation.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2005, 08:55:03 PM »

Keep on going Drazz.  I'm not trying to play devils advocate because i know these things suck, but they did not just make up that 75% that i'm aware of.  I've been to several schools and i've seen it before whenever i tried to apply for financial aid.  I was recently put on financial aid suspension because i am in excess hours because i already have a BS and i'm doing something totally unrelated to that education.  When i was suspended they intially didn't tell me why, but one of the reasons was because of that 75% rule you mentioned.  
All i'm saying is don't lose faith.  I know none of us here know how you feel, but i encourage you to not let this get the best of you.  From what you've already told us there's no doubt you are a survivor.  Look at this as a way to prove everyone or thing wrong about not being successful.
Be as positive as you can and things will work out.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 11:58:55 AM »

tucked in my pocketwatch chain

This just struck me as funny...
El Guapo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2005, 04:50:43 PM »

She tried to get past me but I wouldnt let her. I was praying she or her boyfriend or someone would throw a punch at me so I could kill one of them, legally.

Just FYI, someone throwing a punch at you doesn't make it legal to kill them.  They have to be using lethal force before you can, so they'd at least have to pull a knife or something.

But generally, I'd say you've been through too much to quit now; if you keep plugging things will go right eventually, and it'd be silly to quit at the rough part, before good things happen[/quote]
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2005, 04:42:34 PM »

Return the books for a refund...its easy.  You should get full credit on the return as long as the semester isnt too old.

morlac00 on PSN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: