http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 08:53:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World War Z Movie  (Read 4842 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2013, 03:58:16 AM »

I thought it was a reasonably well done movie, having more in common with Contagion or Outbreak than The Walking Dead.  I didn't read the book, so that was probably for the best given it seemed to have nothing to do with it.  As much as I love TWD, I've been getting a bit tired of the zombie genre's phase of being all survival and character-oriented instead of having a "hero" or someone to root for.  Even though the ending is kind of ridiculous, at least it had a twist or two I hadn't seen before so that was nice.  I'm not much of a Brad Pitt fan but I thought he did a reasonable job carrying the plot.

Interestingly, the original 30-40 final minutes or so was completely different from this version.  That version actually sounded like it had a little more of the edge from the book, and it seemed interesting but definitely much more bleak and depressing.  Here's some info (caution the link has plenty of movie spoilers):

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2013, 10:06:43 AM »

I would have liked that ending but that's just me

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2013, 01:28:54 PM »

I actually think the ending they have now is better than the one outlined in that article.  It's flawed in many ways, but at least it isn't an attempt to recreate The Walking Dead.  I'm glad they refocused the theme on the zombie plague as a pandemic outbreak.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2013, 10:57:18 PM »

I look forward to the sequel, where they fly their seaplane into Montana to enlist the the aid of Bigfoot. This sequel will be called,

WORLD WAR Z - SHADES OF GRAY

Should be awesome! It'll pull in the teenage boys and menopausal women too!
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2013, 01:55:58 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on June 25, 2013, 03:58:16 AM

I thought it was a reasonably well done movie, having more in common with Contagion or Outbreak than The Walking Dead.  I didn't read the book, so that was probably for the best given it seemed to have nothing to do with it.  As much as I love TWD, I've been getting a bit tired of the zombie genre's phase of being all survival and character-oriented instead of having a "hero" or someone to root for.  Even though the ending is kind of ridiculous, at least it had a twist or two I hadn't seen before so that was nice.  I'm not much of a Brad Pitt fan but I thought he did a reasonable job carrying the plot.

Interestingly, the original 30-40 final minutes or so was completely different from this version.  That version actually sounded like it had a little more of the edge from the book, and it seemed interesting but definitely much more bleak and depressing.  Here's some info (caution the link has plenty of movie spoilers):

Wow.. That would have been an atrociously depressing ending. I kinda like the movie's reworked ending, because it was more personal and intimate; specially considering what came before was so massively disastrous (zombies running like ant hordes all over the place).
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2013, 03:52:02 PM »

too depressing an ending for an apocalypse movie?  that's kind of their thing.  even when the mood is uplifting, the undercurrent is still there. 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: